main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2014 (June 9th-12th) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2014.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, that does look awesome. Too bad the game isn't until next year February, but that's definitely something to look forward to. That and time to try to get enough money for a new PC. Hm, or maybe I'll just settle for the PS4 version. Not to mention deciding where to buy it (since GOG just announced their new Galaxy program).

Sounds like FFXV and KH3 are not appearing at E3 this year. I wasn't expecting either game anytime soon, but I was expecting at least a trailer or a gameplay demo (it has been eight years since FFXV was announced, though under a different name back then), given how both games were shown off during Sony's conference. Speculation is that Square Enix is saving stuff for Tokyo Game Show later on, and that somewhat makes sense, their home country and all, but a bit of a spotlight in 2013 then nothing in 2014 is odd. Unless both games are in even worse shape then expected.

2. Sasaki Kojiro

Sasaki Kojiro Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2014
    Hey Guys,

I thought you cant access the "worthy" areas of E3 unless you are some sort of proof that you work for the Gaming Industry. I heard developers even have their own secret VIP passes.
    I hate that kind of organizations.
    Anyways, an interesting amount of games you guys are waiting for, but a lot of them kinda suck :D I can tell even before they come out. Latest awesome releases would be Wolfenstein: TNO. Loved it. The nazis are sort of like the Imperium to me.

Did anyone notice anything about "The Order 1886" ? looks totally sick too.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe The Order is among the notable titles delayed into an unknown 2015 release date.

And, as far as passes for developers go... uh, yeah, that's sort of the point. We might lose sight of it underneath all the media hype and shine but E3 is an industry conference for publishers and developers.

We might focus on the press conferences and media demos but a lot of E3 isn't meant for us and happens off camera between people actually working on games.

4. Sasaki Kojiro

Sasaki Kojiro Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2014
    Yeah, but what do you think about it? It looks like a mixture of Egoshooter and thirdperson adventure game, story looks special though.

Anyways, Ive been battling with Bethesda over the new Wolfenstein: TNO. My Xbox360 Elite S (2007) was able to play through the game once, and after that never again. I cant continue further after the cutscene where Blaskowitz is holding the chainsaw and asks the nazi general a question.

So.. Im not getting any new games, and Im deffinitely thinking about changing to Sony (PS3 or 4) rather than getting the latest Xbox 360 or even One.

I know this isnt really a Starwars topic, but maybe some of you want to share their CONSTRUCTIVE and INTELLIGENT thoughts?
    Thanks for taking the time to read =)

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Honestly I haven't watched anything about it since the E3 teaser from last year, but I assume we'll be seeing more this week.

EDIT- It looks like Spike's coverage this year is only showing the Xbox conference and just general floor coverage today, and nothing else the rest of the night or week.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, Spike's even saying you have to check online for the rest. I'm just sticking with IGNorant.

Nobody145 and Penguinator like this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Say what you will about the hosts, I miss G4's coverage. At least it was easily accessible if you had the channel.

Oh well, the one thing I'm looking forward to the most is that unannounced Beth title in the hopes we finally get Fallout 4. Knowing my luck it will be something for ESO though, which I could quite frankly care less about.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed. It really is sad that G4 abandoned their only two shows worth watching, X-Play and to a lesser extent Attack of the Show.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    G4 is a walking corpse.

Wishing Rev3 still had the Sess and were doing coverage this year. Can't stand Spike and the Doritos King, can't stand Major Nelson, so I'm going with IGN. Greg Miller ain't so bad.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Also, Burnie "RvB" Burns.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Add lasers to Call of Duty and it does become a little more interesting to me. :p

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "We want the Halo audience."

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Yeah. When I heard it was CoD I was uninterested, but by the end I thought it was pretty good. Also the game is set in 2054. Guess its now the most futuristic CoD beating out BOII.

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Evolve looks amazing.

Ohhh... Assassin's Creed Unity...

EDIT: Four people co-op for ACU... o_O

EDIT 2: Those graphic tho...

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Another Assassins Creed? People like raging on CoD for yearly releases, but Ubisoft is getting just as bad...

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Takes place in France, everyone speaks English. :p

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm liking the premise behind Unity, it's like playing as the Anti-Pimpernel.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Don't you know? Everyone in the galaxy planet speak English :p

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    This actually looks pretty neat.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Also, it's Ubisoft, so there actually is a French language option.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I was a bit let down that, after hyping up new gaming experiences, that they chose to open with another COD- but the sci-fi elements at least make it different from other CODs. However, I can't help but think about how Titanfall was basically a COD clone with mechs and special jumping abilities, now COD has added mechs and special jumping abilities and basically become a clone of a clone...

By the end I was somewhat more interested than I have been in the COD franchise, but I'd really have to see more. I'm dismayed that, even with the new elements, the COD franchise is still, seemingly, an almost on-rails event-to-event corridor shooter. It might just be my old GoldenEye days talking, but I really miss non-linear mainstream shooters, in terms of level and game design.

I;d also be concerned that the red targeting highlight will be over-required to play the game, like the detective vision in Arkham City.

EDIT- Forza seems to remain nothing but a graphics showcase, but there's not much new to be done with racing simulators.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Thought this was another generic FPS, then it out to be Sunset Overdrive.

Love the fourth wall breaking.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Wait, when did the Capcom.exe protocol develop self-awareness?

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, love Insomniac's humour. Sunset Overdrive looks to be a blast.

I love the AC franchise, though I won't be playing co-op first time through. Can't concentrate on a good story if I'm chatting with friends.

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Did the stream just go down for you guys?

EDIT: It back up, so never mind.