main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Earliest Super Bowl you remember watching?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Include your age also I guess.

I'll be 20 in february, and I have very vague memories of the second Bills-Cowboys game.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    clear memories of the 1991 Super Bowl. one of the best was also the first one i remember watching.

3. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I don't remember what year it was, but I believe it was the Packers and Broncos when Elway was still playing, that I clearly remember. I'm 20, btw.

4. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Steelers V Cowboys. Parents went out to a party, and my sister and I were with a babysitter. I was like 5.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I remember the Broncos-Giants Super Bowl in January '87. I was 6.

6. RealMadrid

RealMadrid Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2005
    I'm 27. Super Bowl XX between the Bears and Patriots.

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I know it was on every year when I was younger, but the first Superbowls I really paid attention to were the back to back 49er wins, which were played when I was 7 or 8.

8. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003

Thats the first one I remember.

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Children. Isn't tit time to change your diapers?:p

I know I watched bits of IX and X (Steelers beating the Vikings and Cowboys, respectively), the first one i really watched from beginning to end was XI (Raiders vs Vikings).

10. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Wait, who played first, Giants and Ravens, or Bucs and Raiders?

11. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Giants and Ravens.

12. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Giants/Ravens played first.

My first clear memory was the Broncos/Packers. Elway won it with the Broncos.

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I remember watching Dolphins-Redskins & Dolphins-Vikings (that's VII and VIII). I think the first one I watched all the way through, though, was X, Steelers-Cowboys.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Super Bowl XIV - Pittsburgh Steelers/LA Rams - I was 9 at the time and didn't really care much about the game. It was on at somebody else's house and I just kind of started getting into it. Next year was Eagles/Raiders and I made a conscious effort to watch that one.

15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Given your user name, I'm assuming you mean the game in the late 90s, when Neil O'Donnel was the Cowboys MVP.

But, just so you know, that was the 3rd time they've met in the Super Bowl, specificity is a good thing.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The 'Skins/Bills Superbowl in 1992 was my first Superbowl. I'd followed the 'skins a bit beforehand but that Superbowl was really when I started paying massive attention to football and the 'skins in general. I was about 12, and the only reason I had watched in the first place was see New Kids on the Block play during halftime.[face_blush] Of course the halftime show got shoved at the end due to Gulf War coverage and I had to stay up and watch everything to see it. Now I'm glad, because I wouldn't be the football fan I am today.

17. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I'm 32 and I'd say Bears vs Patriots in Superbowl 20.

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Also worth mentioning that until the Giants-Bills, last second nail-biter (Norwood wide right), the first two Steelers-Cowboys matchups were considered the two best games. Actually the only two good games. Not only close results, but well-played by both teams.

Other than that, the Super Bowl sucked every year. One blowout after another, the few close games were only close because bothe teams played to bad. Even the second 49ers-Bengals game (late 80s) -- with the last minute drive by Motana -- was actually pretty boring, lots of mistakes, not to mention a nasty injury to a Bengals player that was as bad as the Theismann broken leg.

19. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Giants v. Broncos. I remember nothing about the game...just that I saw part of it and the Broncos lost.

20. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Me too. Im 27 and Super Bowl XX Bears/Pats
    Im from Boston, MA so this game was imprinted into my mind.
    This was the patriots first Superbowl appearence and they won three games on the road to make it to the superbowl.

Well, the patriots were able to "swish the fish" (dolphins)but they could not "bury the bears" as a childrens medium t-shirt i owned proclaimed they were destined to do.

Hahhaha, the game was awful from a patriots point of view, but they have made up for it in the last 5 years

Also, I seem to remeber "bud bowls" almost as good as some of the super bowls-haha

21. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Pre-Colts arrival, I was a Dolphins fan...I had to look it up, but Super Bowl XIX was when Marino & the Dolphins lost. That's all I really remember, being upset that they lost. I would have been in 2nd or 3rd grade maybe...33 yrs old.

22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That was the whipping by the 49ers, probably the best team in history. The year they actually had a very good running game, and their defense was at it's peak. Marino tried his best to bring them back, but it was hopeless -- mediocre D, no running game.

23. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    The first Superbowl that I remember watching was Superbowl XXIV. The 49ers crushed the Denver 55-10. I think the reason I remember it was b/c it was in New Orleans. I was 10 years old and didn't really watch sports much at the time. But looking back at the list of games, I remember watching every game since that Superbowl, but don't remember seeing any games before that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.