main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also had that problem with a picture of mine recently. It was also to big for the scaner and NOT even the copy shops were able to help me out. The canvas just had a very inconventient format.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that's just beautiful! =D= For some reason the horses seem to have an almost unicorn-type of magical charm--I don't know if it's how you painted them here, or their interactions with Obi Wan... Just beautiful! Lovely shading and depth, lovely catchlights in everyone's eyes! So, so pretty!

FF

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'll second FalconFan's love for the horses. They have come out absolutley beautiful.=D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Just beautiful, as before (sometimes the changes are so subtle it's difficult to pick them out! ;) )--I love the idea of Obi Wan teaching Anakin about "the love of animals;" it makes perfect sense that the master would wish to pass on his own fondness for them! :D

FF

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Seeing Obi-wan with horses made me happy because I like seeing characters interact with civilians (in this case the horse).

Plus, it's a painting of Obi-wan with horses with background and everything (referring to multiple pictures...) ^^

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kecen thanks for viewing my pictures

I have updated this one

Kaagi and son

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    The sculptures are wonderful! Are they done in wax or some type of clay...? So much detail, and so beautifully painted, too--you really have an eye for this animal, in 3 dimensions as well as two! ;) The Kaagi/son piece is wonderful--such rich coloring, and such a wonderful mood. Again--the environment is just sumptuous and adds so much to the piece. Gorgeous work!

FF

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan, the dark brown horse is clay with oilpainting, the horse next to it is clay with glazing, the horsehead is clay with oil, the white horse is paper mashed on a frame of wire iron and painted with oils and the sculpture on the botton is wood. and the little one is calcite

A nice sunny day and I could finish all my paintings with some varnish. It brightens the colours and can be seen on first post

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, beautiful! I love the mood in the latest pic. It's so peaceful! =D=

And Obi with the horses.... [face_love] I love the way you draw horses! And your sculptures of them are awesome, too! =D=

Very well done! =D=

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :confused:
    :oops:

How in the world did I miss the Indiana Jones painting...?! That one is awesome (the reflection is beautifully done! =D=)! He's out on another artifact-finding mission, and with yet another beauty under his arm! lol! ;) Great job with that one! And the sculptures are indeed brighter, and shiny! Lovely work (...is there a media you don't work in...? ;) )!

FF

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    My Qui-Gon "ghost" is updated again and I have added an Indiana Jones puppet and some of my needlework to my site.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    What a wonderful idea for the Qui Gon/Obi Wan painting: Qui Gon's presence hovering just above the meditating Obi Wan is just how I imagined it, when Master Yoda told Obi Wan this was possible! "Communing" with his old Master...it must have been a great comfort to Obi Wan, in his solitude on Tatooine... Lovely--and the colors are going to work very well for the "Force ghost" effect, too!

FF

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think Obi-Wan meditating with Qui-Gon's spirit looking down on him is a great image. I look forward to seeing how it shapes up as you add more colour, because that can change and image more than you think. It's really quite moody at this stage, with so much black dominating the picture, but I rather like that.

Obi-Wan with baby Luke is a nice drawing. Were you thinking of adding Tatooine's twin suns in the background?

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for the review and I have updated it again. It will remain dark and only a few touches of light and interior of the hovel will be added. He just has found it as is evident in my fic may it be

Obi-Wan with baby Luke will become an oil painting with them in the desert.

Qui-Gon contacts Obi-Wan on Tatooine

Some of my other pictures are updated again (nice :)weather) All are on the first post.

Obi-Wan Nauran and Nephril

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    The Obi Wan/Qui-Gon piece is shaping up beautifully! And I didn't see the Obi Wan/Baby Luke drawing before--it's just wonderful! I always thought it would be a difficult thing, for the Jedi Master to let go of his last connection to what was good in Anakin (giving Luke up to Beru and Owen)--this piece seems to convey that feeling. I think it's going to make a wonderful painting!

FF

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like the way little Luke does snuggle so trustfully against Obi. There is so much love & peace in that picture.

Also the second one speaks of love & peace, but in a different way. This is a strong connection that Qui-Gon & his former padawan still share. The serenity on their faces does remind me of the Dalai Lama who recently did visit Germany.

But it also makes me remember the De Levenstuinen van het groot Hontschoten near Deventer/ NL:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Levenstuinen%20NL/DeLevenstuinenvanhetgrootHontsch-81.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Levenstuinen%20NL/DeLevenstuinenvanhetgrootHontsch-91.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Levenstuinen%20NL/DeLevenstuinenvanhetgrootHontsch-71.jpg]

You display a lot of the balance and calm atmospheare of those gardens... you are a great artist!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I just love the new Obi Wan/Luke painting! [face_love] I agree with Azure, too: it's so sweet the way tiny Luke clings to Obi Wan's robes, and the warmth of the embrace is just amazing to see! Beautiful emotion there--and in the Qui-Gon/Obi Wan piece (which is coming along so beautifully!); this is still, easily, one of my favorites you've done: the feeling, the atmosphere, the colors and execution are all wonderful! Great work!

FF

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006