main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

E3 offical disccusion

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ramble_Boba, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Okay, I couldn't resist creating a thread. I love games too much and love discussing new things in games. Plus we can dig this up every year.

So E3 starts May 10th, with the Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo confernces preceeding the event. What are you looking forward to?

For me it is all about Nintendo. They have managed to keep their cards close to their chest and reveled small things every once in a while that has stirred up the community wildly. I have no doubt that they will manage to shock us all again, the crazy japanese madmen. I am also looking forward to seeing games on the Wii and how they play with the controller.

Their will also be some brilliant games showcased, with two consoles due for launch. It is going to be an exciting time.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    You shot your bolt early again.

E3 Insider Website It has some information on it but I can see it becomin more complete as the days go by.

roll on information on the Wii. Price for one please.

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    this is gonna be one HELL of an event! most anticipated E3 for Years!!

Im looking forward to all things Nintendo.... as I am a nintendo whore. however, Im curious to see what teh PS3 offers. just curious, thats all :p

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Can't wait for it either. The Channel Four teletext page Gamecentral will be doing live updates during the show too. So I'm sure me and Ramble will be keeping everyone informed what they think (Channel Four pg.305 or freeview channel 100 pg 805).
    These guys know there stuff and for me they are the most reliable source of gaming previews and reviews ;)

I think Nintendo will easily steal the show this year. Of cause there will be plenty of coverage for the PS3 because it's more "fashionable", but if all goes to plan, and the press fall in love with the Wii then I think it will grab the headlines. Price wise, from what's been said the Wii will be cheaper then the PS3 and the 360. It's always hard to tell though, but Nintendo always manage to manufacture cheaply so that always pushes unti price down :D

5. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Nintendo usually manufacture cheaply, robustly and in sufficient quantities to support initial demand.

They also make money on every unit they sell unlike sony and microsoft.

Current theorised price for the Wii is expected to be no more than £200.

Here's hoping because if it is more I'll not be getting one for a bit.

6. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Arnt we supposed to be getting the first footage from Halo 3 at this event?

If so you may have to sedate me :p

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The GameCentral boys are off to LA (lucky people). Tuesday will be Sony's pre-show conference, Wednesday's will be Nintendo's and Microsoft's and Thursday will be the start of the show!! :D

The Wii will most certainly have playable demos with many new games announced for it. And the second secret of the Wii controller will be revealed. Nintendo will also be showcasing Zelda:Twilight Princess on the GC, along with many DS titles.

It seems Sony may not have a playable version of the PS3 apart from one behind closed doors. But we should get to see what the console looks like (especially the controller which last year looked terrible) and real-time demos.

Microsoft will mainly be showcasing games for the 360, which may or may not include a trailer for Halo 3.

So here are my predictions for E3:
    - The Wii will storm the show and the only people compelled to write negative things about it will be Sony related press, but even they will have to conceed its brilliance. The console will also be renamed Revolution again.
    - Zelda:Twilight Princess will win 'game of the show' and will be given a release date prior to the Wii release.
    - The PS3 will not live up to expectations and the banana controller will be the actual controller because they didn't have time to rip-off the Wii's controller.
    - A redesigned PSP will be revealed and will feature a touchscreen, but because it's a Sony product will be total pants. They will also deny that they laughed when they first heard about the DS's touchscreen.
    - The DS line-up will be great and the new Mario Bros game will be a perfect blend of old skool gaming with new skool technology.
    - Halo 3 will probably look great but will be many years away and will totally change when it finally arrives, for the worse too.
    - Microsoft will reveal their new portable console which will be the size of a broadsheet newspaper and will weigh the same as a brick.

8. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004

Really, iv heard march '07 release all over the net.

They will probably hold it back till december '07 though, to tie in with the film release date.

9. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I want loads of info and game footage for the PS3. Couldn't care less about the other consoles.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    [image=http://www.80stees.com/images/products/nintendo_roots_t-shirt_link.jpg]

:p

My predictions were a little tounge-in-cheek, so Halo 3 could well be down for a Mar '07 release ;)

11. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Damn, I really can't spell. Jairen, please fix it!

Anyway, getting very excited now, going to be a big week. I will have no surprise if Halo 3 is shown, it is Microsoft biggest assest and you need something to upstage Sony and Nintendo.

I am also still putting my money on Zelda been annouced as a Wii launch game rather then a Gamecube title. Seriously think about it, you got a new console coming out that is a little more then a few Gamecubes strapped together. You have one of the most eagly awaited titles coming out on a console that has long been dead in anywhere outside of Japan....Even Wii enabled features wouldn't be a big selling point, not when it can entice the Hardcore to the Wii straight away. It was meant to release last Novemeber, then pushed to Febuary, and now about Wii time....

12. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
  13. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I want information on Neverwinter Nights 2! Gimme gimme gimme!

14. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but ! :D

15. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but OMG STAR WARS Wii!! :D

EDIT: Argh! Sorry, didn't mean to double post. :(

16. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    A Star Wars game has been quite a mouth watering prospect since the controller was reveled.

Talking of controllers, PS3 controller has some sensors in it that respond to motion.....sounds firmiliar?

Ohh Some real news: Europe: Nov 17th. 20GB: EUR 499. 60GB: EUR 599. That be the PS3, 6 days after Japan and the same as the Americans. So what is that in English pounds? £341 and £410 it would seem, pricey.

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, what a surprise!!!! Sony have ripped off the Wii controller!!!! Wow, I would never, ever have thought that would happen [face_plain]

Guess one of my predicitions was incorrect then, they did have time to rip it off :p
    But by all accounts it sounds like a poor man's version of the Wii controller and only one game uses it, although they say it works well but that only bodes well for the Wii.
    And of cause the Wii controller will have many more tricks up its sleeve that Sony wont be able to copy (yet).

Sounds like the PS3 got a good reception overall, and as expected it is a graphical powerhouse but interesting that Killzone didn't make an apperance ;)
    It does sound expensive too, and I think that could put people off but their on-line features sound good.

Can't wait for the Nintendo press show :D

18. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Sounds very expensive considering the 360's price tag with a 20GB hard drive. The controller seemed to be something rushed, only been known about within Sony for a couple of weeks and most developers not having a clue. Only Warhawk had some implemented features, and it isn't as sensative as the Wii. A little surprise that Sony seem to be acting a little worried from the Nintendo corner, but I guess that is why they are still the biggest console manufacter at the moment, they cover their bases. Just think that the first loads of games will make little use of it other then rushed ideas, it surely is already hard enough work for developers making games for the machine of such power without new features to try and add now.

So Nintendo step up later, and I have heard that the controller has an internal speaker allowing sound effects from the controller itself. If so, that really is a nice stroke of genius.

19. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Ive just read about PS3 tilt controll. how typical [face_roll_eyes]

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It was to be expected of Sony, but I heard their press conference at lunch and the way they announced the controller's "secret", you'd think it was a completely unique idea devised by Sony....from this day forth I am boycotting all Sony products just for the sheer cheek of it all!!

But you make a very good point Ramble, I think most developers (especially the likes of EA) will avoid using it and probably aren't too impressed with Sony right now :p
    I was quite surprised by some comments the American press were making about the PS3 though; basically they've said it's on par with the 360 which I thought it would have been a few steps ahead. And most weren't impressed with the online features because Microsoft and Nintendo have already done what Sony have promised to do, so maybe not the big thumbs up I thought it would get.

21. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    The point is I suppose, that games are being specifically designed for the wii controller. It's a completely new gaming experience which has sold me on getting one ( or more rightly getting one for my son... [face_blush] ).

22. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Sony aint getting my money Nintendo is and i will put some towards to my 360 to continue living the sheer power that it holds

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Tell the truth

24. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
  25. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.