main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2014 (June 9th-12th) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks like it could sell me the console! Can Wii U's on the cheap preowned for about £150 now, in a few months it'll likely drop further.

Oh and one of the most bonkers games I ever played has a Wii U exclusive sequel - Bayonetta 2.

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Even better- I think the original Bayonetta is included too (since the original was on different consoles).

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Kraptaku's own Steve Tostito's Brand Chips confirmed with Reggie Fils-Aime there's no DQ7 to be announced.

So where was I? Oh right:

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    New IP announced at the 3DS Developer Conference. A turn-based action game that is code named: STEAM..

Set in a steampunk version of Europe… against an alien invasion. Intelligent Systems is behind it.

EDIT: Art style is in the vein of comic books. - gameplay is like a 3rd person Advance Wars/Fire Emblem.

EDIT 2:

Here's a trailer for Fantasy Life for those that missed it and later on there should be the demonstration.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

EDIT- Project STEAM mixes turn based strategy with 3rd person shooter action.

EDIT 2- Art style is inspired by Silver Age Jack Kirby. Being described as a Japanese take on Kirby. Aliens are inspired by HP Lovecraft.

EDIT 3- STEAM's story involves an organization put together by Lincoln. Someone else pointed out this from the Smash Mii Fighter reveal yesterday:

[​IMG]

Oh, Nintendo. You art clever.

EDIT 4- Emphasizes abilities based on character appearances for upgrades and not as much on stats- you can't grind to a more powerful character.

Overall intention behind the game is to make strategy games more mainstream (thus the 3rd person shooter elements) with the hope that more people will fall in love with the genre the way the designers are.

It's being developed by Intelligent Systems and is being compared to Valkyrie Chronicles, Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The leaked screenshots are pretty cool. They mentioned Mignola and Kirby as influences and you can definitely see it - someone on /v/ pointed out that it looks a lot like Freedom Force, and I concur. Plus the Advance Wars composer is confirmed to be on music duties.

They also indirectly confirmed that a new AW and FE are in-development, with SMT x FE "on schedule."

Bretty good conference.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And the demo will be tomorrow, sweet.

8. Sasaki Kojiro

Sasaki Kojiro Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2014
    Yap, I ment portable system games :D. As for Pokemon, I use gbSP Kai. Ive tried out the monster hunter games, the FF games (that are available for PSP) and some more, but never enjoyed any of them :(.
    Star Citizen is a kickstarter/indie game, I think that is why they dont have any major publicity at E3. Making the game costs enough.. I think its gonna pay that they are working so much on the game and bringing such a convincent experience (have you played the beta? you can even try out a cruiser ship (which at the end is like replaying through dead space 2 without necromorphs.) depending on your donation.

Greetings 2nd! ^^

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Haven't played the beta but have kept an occasional eye on SC's development. I know they came out with a new trailer recently, which probably isn't a coincidence if they're not attending E3.

EDIT- Interesting ideas behind Fantasy Life and Project STEAM in trying to take certain genres and give them a broader appeal and provide the player options on how to play the game based on their play style instead of set difficulty levels or hand-holding guides.

For example, Project STEAM uses it's in-game currency/points for both item upgrades and saving, amongst other features. Which means a newer player can spend them on more frequent save points while an advanced player can focus on acquiring better weaponry and such, with higher risk from failure.

EDIT 2- i missed the first couple hours of the Treehouse stream today but when I jumped on they were finished up a demo of Project STEAM. Since then they've demo'd both Smash games, more rounds of Splatoon (between the Devs and Treehouse elite), Project Guard and Xenoblade and are now showing off Yoshi's Wooly World.

Also, LOL...

[​IMG]

EDIT 3- During the Bayonetta 2 demo, they revealed there is mech armor in it. They're showing off Zelda in Hyrule Warriors now.

[​IMG]

EDIT 4- They mentioned that everything we've seen from Hyrule Warriors is the "Legends" mode and that they can't talk about the other mode of the game that will probably take up more of our time. How interesting...