main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Early Tickets Sales and Precausions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Springdale will be the only National Amusements theatre around here and will only have 1 digital print. Great Escape 14 will have one print and AMC Newport on the Levee will have 4 prints. That is the final word from technicolor.

So buy your tickets know because the will be selling out for a few weeks in a row due to limited showings.

2. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I stopped by Showcase Springdale about 7:30am, and nobody was in line. I stayed in my car until about 8:30am and then went home. I came back at 10:00am and it there was a large crowd inside, for Spiderman. About 3 minutes into my wait in the ticket line, a guy announced that NO Star Wars tickets would be on sale today (Friday). He said to come back Monday. Whether that means tickets for Springdale will actually go on sale Monday or if that is just to get the Star Wars people to leave, I have no idea. Thought you guys would like to know. It sucks that Springdale is the only National Amusements theater around here to get a print, and only one at that. Almost everything around here is National Amusements. It's going to be sold out forever. I guess I'm going to have to buy that many more tickets for myself when they go on sale.

3. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    I've got another Springdale update for everyone ...

I called there earlier this afternoon to see if I could get more information about Monday. The guy I talked to was fairly nice and forthcoming with information (for a change). He said call back Monday, and they would have all the information then. He did verify that they will only be getting the one digital print. Looks like Springdale is finally getting their act together.

4. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Call back Monday, eh? Then that possibly means tickets go on sale as early as Tuesday, then. I hope that's the case. I take my car to be looked at on Monday. I would hate to miss out.

5. jedi_luc

jedi_luc Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    Well, I decided late last night not to show up this morning. I just figured nothing definitive had been put out if tickets were on sale or not.

But, I did go see Spider-Man. It was pretty good.

6. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    We heard AMC went on sale Friday and Showcase is on Monday. I'm hoping I can go tomorrow morning for Showcase, if not, can someone buy two tickets, and I'll put money in your hand when I see you.

7. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I was going to buy tickets at AMC after the 1:00am shoing of SPider-Man friday night, but they had no chas drawers in when the movie let out. I guess I'll get it tomorrow or Tuesday.

8. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Don't worry Lotus. If you aren't there, I will get you a couple of tickets. What time did you plan on showing up if you were going? I'll probably be up there close to 10:00am when the box office opens.

9. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    are we possitive they go on sale today????

i guess we'll find out.

10. sinsation

sinsation Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    No we are not positive. I spoke with someone at showcase springdale at 8:30 this morning, and he said they would know nothing until this afternoon, and that tickets would not go on sale today. I'm going to call back soon to verify this.

11. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Well......it might be a good idea to assume they go on sale tomorrow. What all is needed of the people, like myself, who will be able to line up?

12. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Sinsation,
    Thanks you for updating this. Our guy helping us with our party told us the Manager told him Monday. That was before we left for C2. So, hopefully we'll get a final answer. Thank you for doing all the checking in on this. I appreicate your dedication and letting us all know. I lost my voice, and can't talk on the phone. I sound like a mouse trying to place a phone call! :)

I'm going to have Imps call our guy and find out what exactly is going on. I'm curious now after he told us something that was valid.

Lotus

13. sinsation

Dec 12, 2000
    I just called Showcase Springdale (again), since this afternoon is when they had said they'd know for sure when tickets would go on sale... and now the official word is "call back tomorrow". [face_plain]

They are, from what I was told, "waiting to hear something", and that something *could* come as early as this evening, but I'm banking on tomorrow, if not later in the week.

If I had to venture a guess at this point, I'd say Thursday is the day they'll start selling tickets (one week before the opening, just like presales for TPM), but like I said above, nobody knows anything for certain about anything as of 3:45pm EST.

14. JDSage

JDSage Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Springdale is always a Pain in the A*S*S!!

15. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Hahaha! [face_laugh]

Hey Kasee, thanks for saying it for me. I'd hate to jinx me getting advance tickets for us.

P.S. Everyone, let me introduce my sister ... JDSage

16. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    I just called Showcase Springdale, and I got the same runaround I've been getting for awhile now.

"Call again on Tuesday or Wednesday. We MIGHT know something then."

I can't take it anymore!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

17. sinsation

Dec 12, 2000
    Yep, I got the same thing when I called a little less than an hour ago.

"Nope, nothing yet. Try back tomorrow, and if we don't have anything tomorrow, we'll tell you to call back the next day, ok?"

No, not ok. :( I want my tickets. [face_plain]

18. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I talked to my source today about National Amusements, and was told that thier situation with Fox has worsened. I don't know exactly what he means, and he admitted that he didn't fully trust this information, but he said "They MIGHT get a digital copy, they don't know yet."
    However he did reassure me that they will not be getting any other copy, unless the hand of god steps in. I also know that Lucas is not hungup on it being ran in digital theatres. I can explain more on this later.
    As always I'll try to nose around and get more information tomorrow.

~Vauhn

19. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, to put it quite succintly, that SUCKS!!! "Might" get a copy? Ugh. Looks like I "might" have to drive up to Dayton and catch the movie up at the Regal Cinemas up there. I had this same stupid problem when "The X-Files" came out.

20. DarthStew

Mar 26, 2002
    Oh man, this is NOT good. I can understand 20th Century Fox being angry at theater chains for not honoring contracts and the such, but to punish the theaters by witholding Episode II altogether is just absurd, because it just ends up hurting the fans more than the theaters. Especially with a digital projector at Springdale. Do they not realize that 95% of the theaters in Cincinnati are National Amusements? If none of the National Amusements end up getting Episode II, including Springdale, then so much for seeing it opening weekend. I wish they would have at least let us know for sure a long time ago instead of giving us the runaround. I would have gone down to the AMC Newport on the Levee to get midnight showing tickets. But now, like I said earlier, it's too late now to do even that. AMC Newport probably has sold out the first day or two already. I'm going to try and not let this entire fiasco detract from the pleasure I will enjoy while viewing AOTC wherever and whenever I get to see it. Hopefully in 2005, National Amusements and Showcase Springdale get their act together. That's my rant for now. I've got so much more to say, but I'll save it for another time.

Anger, Fear, and Aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

21. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, I think it's official. National Amusements is not going to get a print. All this running around and lack of information should confirm it. You can't buy a ticket for E2 online at National Amusements. Thus, off to another chain. Oh well. Midnight showing isn't everything, right?

22. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    While inherently, my drive to maintain hope is starting to ebb, I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed. Perhaps the fan gods will be with us and smile upon our pathetic hopeful selves and make this whole infuriating thing better.

After going to C II and having such a great time, I really want to see AOTC in Digital on opening night with a Lazer Web party and the works. My wish is to... OH, but that would mean my wish wouldn't happen if I told. ;)

While I'm still thinking about it...

Hi, JDSage! Welcome to the boards!

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, if that's the case, thank you Lucasfilm and National amusements for ******G all Cincinnati fans like that, it's really unfair!

24. JDSage

JDSage Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    ImperialRecruiter,
    Thanks! I've posted on the board before but not really on this part. I mostly go on the spoiler page! As my brother keeps telling me ..I'm too spoiled! ;)

25. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Well...this just proves my theory that georgie-poo hates the fans. If Springdale indeed doesn't work out, I might have an idea involving a small theatre in Indiana. The downsides being it isn't the most advanced theatre in the world, and its going to be a good drive for most of you. I guess we'll wait and see, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.