Earliest Super Bowl you remember watching?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    Include your age also I guess.

I'll be 20 in february, and I have very vague memories of the second Bills-Cowboys game.
  2. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    clear memories of the 1991 Super Bowl. one of the best was also the first one i remember watching.
  3. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't remember what year it was, but I believe it was the Packers and Broncos when Elway was still playing, that I clearly remember. I'm 20, btw.
  4. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Steelers V Cowboys. Parents went out to a party, and my sister and I were with a babysitter. I was like 5.
  5. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I remember the Broncos-Giants Super Bowl in January '87. I was 6.
  6. RealMadrid Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm 27. Super Bowl XX between the Bears and Patriots.
  7. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I know it was on every year when I was younger, but the first Superbowls I really paid attention to were the back to back 49er wins, which were played when I was 7 or 8.
  8. Knightstorme Jedi Knight

star 3

Thats the first one I remember.
  9. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Children. Isn't tit time to change your diapers?:p

I know I watched bits of IX and X (Steelers beating the Vikings and Cowboys, respectively), the first one i really watched from beginning to end was XI (Raiders vs Vikings).
  10. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Master

star 3
    Wait, who played first, Giants and Ravens, or Bucs and Raiders?
  11. Boomer_Athena Jedi Master

star 4
  12. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Giants/Ravens played first.

My first clear memory was the Broncos/Packers. Elway won it with the Broncos.
  13. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I remember watching Dolphins-Redskins & Dolphins-Vikings (that's VII and VIII). I think the first one I watched all the way through, though, was X, Steelers-Cowboys.
  14. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Super Bowl XIV - Pittsburgh Steelers/LA Rams - I was 9 at the time and didn't really care much about the game. It was on at somebody else's house and I just kind of started getting into it. Next year was Eagles/Raiders and I made a conscious effort to watch that one.
  15. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Given your user name, I'm assuming you mean the game in the late 90s, when Neil O'Donnel was the Cowboys MVP.

But, just so you know, that was the 3rd time they've met in the Super Bowl, specificity is a good thing.
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    The 'Skins/Bills Superbowl in 1992 was my first Superbowl. I'd followed the 'skins a bit beforehand but that Superbowl was really when I started paying massive attention to football and the 'skins in general. I was about 12, and the only reason I had watched in the first place was see New Kids on the Block play during halftime.[face_blush] Of course the halftime show got shoved at the end due to Gulf War coverage and I had to stay up and watch everything to see it. Now I'm glad, because I wouldn't be the football fan I am today.
  17. DAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm 32 and I'd say Bears vs Patriots in Superbowl 20.
  18. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Also worth mentioning that until the Giants-Bills, last second nail-biter (Norwood wide right), the first two Steelers-Cowboys matchups were considered the two best games. Actually the only two good games. Not only close results, but well-played by both teams.

Other than that, the Super Bowl sucked every year. One blowout after another, the few close games were only close because bothe teams played to bad. Even the second 49ers-Bengals game (late 80s) -- with the last minute drive by Motana -- was actually pretty boring, lots of mistakes, not to mention a nasty injury to a Bengals player that was as bad as the Theismann broken leg.
  19. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Giants v. Broncos. I remember nothing about the game...just that I saw part of it and the Broncos lost.
  20. Master_Jedi80 Jedi Master

star 3
    Me too. Im 27 and Super Bowl XX Bears/Pats
    Im from Boston, MA so this game was imprinted into my mind.
    This was the patriots first Superbowl appearence and they won three games on the road to make it to the superbowl.

Well, the patriots were able to "swish the fish" (dolphins)but they could not "bury the bears" as a childrens medium t-shirt i owned proclaimed they were destined to do.

Hahhaha, the game was awful from a patriots point of view, but they have made up for it in the last 5 years

Also, I seem to remeber "bud bowls" almost as good as some of the super bowls-haha
  21. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Pre-Colts arrival, I was a Dolphins fan...I had to look it up, but Super Bowl XIX was when Marino & the Dolphins lost. That's all I really remember, being upset that they lost. I would have been in 2nd or 3rd grade maybe...33 yrs old.
  22. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    That was the whipping by the 49ers, probably the best team in history. The year they actually had a very good running game, and their defense was at it's peak. Marino tried his best to bring them back, but it was hopeless -- mediocre D, no running game.
  23. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The first Superbowl that I remember watching was Superbowl XXIV. The 49ers crushed the Denver 55-10. I think the reason I remember it was b/c it was in New Orleans. I was 10 years old and didn't really watch sports much at the time. But looking back at the list of games, I remember watching every game since that Superbowl, but don't remember seeing any games before that one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.