main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[E3] New Xbox 360 Slim Confirmed

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    http://kotaku.com/5562387/new-xbox-360-coming-project-natal-gets-renamed

[image=http://a.imagehost.org/0787/500x_slim360.jpg]

The new design is kinda meh, and doesn't actually look all that smaller. But if it runs quieter and has built in WiFi? Hell, I'll bite.

Original flash ad that appeared on an Italian website, and has since been pulled. o_O

[image=http://i.imgur.com/7srDh.gif]

Edit - Now confirmed.

2. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Looks fishy.

If it is legit though, I'm definitely going to get one.

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    That's ugly as all hell.

4. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    And I want one. :p

It's real. It's coming this week. It's the same price...

Unreal. I'm half-tempted to go chunk down 300 bucks on a new one this week. Damn you, M$!!! Everyone at E3 got one for free (insane). I was expecting it to retail for 400 or something.

More pics

5. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Sold! =P~

It's a lot smaller than expected, and I hope it's more reliable and quieter.

6. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I'm buying on day one.:D

Wait... its coming out on shelves... this week?

7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I REALLY wish they ahd a Trade-up program for these.

Im on my 4th xbox and it sound like its gonna RRoD on me any day now(also the 2 USB's in front burned out on this current replacement). Got one day one, and have had 3 RRoD since then :(

I'd really like a newer system that wont crap out on me, but i cant really afford to buy one new, and the replacements they send are, at best, refurb's.

Still, looks sleek. And from what i've read it seems like the power supply is going to be smaller as well as an integrated socket for Kinect.

Kriffing MS...Give me a trade-up program so it only costs me 100 or 150 for the new one :mad:

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I was floored to hear it's shipping now. I figured it'd be in the fall at a 400 dollar price point. Really surprised And really excited.

I wonder if I take mine into Best Buy and tell them mine bricked, if they'll replace it with a new one? I have a replacement plan haha. Will have to wait for the older, junkier modles to get bought out. :p

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, I might just have to get one by year's end.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    After 5 years (with 4 RROD's on my end), now they come up with the "perfected" design?! :mad:

I'd be even angrier if I didn't want one myself. [face_frustrated]

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    If I went and bought one will there be a way to transfer my harddrive memory to this new one.

knock on wood here but Ive had my 20g since 07-08 and it runs perfectly but this new XBOX I like alot. I just dont want to have to redo Mass Effect 1&2 and all my other games if I buy this new model.

Then also how long will this new model be out before the next gen XBOX comes out. I dont want to spend another 300 bucks to have a next gen come in 2-3 yrs.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    What I'm most excited about is that there is finally built-in Wifi. Finally, after... five years (?), they bother to include wifi capability. I don't use it much, but still, it'd be nice to get Internet access without either paying for an overpriced adapter or having an Ethernet cable strung out across my room. And the design is ok, though from what I've read, they're discontinuing the current model?

Hm, I just bought a 360 last year, but this one does sound nice....

13. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yes, you can use either a USB drive or the Transfer kit

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002

Bear with me here cause this isnt my area of greatness lol!

I take a USB cord and attach it to the old 360 and the new 360 will get evrything moved over to it? Or am I way off?

What is a transfer kit exactly and which of those two is the easyest(as you can tell the less the better for me)?

15. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    It depends. If you have a spare 8-16 gig USB drive laying around that you can use for space, Great. That's the cheapest. I don't know how it works myself though.

According to an IGN article,http://gear.ign.com/articles/109/1097523p1.html, you can use the Old Data Migration Kit, which is 15 bucks, unless you can find it used. Basically its a special transfer cable that migrates data from a smaller HDD to a larger HDD. You CANNOT migrate data back. Nor can you migrate some data from the alrger to a different smaller. It's all or nothing.

Personally, after buying a 120 gig and realizing i needed a "special" cable to be able to USE the damn thing, i called MS and FUMED at them for quite some time. This may or may not get you the cable, as i got a rather kind person, and my friend was basically told to Kriff off when he tried to get one for free. Its a 50/50.

16. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'd really like to get this, mostly to play the Bioware games.

Unfortunately, I probably won't. Until I get absolute positive confirmation that the red ring of death isn't going to happen as obsenely often on this version of the 360 my boycott of the system will continue :(

17. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    The RROD issue has been fixed for a while now, the newer models are much more reliable.

Still, the new case is uncharted territory...

18. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I don't seem to see what this RROD problem is.

I have had my Xbox for over 3 years now, it is a very old model (doesn't even have HDMI port) and I have yet to get a RROD. Touch wood I won't get it anytime soon, but perhaps it is the way that they are being used by some people.

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Microsoft said they built the new system to be rock solid dependable. Good news.

Also good news, the new system comes with a transfer cable. That solved my problem!

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Wii & Ps3 FTW. I just don't trust 360 with it's RROD (no matter how much it's been worked out).

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  22. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    Um... I just want to say I have a friend who told me that the new slim is available in errr... certain places and he has a prototype and it's awesome.=P~

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You could always replay them for fun? The Mass Effect games are definitely very replayable, and I ran through ME1 three times in a row.

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    You can use USB sticks to transfer save games over now. You don't need to lose all your save games if you're just upgrading.

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    But will it transfer your username and scores and all that stuff or just the game saves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.