main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

E3 offical disccusion

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ramble_Boba, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Is that a defo? becuase from the trailer it seemed like the Nintendog was like what the pokeBalls were used like in the previous SmashBros games. where u throw a pokeball and then a pokemon appears on screen. I remember that if you got a snorlax is covered almost half the screen like the nintendog seems to be doing and yer gotta dodge it

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I really must look into getting super smash bros for my 'Cube.

I don't have any beat em ups yet and I do like the virtual ass kicking my brother recieves when we play streetfighter.

It should be cheap now yes?

3. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    £16.99 from amazon, probably pick it up cheaper 2nd hand.

4. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Nintendo have amazed me this time and has convinced to pick up a few games for my DS

5. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I think orn is right in the use of the nintendog, but still nice to see. Still like the fact Snake is in, be more fun to play in that then the MGS4 game.

6. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    "Zero Suit Samus" - that's not right, she still has a suit on.

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The Radio 1 games "expert" has been giving us his E3 report. He's usually not that good but his report weren't bad. He loved the Wii and said it's going to give you something completely different and works brilliantly well. Wii Sports tennis seems to be a big favourite with many. He also agreed that the PS3 and 360 are basically the same, except the price.

The Gamecentral chaps gave pretty much the same summary of E3 too. So all-in-all mission success for Nintendo :D
    They also mentioned that the DS game line-up was possibly the best of all formats too, especially Zelda and Mario.

The new Sonic games for PS3 and 360 seem a bit odd to me, but thankfull the Wii version is much better and going back to its roots. I can imagine it's great to play with the controller too.

Let's hope Nintendo will tell us soon when we can expect the Wii and how much it's ganna cost us. I've never pre-ordered a console before, but I think I will make an exception for this one.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    It's all about MGS4 and Final Fantasy XIII. However, I will still wait until the PS3 isn't in the "Stupid pounds and 99p" bracket.

9. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    nintendo certianly won this E3. In the sense that practically everyone have been giving a good write up, I even saw it in the Sun getting some praise next to the PS3! Sony made themselves look a little silly, it is possible that they could lose a lot of ground this generation, with been no better looking then the Xbox 360 and not having the Killer exclusive anymore, GTA. Yes they may still have MGS4 and FFXIII, but they really aren't going to shift as much as GTA will, apart from FF in Japan of course, but to the west it is all about GTA. MGS has become very boring, and I really can't even watch the trailer without getting bored. So with that coming to the 360 and PS3 at the same time, and Halo3 on the 360 it really has little advantage.

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Nintendo's share price has increased since E3, which is another indication that everyone was left very impressed with them and that they have something special on their hands. I had to laugh too when Microsoft said people will be buying the 360 and the Wii, while Sony said people will be buying the PS3 and the Wii, so everyone will own a Wii according to them :p

Meanwhile Sony UK have confirmed the price of the PS3......wait for it....£425!!!!
    They aren't even ganna give you the option of the lower end model, just the 60GB top of the range one. I think the wheels are beginning to fall off the wagon, and they are really taking the mickey now. What's more, a lot of developers are pretty annoyed with them too due to lack of information on tech.specs.
    Sure the PS3 is also a Blu-ray player, but I'd rather have a stand alone player anyway and there's no certainty that Blu-ray will take-off and based on Sony's past, could be destined to fail. I'll probably opt for the HD-DVD format anyway.

Nintendo, however, have more developers joining the Wii as announced yesterday :D
    SNK stuck two fingers at Sony because Sony aren't interested in 2D games anymore....good 'ole Ninty to the rescue!!

11. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Sony will still get a lot of ground in Japan. I mean figures on Eurogamer I saw have shown that the Xbox360 currently only has 1% market share in Japan, and while PS3 will be expensive, they will go for it. There it will be a battle between Sony and Nintendo. Interestly, the same figures show that the two combined models of the DS have a staggering 70% market share, 60% is the DS lite. The figures show that even the old DS sold more then the PSP in the time period, which I am glad about, the DS is all about fun games.

The PS3 UK price is harsh, more then the European counterparts will have to pay as per normal. I have to say the lack of the low end version is really no problem, because if I was to buy one I would want the Blu-ray addition for the price I am paying, even the low end price, yet it wouldn't have that, or HDMI output and many other things. It will be interesting to see the launch line up for the machine, but some publishers are still angry at Sony for the lack of technical support and many more so because of the shock annoucement of the motion sensors in the pad. I really think it will just be a useless part of the joypad for the first few month, or maybe just a few games will add some small minor functions for it in haste.

12. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Or get one of these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.