main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that looks so amazing!!

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Excellent! With the fanfic wrapping up this week, this cover art will make a great addition to the thread once its complete. :)

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like

"Obi-Wan and crèchemaster Rian"

a big deal. It shows once more how many kind and gentle emotions you can place in a painting of your´s.

In

"Luke, Mara Jade and twins"

everybody is also very smiley and happy, despite the dark clouds of the future that gather.

Great up-dates! Thanks for sharing!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great paintings!

Again, the Skywalker family portrait is coming along nicely. Nice variety and expression in the two girls. The only bit of advice I would give here is aimed at Luke. He appears to be getting a bit chubby in the face. I would suggest trimming down the outer contour of his face(on the left side) a bit to give his jawline some more definition.

I'm also enjoying the painting of Obi-Wan. Rian reminds me a lot of Obi himself at an older age. ;)

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    great work with the paints! I always have a hard time painting people, scenery I can do but people I always have a hard time. keep up the good work!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    NYCitugurl
    Jedi_Liz Excellent! With the fanfic wrapping up this week, this cover art will make a great addition to the thread once its complete.

AzureAngel2 I like "Obi-Wan and crèchemaster Rian" a big deal. It shows once more how many kind and gentle emotions you can place in a painting of your´s.
    In "Luke, Mara Jade and twins" everybody is also very smiley and happy, despite the dark clouds of the future that gather.
    Great up-dates! Thanks for sharing!

HanSolo29 Great paintings!

Again, the Skywalker family portrait is coming along nicely. Nice variety and expression in the two girls. The only bit of advice I would give here is aimed at Luke. He appears to be getting a bit chubby in the face. I would suggest trimming down the outer contour of his face(on the left side) a bit to give his jawline some more definition.

I'm also enjoying the painting of Obi-Wan. Rian reminds me a lot of Obi himself at an older age.

TheOnlyJediPrincess
    great work with the paints! I always have a hard time painting people, scenery I can do but people I always have a hard time. keep up the good work!

Thanks all for your kind words.

The Luke, Mara and Twins picture is complete

Luke, Mara and twins, the Parent Trap

The Obi-Wan and crèchemaster picture is still a WIP
    Obi-Wan and master Rian

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, wow -- this is SO FABULOUS!! THanks you so much [:D]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks giving me this opportunity to paint Luke and Mara.

A new update for my picture is Obi-Wan and Rian

9. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi, I saw your Obi-Wan comforting Siri in the february challenge thread. You are so talented with oils, I especially love the way you do shading on clothing - it looks so real! You got Obi-Wan's likeness spot on too. Your paintings with horses in are also lovely, and that horse sculpture is a real masterpiece.

Keep up the good work :)

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for showing us how your paintings come to life!

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello again my friend! The "Parent Trap" cover painting came out beautifully--I love the looks on the girls' faces (which is just how the crafty little Jedi would look, methinks! :D ), and Luke and Mara are wonderful! Obi Wan and Rian had me giggling pretty good: what's up with Obi Wan's expression? He looks utterly shocked here, as though he's learned or seen something that he can't quite believe... Terrific expression (I don't think I've ever seen this face even on Ewan MacGregor, so awesome work pulling that off! =D=--and Rian looks almost Cheshire-cat-ish, here...as though he's "pulled a fast one" on the Jedi Master! LOL! Great mood in this piece! Wonderful work, as always!

FF

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Glitbiter Hi, I saw your Obi-Wan comforting Siri in the february challenge thread. You are so talented with oils, I especially love the way you do shading on clothing - it looks so real! You got Obi-Wan's likeness spot on too. Your paintings with horses in are also lovely, and that horse sculpture is a real masterpiece.

Keep up the good work

Thanks Glitbiter and your art is also lovely.

AzureAngel2 Thanks for showing us how your paintings come to life!

Thanks and it is nice to show the different stages of an oil-painting.

Thanks FalconFan and Obi-Wan has reason to look shocked (I got the reference pic from ROTS at the end of the Mustafar duel) In my fic Boz Pity aftermath he reveals to master Rian what he has seen in his search for Asajj Ventress. Master Rian is one of Obi-Wan's crèchemasters.

Here is the next update to that picture.

Obi-Wan and crèchemaster Rian

13. ART2-D2

ART2-D2 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 17, 2007
    Love the painting you capture Obiwan's expression spot on.
    Keep it up.[face_dancing]

14. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    I love seeing your WIP's, Obi with crechemaster Rian is coming along really well. And the look on Obi-Wan's face [face_laugh] Priceless!

Checked out some more of your work, that Indiana Jones piece is stunning!~:D All that detail, and those lovely colours [face_love]

Keep it up!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    ART2-D2 Love the painting you capture Obiwan's expression spot on.
    Keep it up. [face_dancing]

Thanks for you kind comments.

Obi-Wan and crèchemaster Rian is now finished

And a new picture is on the site baby Obi-Wan with Qui-Gon just arrived in the Jeditemple

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Obi Wan and Master Rian is wonderful! Such great expressions! And **melt** at Qui Gon with baby Obi Wan! [face_love] A beautiful likeness of Qui Gon, and the baby is darling! Lovely!

FF

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Great job! The one with Obi-Wan as a baby is sweet!

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Wonderful work as always! And I just adore the one with Quigon and baby Obi, dangerously cute.

19. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Awwww! Baby Obi-Wan is so sweet [face_love] Beautiful likeness with Qui-Gon as well, I love his eyes, they look so deep and thoughtful. He looks a little sad, as if he's reflecting...?

Love this one, can't wait to see it finished!~:D

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan Obi Wan and Master Rian is wonderful! Such great expressions! And **melt** at Qui Gon with baby Obi Wan! [face_love] A beautiful likeness of Qui Gon, and the baby is darling! Lovely!

FF

TheOnlyJediPrincess Great job! The one with Obi-Wan as a baby is sweet!

Mitth_Fisto Wonderful work as always! And I just adore the one with Quigon and baby Obi, dangerously cute.

Thanks [:D] Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are just so lovely to paint and someone must have found Obi-Wan

Here is the next update almost finished Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, just arrived in the Jeditemple

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This is so utterly beautiful. DU also had to sniff into his handkerchief. Daar moet ik echt huilen omdat het zo uitstekkend mooi is, hoor!

22. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    It's coming along nicely :) The shadows and highlights really give Qui-Gon's face depth - he looks so real! :eek: It looks amazing - I eagerly await the finished piece!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 This is so utterly beautiful. DU also had to sniff into his handkerchief. Daar moet ik echt huilen omdat het zo uitstekkend mooi is, hoor!

Thanks all and now Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is finished and here it is (also on post 1)

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon just arriving in the crèche

Luke on Tatooine is a new one in a new medium for me: acryllic paint

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, Qui Gon and baby Obi Wan is just beautiful! =D= The likeness to Liam Neeson is gorgeous, as is the light (always such a pretty aspect of your work!), and the mood is so tender and sweet! Lovely! Luke on Tatooine is very nice too--how do you like working in a new medium? I always have a dreadful time learning new media and techniques--this painting looks like you had no trouble at all! :D

FF

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Acrylic paint is a fast medium and I have done a second one in it: A Naboo fighter. It is good for making scetches and giving movement to a picture

Naboo fighter

And the two oil paintings were dry and could be scanned once more.

Qui-Gon with baby Obi-Wan