main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Early Draft: The Shadow Empire

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TIEDefenderPilot, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEDefenderPilot

TIEDefenderPilot Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2003
    This is the very beginning of my first ever fan fiction. Please tell me what you think, I have lots more hand written and jsut need motivation to type it.

Star Wars: The Shadow Empire

?Moff Trosk?? A quiet voice rang out from the port crewpit, over the background bridge, ?I?ve just received a transmission from the Repressor, sir; Captain Narumar reports that they are in position as per your orders, and are awaiting further instructions.?

The communications officer?s words echoed for a moment, disrupting the silence of a crewpit in preparation for battle. The comn officer?s words easily fell upon the ear of Moff Rmus Trosk where he stood at the very bow of the bridge, drinking in the view of space before him. The bridges of Imperial-class Star Destroyers were famous for their massive viewports, with their giant triangular shapes giving off the impression of the closed teeth of some large predator; Moff Trosk?s flagship, the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Benevolence?s bridge offered the same spectacular view. Trosk continued gazing out into space while the comn officer continued to wait patiently for a reply, which made a small smile play upon the Moff?s lips. Trosk was proud to see such obedience and training displayed in a bridge officer, but he decided not to try the young man?s patience; after all, the entire crew of the Benevolence was anticipating the battle that was ahead. Plus, Trosk thought to himself, there?s nothing to watch out here in this black expanse. ?Send a transmission to the Repressor, and tell Captain Narumar to keep the Repressor prepared for combat; we?ll be going to lightspeed shortly.?

The communications officer nodded and got back to work at his station, leaving Trosk alone in his thoughts once more. The benevolence hung on the very edge of a solar system known only by the unimaginative number designation of TX-8041. TX-8041 was one of the furthest out systems in the entire Qualerin sector, and just like the name implied, TX-8041 was one of the sector?s least important systems. The system consisted of a half-dozen inhospitable planets, five of them bereft of any resources worth extracting, and the fifth planet in the system was home only to a small mining colony that excavated the dolovite within. A single diffuse dwarf star provided the basis for the entire system, and it too shared in the system?s obscurity. No longer, Trosk thought with a carefully guarded smile, today TX-8041 will serve as a starting point for a glorious victory for the Empire. Past the bridge viewports shot a quartet of TIE Starfighters, moving past the transparisteel viewports at full speed, and Trosk could not help but watch the nimble fighters as they went by; standard patrol, he thought to himself, and they?ll be recalled before we head into hyperspace.

A quiet set of footsteps caught Trosk?s attention, and he realized that he had been so concerned with the passing TIE fighters that he had been oblivious for the most part of Captain Mirrin?s approach. Must be more observant, Trosk as he turned around to face his subordinate, one of these days those footsteps might belong to a Rebel agent. ?Captain Mirrin, is my flagship ready??

The shorter man who served as captain of the Benevolence offered a sharp, military salute. ?The Benevolence is fully at your command, Your Excellency.?

Trosk smiled. ?Excellent, then we shall depart at once. Recall our sentry TIEs, and prepare for a hyperspace jump to the coordinates Intelligence has supplied us with. Once we pull out of lightspeed, I want our TIE Interceptors launched first to engage the Rebel fighter opposition, followed by our TIE Starfighters; I want the TIE Bombers launched last, to engage heavier targets.?

Captain Mirrin nodded as he drank in the details, and proceeded to turn to give orders to his crew. Suddenly, he turned back to Trosk. ?What orders should we be transmitting to the Repressor??

Mirrin?s question inadvertently caused Trosk to look back out the portside viewports, where there the Interdictor Cruiser Repressor held its posit

2. General_Karrde

General_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    Nicely done TIEDefenderPilot!

You have a nice back story and a developing plot. Your on the road to success!
    My only complaint is that your ship names are not in italics. It's only minor and I guess that I'm just too used to everyone doing it.

3. notastarwarsfreak204

notastarwarsfreak204 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    nice! -i didnt really read it but thought you would like a compliment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.