main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2014 (June 9th-12th) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The fantasy course thing would normally be pretty cool.. except in the end you're still playing golf. ;)

Also, are they seriously going from "Madden 25" to "Madden 15". Ugh.

EDIT- What the hell is a "MOBA"?

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Play all the footballs.

And all the MOBAs.

But not just any MOBAs.

These are better MOBAs. With a purpose.

And emoshuns.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    No clue. A MOAB is a really big bomb, but swapping the B and A leaves me clueless.

To be fair I'm not really paying much attention right now because nothing has interested me since the Mass Effect stuff :p

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I also like how they try to play off breaking down a game to it's basic components in order to make a new game as something new or rare. Except that, unless you're just adding a map or something, that's how you make every game.

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Hey remember that guy talking about Dawngate saying he "likes books"?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You ragging on golf games?!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  9. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Not gonna lie, the new Mirror's Edge game looks good so far.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Take a shot every time the word "feel" is said during EA's conference and you would die.

Life likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Grand Theft Battlefield looks pretty cool. Though if they want to impress me, they'd have the player character die and respawn a half dozen times from being hit by falling bricks- they're clearly operating under Home Alone 2 physics. ;)

It's not a term I've ever seen printed or pronounced before anywhere (it's usually just the individual game's title abbreviation), so them throwing it around like it's as well known as "FPS" or "RTS" or "RPG" or "Shmup" causes quite a bit of confusion.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I wasn't planning on doing overview reviews for the developers, but I'll make an exception.​
    Found myself longing for the sweet embrace of death. F.​

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    EA Conference: Battlefront looks gorgeous. Grand Theft Battlefield looks very cool too. Tons of sports boredom. Mirror's Edge looks neat. I still need to play Mass Effect so I've got a long time to not worry about ME4. Not much to really talk about here, though. Kind of a low key event though, not a lot of excitement.

14. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Holy crap Battlefront looks amazing. That shot on Endor was showing the dude (Luke?) riding the speeder in 3rd person. Is that 3rd person confirmation?

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's not going to look that good, that's a dedicated in-engine build.

Edit: I think the phrase of choice is "bullshot."

Life and Ender Sai like this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    The Battlefield website is down. I tried signing up for the beta, but got an error code.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm seriously wondering who is showing the Bethesda title.

And yes, I am well aware I'm a broken record but I want to see if we finally get Fallout 4 darn it! :p

(and yes, I fully expect to be disappointed )

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah it was pretty dire.

19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I know I'm about 5 pages late (busy with something else), but I still miss G4. Far from what they used to be (not that they were ever all that great), but at least they broadcast most of the press conferences, nowadays its all stream this and liveblog that with no rewinding. Then they turned G4 into something else, but then changed their minds but the channel was already cancelled (not that it had many shows left, but still) and whatever, don't care.

Time to catch up on all the news. Spike has the Microsoft and EA conferences, but not Sony or Ubisoft. If I were more of a Sony fanboy, I would say they were paid off, but more likely that awful channel just didn't want to spend that much time on games. At least I can watch the Ubisoft and Sony livestream later. Don't think there were any huge surprises so far?

Having most of the Halo games on the current Xbox does sound convenient, maybe in another few years I'll pick up the game and system once the price drops more. I've played a lot of Ratchet and Clank games, but while Sunset Overdrive looks great, still not enough reason to buy a XB1. Still reading through blogs and haven't had time to watch the Microsoft console, but slightly surprised they didn't push the lower price point more.

Too bad Dragon Age Inquisition is probably the closest thing to release, with Mass Effect and their Star Wars games still far, far off. No SWTOR, but that's no surprise. Hm, I should get around to playing the first two games on PC someday. Well, that and get a decent gaming PC someday. Otherwise, not interested in that much else from EA or Microsoft.

Now to try and watch everything before Ubisoft's conference starts. What Assasin's Creed are they up to now, 5? Though never really bought most of them anyway.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Kind of nervous about Ubisoft's conference. There's gonna be gold in there, but it's going to be hidden under a lot of coal.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
  22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I wish there was something like a "Gears of War" or something original. There are too many sequels to games that we already know what to expect more or less. Nothing really stands out that I simply MUST buy a new console aside from Arkham Knight and I really don't feel like buying a 400 dollar console for one game. I love AC and I played BF 1 and 2 years ago and Dragon Age looks cool but still!

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm also kind of amused that two Microsoft E3 presentations in a row have featured at least one major game exclusive that, IMO, would have been better served by being on the Wii U than XB1 to utilize the asymmetrical gameplay possibilities to their fullest- last year with PVZ Garden Warefare and this year with Fables Legends. A shame, really.

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Gosh darn it Twitch. It's supposed to be Bethesda not freakin Witcher 3 right now![face_frustrated]

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Microsoft publishes Fable, of course it's not on WiiU.
    Yeah, that broke my heart.

Well, not that much. WITCHER!