E3 Premiere Tickets

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by Jedi_Ankh, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ankh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, May 19th at 53 Cinemas is what I have heard.

. . Now what?

When/how should I order tickets? Or, do you?

I know it's just February and it may not be officially arranged, but I thought I'd get it out there now that I'm here.
  2. QCJediGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm wondering if the theater they are building over in Moline across from Lowes and superwal-mart will be done by time E3 comes out
  3. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was wondering the same thing. The new one is pretty close to me.

Nice to see someone new from the QCA
  4. Han_Jones Jedi Knight

Everyone will need to buy tickets. I will not ask for a screening before midnight. The only way to see it is with the midnight crowd, it is tradition. As for the new theatre, 53 is our home. It is where Steve and my Star Wars career was born, it is where our Star Wars career will die.
  5. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Our group get together will be at Cinemas 53. They have been good to us and appreciate our business. The managers from Linda, Jason, Martin, Will, and the others are very helpful.Even if the new theatre is open by that time, I think we should stick with 53.

Thanks for all your support!
  6. QCJediGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    More than likely I'll end up seeing the Premiere at 53, but I'm sure if the new moline theater is open I'll be seeing E3 more then once at the moline theater. Seeing as I live not even 2 minutes from where they are building that theater....
  7. QCJediGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    The new theater will be within walking distance for me.
  8. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the idea of having more than one choice.
  9. darth_Doh Jedi Knight

YES, wonderful thing compatition is. The only bad thing about the new theatre is the massive congestion of traffic. It will be a mess trying to navigate. But it will be intresting to see how much chaos and distruction it will cause. It also looks kinda small compared to 53rd. I will probly see it in both. It will be AWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHUMM
  10. Jedi_Ankh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoa. I've checked for a response every other day since I posted this to no avail, and then the one time I am behind on it--BAM! Eight responses! =)

I doubt the Moline one will be finished in two months(wow, that soon?) though it is much closer to me, also. Though, I wonder if their sceens will be as huge.

Whooot

Everyone will need to buy tickets. I will not ask for a screening before midnight. The only way to see it is with the midnight crowd, it is tradition. As for the new theatre, 53 is our home. It is where Steve and my Star Wars career was born, it is where our Star Wars career will die.

Yes, but when? Before we are at the theater? Or that night?

11. DoctorD52 Jedi Knight

star 1
    4 o'clock in the morning on the 18th is when the line should start. Unfortunatly other star wars obligation will keep me from the line so others will have to hold the fort till the rest of the order can arive.( forgive my spelling, i am drunk.)
  12. Jedi_Ankh Jedi Knight

star 1
    4AM?! You can't pre-order?

. . I kind of have school, y'know. ;/
  13. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Everyone relax! We are two months out and we are still finishing up some plans! We will post plans as soon as we have them.

Thanks everyone!

TK/TD-1692 In the Empire's Service!!!!
  14. QCJediGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can help stand in line, I was planning on taking a few days off from work for E3 anyhoo...
  15. qc-jedi_master_damek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh you people and your tickets I have word from the highest and there will more than likely we will not be pre buying our tickets or for that fact even buying tickets. I have been informed that a few of us will just be walking in and taking our seats for the wonder that will be Episode III but I dont know If it will be all of us. 53 isn't that nice. I would imagine that the group of members that have participated the most
    ( Going to meetings and Conventions) Will be joining us in the theatre. So you see a line of whiny teens and stupid people may not be in the future of the QCJO.

So Jedi_Ankh do not expect us to get presale tickets

and as a former employee of Showcase 53 I can tell you that the more you bug the staff about tickets the longer it takes them to get to it and they will more than likely not even do it till a week before the show starts anyways.
  16. Jedi_Ankh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh, I guess I can just wait it out . . . *sits patiently*

And, I didn't mean to say I expected you guys to get tickets for me/us or anything. I meant "you" as a replacement of "one". I.E. "Or does one buy a ticket?"

Which is weird; I normally use that, being a grammar freak. =P

I'm just saying, I can't be there through school times because school is my first priority. But, I'm willing to go to school on three hours of sleep, or less . .
  17. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Raising a hand---*

Umm, the FYI for the Moline Cinemas is that the Great Escape 14 Cineplex is owned by a firm in Ohio, with designs on opening by July 4th. The word is that they are an expanded version of the Nova 6 Cinemas, but a separate firm. Read Second Run movies, folks, :). this means that if they run Episode III, it will be sometime in August or around Labor Day.

Maybe you might consider advance tickets through a cross-promotion with an area radio station like 98.9 or B100...Episode III looks to appeal to the youngest of Jedi, even with the PG13 Rating. That way the radio promotes they do the legwork, and QCJO gets the tix for a little "Agressive negotiating."

