main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Early Tickets Sales and Precausions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    how much heads up? I'll need to schedule off work if I am to be our groups line-sit-ee.

2. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    The manager didn't say, but I'll let you know when I find out!

3. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Hopefully ticket sales won't start until after Wednesday May 1 (my very last final, EVER!) After that I can pretty much line up and help get tickets anytime.

4. jedi_luc

jedi_luc Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey folks I plan on being in line too. And I'm sure there is a ticket limit. I know that I've got three spoken for on my end. So, I'm willing to help here as well.

5. scott1701

scott1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I spoke with someone at Showcase Springdale earlier this week. At that time, they knew nothing about showtimes, ticket sales, or if they would get it in DLP. Remember, there are three competing DLP systems on the market right now and Lucas may only choose one of them to work with. I have no inside info on this, but it is possible.

6. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Hi Scott, welcome to the Queencity Force Forum!

As for tickets folks, I'm hoping to hear the word tomorrow of tomorrow. We'll also be making more of an annoucement about what we're planning for the Queencity Force for the Opening of ATOC.

I promise you as soon as I hear something, it's as good as from my ears to your eyes. *smiles* It's the best I can do for now!

Thanks all!

7. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    I've been monitoring the Ticket threads in the Non-Spoiler and Spoiler forums all this morning (I've got nothing better to do until my final exam tonight ... study? Yeah right! :D). It does appear, with 99.9% certainty, that Friday May 3 will in fact be the day. Reports are coming in that some theaters are taking credit card reservations for tickets. I assume the theaters will start charging them on Friday. No info though on the time ticket sales start, or how many you can purchase at a time, or times for showings (*crossing fingers for midnight showing*) I'm thinking this would be a good time the people who are going to Celebration II to reiterate their ticket needs for us people who will be waiting in lines to get them. Assuming the ticket limit of 12, from TPM, holds true for AOTC, I will have space for 4 more tickets after I buy my 8. I hope to be able to call Springdale and see what their status is later this afternoon.

Just to recap. It DOES look more and more like May 3 is the day for tickets.

8. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    I only need one ticket for myself, so if there is a limit of 12, I can get 11. But who really knows what's really even going on. Hopefully we'll finally know tomorrow.

9. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Stew, I'll check on this today. Theatres are being given three days notice. In those three days, theatres will be booking thier prints and setting up schedules. So if the Theatres don't know by today, then its not May 3. Also, I posted this in another thread, AMC in Newport is NOT planning on limiting ticket sales. And will most likely be running 4 midnight shows, though they can't say for sure until they've booked thier prints. I'll update everyone as soon as I hear something.

10. DarkKnightVauhn

Apr 21, 2002
    Just saw this on the Fan Force site:

Advance Ticket Sales Update
    Wed, May 01, 02 03:33:15 PM EDT

Very Dangerous Doug sends this:

Just got off the phone with the manager of AMC 24 theatres in ********* at (3:02pm EST) and they confirmed that upper management has sent them an email TODAY to all theaters ( carrying the film ) that they can start selling tickets for episode 2 as early as 10AM Friday Morning at the AMC 24 location. They will announce tommorow what show times will be available starting May 16th.
    I followed up with a quick call to Lucasfilm Public Relations at (3:12pm EST) and they confirmed that Thursday 5-2-02 that FOX will announce which theatres around the country will be granted the copies of the movie.

It seems that every theater has a different story on this, so you might want to check your local theater before camping out. But this is the story we're hearing most frequently.

Looks like its going to be a long weekend!!

11. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok...here we are. Tickets are going on sale, and we don't have any sort of plan together as to who needs what and how many. I just wish that stupid Fox could have released some bettter information earlier on.

12. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    This is just AMC theaters, we're heading to Springdale Showcase. This is only one theater chain. I keep hearing that different chains are selling at differen times. I tried to get others together for tickets, and nadda. We'll have tickets for those who are going to the party. In that I am not worried.

If tickets go on sale during then we have hope that our manager at Showcase is keeping up his end of the deal.

Thanks guys!
    I'm off to pack! See you Monday!

