main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN E3 updates, info, and more... SPOLIERS - SO BE WARNED!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Boba_Binks, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Look what the Binks found out from some people that I had the chance to talk to this weekend... :)

SPOILERS ARE BELOW. GO BACK NOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANY SPOILER INFORMATION!!!

LAST CHANCE TURN BACK NOW!!!

David (Binks): Is it true that Hayden Christensen will be wearing the Darth Vader costume in Episode 3 - "Title Unknown"?

Contact(s): It has been confirmed by George Lucas that the young actor from Canada, Hayden Christensen will be wearing the body suit and mask of the evil Darth Vader in "Star Wars: Episode III.

David (Binks): Why isn't Dave Prowse (Darth Vader in the original three films)going to don the Darth Vader costume?

Contact(s): Dave is not in good physical conditon to be asked to reprise his roll as Darth Vader. Though we know Dave is upset of not reprising his roll as Darth Vader, he knows that the performance of Darth Vader will be carried on in good hands of Hayden Christensen.
    Dave will be on the set to help coach Hayden for the scenes in Episode III that require him to be in the Darth Vader outfit.

David (Binks): I know many people who have spoken out and said that Hayden Christensen just does not fit to be Darth Vader. Many have said he is too short to visually pull this off?

Contact(s): Yes Hayden is shorter than Dave Prowse. If you recall in Episode II there is a shot of Palpatine and Anakin walking together side by side in the office. This was actually a test to see audiences reactins of having Hayden (Anakin) walk side by side with Ian (Palpatine). Many viewers did not even realize the SFX in this scene.

When filming starts for Episode III we have already talked about camera techniques that will make Hayden (Vader) seem to be the correct height to pull off the Vader Character.

David (Binks): Will James Earl jones come back to voice Darth Vader?

Contact(s): As of this present time I can only say what George Lucas has told us - "We are hoping to have Mr. Jones come in again."

David (Binks): Will we see Stormtroopers in Episode 3?

Contact(s): Well, George has not totally finished the script for Episode III. But from what has been written and from various storyboards that have been created you will start to see the shift in power where the Stormtroopers we all know and love might make an cameo in the new film.

David (Binks): So are you saying we will see the formation of the Empire in Episode 3?

Contact(s): But you have already seen the beginnings of the Empire in Episode II. Palpatine is Supreme Chancellor. He has had the grace to create the Clone Army for himself. At the end of Episode II you see Palpatine overlooking the new Clone Army. Was that not a hint that he is abusing his power and will eventually become Emperor? (Smiles and laughs when saying this.)

David (Binks): Alright, that sounds fair. So the Empire is in Episode 3. So will we see the creation of the Death Star or see any Star Destroyers?

Contact(s): Sorry I cannot comment on that. You will have to wait and see the movie when it comes out in 2005.

David (Binks): Were you in Indianapolis for Celebration 2?

Contact(s): Some of us were there. It was a totally amazing site to see. To see all the fans all in one big place. It was like a utopia, everyone there was there for the love they have for Star Wars. You could not of asked for such a better place than Indy to host the Celebration. As you probably already know Wizards has already looked into booking the Convention Center in 2005 for Celebration 3.

David (Binks): Yeah I know that and so does the rest of the world. So then you know all about the Indy Knights?

Contact(s): Yeah the Indy Knights. We have heard so much about that group. It was great that Indy had a local Star Wars groups that was so willing to help us out. I know that Phillip Wise contacted you to get ahold of the Indy Kn

2. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    WOW...most impressive! Great job David.

3. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Impressive...most impressive.

Dammit there go my chances of going spoiler free! LOL :p

Ah...who cares. I would have heard it eventually anyway. I can't ever wait.

PS: Isn't my new icon cool??? [face_devil]

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *jaw drops and calls David*

5. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    He made that stuff up.

I mean, seriously, who the hell speaks in astriks???

:)

Gregg

6. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, it's all bogus. In fact, I don't even think we have a "Boba Binks" in our group. Sounds like a silly sock name. Where's that board moderator to take care of such spurious comments? I mean, COME ON!

Oh, and I heard it from a *reliable* source that Kenny Baker will be playing Vader, not Hayden.

;)

7. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    HA! HA! You socks are not funny! You stink go throw yourselves in the laundry.

8. Lamerson

Lamerson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.