I also second not pressuring Martin or any of the other managment at 53. They are very nice but EVERYone looks to put the touch on them for freebies. If advance tix are available QCJO needs to stand out from the crowd.

A letter on letterhead from Chris or Kent to the district manager (whoever that is) may be professional (and nice) enough to secure what is needed. They know the history of QCJO's promotions; maybe showing them the integrity of the group is key to getting the comps.

Just a thought:)
  18. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is not about comps, yeah it is great if a place does something for us, but it is not about the comps, it is about doing something that we love to do. We have this group because we love Star Wars. We dress up because we like to dress up. We get to do things for people because the costumes look great and draws people to where we are at.

Another perk of course is sometimes chicks dig the Big Wookie, sometimes they like armor, they always like the smuggler, and they'll love the R2. If only we had a little Ewok!

Did we do Rick's for Comps? No. We probably could have went to Wal-Mart and got a better price on the DVD. We did Rick's because it is loyalty. Loyalty, service, strength and honor-that is what it is all about.

When we went to MSI in Chicago-they waited on us. All I really cared about was being able to walk away once in awhile and get something to drink. It was nice that they provided staff to help us navaigate the hallways, elevators, and such. Did we expect to get in free? No we did not. Did we expect anything special-no we did not.

As per the cinemas, we expect nothing. We only hope that they allow us to have fun and help create an environment that fosters our love and appreciation for the movies. My discussion about the managers is simply that over the years they have helped us share our love for these films-ok love for EP I & II might be too strong, but they allow us to create an arena of excitement. We pay to play. Simple truth. If someone does something for us, we are grateful. I appreciate a cold glass of water when I'm in armor. I appreciate the extra help when my butt/back plate comes unattached and clanks to the ground and there is someone to help me cover my rear. I appreciate that. Nobody really wants to see my rear in lycra.

We do this because we love it. We expect nothing in return save for maybe a smile or a laugh. Now the wookie, he likes hugs from beautiful women and we all know it is not wise to upset the wookie.

Thanx for reading my rambles and remember, it is because we love the movies that we get to do this. Thanx everyone!

Loyalty, fidelity in service, Strength and Honor!

Kent
    UluUlix
    TK-1692
  19. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Amen, Jedi brother 80)!!

If I may add a ramble or two as well;)--

The idea for any group is to enjoy the "journey", the act of doing something you like together. The QCJO was, and still is at its heart, a group that thrives on activities. I have been to many events with the members, and have enjoyed many. I hope it can continue.

I have posted elsewhere a standing invite to possibly join forces with the Orion Organization, a multiple genre club in the Iowa-Illinois region. They are a larger active membership, and it would be great to explore the option of doing more together, than just separately.

It is an open invite, but just "joining" something is not necessary to enjoying Star Wars. I was telling people that in junior high when Episode IV came out. However, if Episode III is indeed the swan song of the series, then all options need to be considered.

I realize the friendships and cohesion of the four active members in QCJO are important. I have close ties to friends like that myself, and wish only to enhance my aquaintances in QCJO, with or without Orion Organization.

I really understand that only "select members" are asked for certain events, to "put forward our best face". At the same time though, any narrowing of a club's focus can tend to limit what it can do. I do not want that for QCJO, again even considering Orion's open invitation to join forces. I propose that the Episode III event be a bit of a test bed--First, to promote Cinema 53 and Episode III. Second, to promote QCJO, and if the members would like to combine forces with the Orion Organization to triple the potential number working the lines for recruits. Third, consider semiregular events at family festivals and occasions during the summer, where the QCJO can regularly masquerade in Star Wars or genre costume (say, at a Renaissance Faire). This way it goes beyond the occasional film or toy premiere/DVD release/Promotional event.

This way the public sees QCJO as active, inclusive, involving and above all FUN. We can continue activities which are affordable to all and with enough advance notice to plan weeks ahead for accomodations, who's involved, reports or pics or video of what happened, etc.

Episode III's slogan on the second trailer is "The Saga is Complete"...Not for me, and I hope not for QCJO. Let us rally round Chris and his wife, Steve, Kent, and all the great members who have contributed over these last few years. If Star Wars's Saga is indeed closing, let us send it off with sabers waving and the Force felt among all.

Till Later--TeeCee.
  20. Han_Jones Jedi Knight

Fear not I am dealing with this situation. Again attendance to the April 16 meeting is important. Trust me.
  21. QCJediGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there so long as I can get directions...it'll be nice to offically meet some other Star Wars Fans
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.