Lotus!

13. DarkKnightVauhn

Apr 21, 2002
    Just a quick update, the Friday presales have been autorized for AMC, Lowes, and one other Theatre chain. National Amusements date has not been released. For those heading to Newport on the Levee, If there are any. Tickets go on sale Friday morning at 9am. Again this is just AMC, and not Showcase in Springdale.

14. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    In the event that there is a midnight showing at Newport, sign me up for 2 tickets whoever is not at C2. I'll pay you when i get back...if i have any money left :D (just kidding, i'm limiting my spending...at least a little)

15. jedi_luc

Nov 17, 2000
    Well, I was all psyched to stand in line and do whatever it takes. But, as much as I love this movie and it's coming out. Since I will be in Gatlinburg all next week. That I'll just wait until a couple days after it opens to go see it. If there is no solid info that tickets are going on sale Friday at Showcase in Springdale. That's what I'll have to do.

I'm just not up for messing with trying to figure out who the heck is doing what with tickets.

16. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    I'll be outside Showcase Springdale tomorrow morning if I haven't heard anything definite, just to be on the safe side.

17. jedi_luc

Nov 17, 2000
    what time will you be there darth?

I was thinking of being up there about 6 a.m. Bonus for me is I only live 5 mins away.

18. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    I would go to springdale, too, just to be sure....but seeing as how I'm down here in KY, and also the fact that my car is sick, driving all the way up there possibly for nothing isn't such a good idea. I will be upthere if they for sure go on sale next week, though. If I need to be in line. I'm still confused about that.

19. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    AMC will have a 12:01am show on Thursday morning May 16 and tickets do on sale at 9am on Friday May 3. They can also be purchased online at www.movietickets.com or by calling (859)261-8100.

20. jedi_luc

Nov 17, 2000
    I e-mailed National Amusements today 5/2 and received this response at 2:50 pm.

"We have not yet determined bookings, showtimes or performance policies for Star Wars Episode II. Details will be posted on our website and emailed to our subscribers as soon as they become available. Thank you for your interest."

Take that for what it's worth!

21. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey, I only live 5 minutes away from Springdale too jedi_luc! Cool. I was thinking of being up there around 6am, but more likely 7-ish. I haven't really decided yet. It depends on how many other people are up there with me that early. I'm not sure what to think about the way Showcase Springdale is handling the whole ticket thing. Either they're way behind the ball and have no idea what in the world is going on, or they just don't like us Star Wars fans
    hanging around lining up for tickets.

22. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    From an inside source...

Ticket sales will not happen for Showcase Springdale before Monday the 6th at the earliest. This is from a reliable source who is involved in the Premier Party Event we are planning.

The ticket price for the Premier Party is currently $25.00. If we all buy tickets on Monday, the price of the party will be $15.00 per person.

23. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Just caught this little tidbit over at another forum.

My local National Amusements theatre just told me they plan on selling them starting Tuesday.

I wonder if this is true, or a ploy to keep us away from the theater tomorrow. Also, I wonder if this is true, will it be true for all National Amusements? Safest thing to do is show up tomorrow morning and see what happens. Then show up on Monday or Tuesday or whenever the supposed date for sales starts.

24. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Okay, thanks Recruiter. This is the first solid info about Springdale that I've heard so far. It's nice to know it's from a reliable source too. Anyway, I still may drive by Springdale tomorrow just in case (just to ease my mind :D). At the very least to see how many people did end up lining up tomorrow morning. It'll still feel weird to know that a lot of people around the U.S. will already have tickets and we won't. Did this source say whether or not they will get a digital copy or have a midnight show? Obviously they must know that they are getting at least one print if they plan to sell tickets next week.

25. DarkKnightVauhn

Apr 21, 2002
    Here is what I have on the National Amusements situation. This came from an extremly reliable source. Springdale will be getting on digital print of the movie, and one standard print. The standard print is for BACKUP purposes only. What does this mean? It means that Springdale can only show Star Wars in thier one house with a Digital projector. So basically there will be substantially less shows throughout the day. As far as presale dates, etc. I have not heard anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.