main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Early stories!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ascaaear, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ascaaear

Ascaaear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I once heard that when Lucas made ep. 4,5 and 6 he also wrote of what happened before 4.5 and 6 to make it easyer to make the movies. Is there any truth in this? Does these stories exist anywhere? I just wonder how the prequels actualyl would be like considered that Obi-Wan was supposed to be Luke`s father.

---
    Ascaaear
    "May the fork be with you"

2. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
  3. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    I agree with D.

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Obi-Wan was never supposed to be Luke's father. The back story that Lucas had for the OT was mostly stuff that we do see in the PT. Some details may have been altered or left out.

Boba Fett?
    Boba Fett?
    Where?

/LM

5. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    just about the only 'backstory' Gl had for I, II, and III was probably thought up some time after STAR WARS was released on home video and some how became EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE, at which point a back story became relevent, besides the time between the two movies gave him a chance to reflect on the tattered remains of the origional star wars screenplay, almost none of which made it past the first day of shooting...

...but as far as backstory goes by the time ANH started merhcandising, and ESB hit preproduction he knew...

Vader was Anakin, Anakin was Luke's father, and Luke had a sister somewhere out in the cosmos that he had never met, who would battle the emporer to the death, in a brother sister duel against palps, who of course had no name, in the imperial forest moon around imperial planet, from the top of a giant tower..

..about the only PT details he seemed to have worked out were VADER = ANAKIN, ANAKIN = LUKE'S DAD, and OBIWON AND VADER WERE COMRADES WHO FOUGHT TO THE DEATH AND FELL INTO A LAVA PIT,
    that's why the last 40 minutes of ROTS are so *wow* because everyone's been waiting for the obi vs vader lava pit dule for 20 years[face_laugh]

I'm a strong believer that when Lucus refers to his "master plan" for the entire 10 episode triology, he was kind of full of it, I mean each film was improvised more or less, and virtually all the details kept changing right down to the last minute where they lock down the film, and announce the finished product..
    ..too much is clearly 'made up on the fly' for him to have had any kind of '[master plan'

6. lord_VaDER-_-

lord_VaDER-_- Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    actually lucas said in an interveiw that as he made episodes 4,5 and 6 he also wrote a backstory just to make it easier 4 him to understand the story.

i dont think he wrote them into actual episodes untuil it was time to do episode 1

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    As a point of reference, the Annotated Screenplays have some very interesting information about what the backstory was originally going to be like. If your library has the book, I'd highly reccomend it. :)

8. Ascaaear

Jun 23, 2005
    As far as I know, this is the story that every sw fan know. At least all sw fan I know, heard about this.
    Under production of the scene where Darth Vader meet Luke Skywalker, the actor who played Vader had a dialog where he said: "Luke, Obi-Wan is your father". And after Luke scream: "Noooooooooooooooooo". This was supposed to be dubbed anyway by James Earl Jones, but as the rumor of who the father of Luke was were spread so fast, Lucas secretly changed this in the last minute and had James Earl Jones say: "Luke, I am your father" instead. And the rest is history...

9. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I thought it was "Obi-Wan killed your father" but other than that that's what i'd heard too.

Also, Hamill, Lucas and Jones were the only people who knew.

10. Ascaaear

Jun 23, 2005
    Yeah, I found out the same just a couple of minutes ago... sorry all guys. I was wrong! hehe.

---
    Ascaaear
    "May the work be with you"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.