main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Early Buzz AOTC (minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by darthoscuridad, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthoscuridad

darthoscuridad Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002

Aqui una nota de Reuters que habla sobre la recepcion de AOTC sobre los criticos que ya la han visto.

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=entertainmentnews&StoryID=941490

Interesante notar que pareciera que hay mejor " feel" que para cuando Episode I.

2. darthoscuridad

darthoscuridad Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    more

El DVD SAvant de www.dvdtalk.com:

SPOILER-FREE Star Wars thoughts, immediately post-screening.:

Hello, Savant just got back from a press screening of Star Wars 2: Attack of the Clones, and had a good time, thank you very much. It has a lot going for it that #1 did not, mainly a story with some good forward motion. Things heat up nicely in this episode, with many threads that connect in interesting ways to the original Star Wars, oops, excuse me, A New Hope. My report will be brief because there are some nice surprises in the picture that you don't want to have spoiled.

The dialogue: embarassing, especially everything around the love story, which is the most perfunctory and least compelling part of the show. Elsewhere there are many, many more clunker lines of exposition, and what George Lucas thinks passes for 'character asides'. But Ewan MacGregor & Samuel L. Jackson have some really good moments. Yoda is a drag and then perks up - you'll be thrilled at what he does ..... Christopher Lee is sensational in a much bigger role than what he had in Lord of the Rings. The Annakin Skywalker character is the big fumble ... with some trite development that seems to be setting up a really weak character transformation. Natalie Portman is very good but can't survive her subplot or the terrible scenes with Annakin ... you could feel the audience squirm.

There was some clunky storytelling, with some very bad parallel plot meandering in the middle, but by the third act Attack had a fine old-time momentum going. Because I cared about what was happening, I had less time to get crochety about the effects, and even saw some nice things - fewer 'a million things happening at once' scenes, more dynamic angles and cuts, and some nice touches, like jerky-fast zooms into spaceships paralleling the camera, that almost reminded of the fun of Thunderbirds! Nice irregularities like that kept every shot from being storyboard-antiseptic. There were a number of scenes that seemed to be there to inspire video games (yet another asteroid field, a machine-stamping conveyor belt), but others had a nice sense of urgency and even depth, such as a return to The Searchers allusion-territory on Tatooine. And finally, after missing Boba Fett for two episodes, the way he and his father are worked into the story is very exciting - love that character. Still too crowded with CGI alien characters (except for a terrific stellar trio of monsters in an arena), but this one really pulls some good crowdpleasing surprises. I think it will be big. GE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.