main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    I see you're breaking into a new medium, effortlessly it seems :) I love the Naboo Fighter, you've captured the sleekness of it while still keeping it looking realistic. Your work always has so much energy, I think it's wonderful! :D

And it's great to see Qui-Gon and baby Obi-Wan finished! A gorgeous painting, definitely my favourite of yours.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As you allready know from me: I like acyllic paint very much.

Gorgeous job that you have done on the Luke scene.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The acrylic paintings are so cool!! And the one with Qui-Gon and baby Obi-Wan is absolutely gorgeous and so sweet [face_love]

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I couldn't get the oil paintings to load, so can't comment on those--but the Naboo fighter looks wonderful! I agree there's a wonderful sense of movement to it, and I love the way you did the planet below: the glow of atmosphere is just how it looks from orbit! =D= Very pretty work (and I agree with Glitbiter: you're taking to the acrylics quite effortlessly!)!

FF

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Glitbiter I see you're breaking into a new medium, effortlessly it seems I love the Naboo Fighter, you've captured the sleekness of it while still keeping it looking realistic. Your work always has so much energy, I think it's wonderful!

And it's great to see Qui-Gon and baby Obi-Wan finished! A gorgeous painting, definitely my favourite of yours.

AzureAngel2 As you allready know from me: I like acyllic paint very much.

Gorgeous job that you have done on the Luke scene.

NYCitygurl The acrylic paintings are so cool!! And the one with Qui-Gon and baby Obi-Wan is absolutely gorgeous and so sweet

Thanks all for the kind words and here is another acrylic painting

Biggs Darklighter

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice! You captured him all resplendent in his Academy uniform and cape, too! A very good likeness--you're really liking the acrylics, aren't you? :D

FF

7. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Ahh Biggs, a great character that doesn't get that much attention. I have to agree with FF. his uniform and cape look great.

8. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Ah, Biggs! We don't see too much of him, which is a shame. Great job on the acrylics again; I really think you captured his character in his stance, and as the others said, the uniform and cloak are looking fantastic! :D The cloak especially looks very realistic, and has a lot of depth to it with the blue highlights.

Great job! :D

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan Very nice! You captured him all resplendent in his Academy uniform and cape, too! A very good likeness--you're really liking the acrylics, aren't you?:D

Yes they work fast. thank you.

TheOnlyJediPrincess Ahh Biggs, a great character that doesn't get that much attention. I have to agree with FF. his uniform and cape look great.

Thank you, I found him in a magazine.

Thank you.

The new piece is a pencil drawing for my story They are animals and the last chapter Qui-Gon comforts Obi-Wan

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very pretty drawing of Qui-Gon and Obi Wan--I always loved the idea of these two being able to converse while Obi Wan was exiled; it would certainly have made the time less lonely! Such a nice mood to it (like all your work!), and I love the likenesses! Pretty piece!

FF

11. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    I love the idea of Qui-Gon's ghost visiting Obi-Wan [face_love] The way Qui's body fades away into the background gives the ghostly impression, and the expression on his face is so in character for him. He looks just like Liam Neeson! Very well done =D=

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very well done! And I like the way it arranged for the visit with Quigon 'floating' behind Old Ben.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey, you did Biggs!

Great stuff! Great person!

Leuk!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan Very pretty drawing of Qui-Gon and Obi Wan--I always loved the idea of these two being able to converse while Obi Wan was exiled; it would certainly have made the time less lonely! Such a nice mood to it (like all your work!), and I love the likenesses! Pretty piece!

FF

And I see them this way in my fics. Thanks[:D]

Glitbiter
    I love the idea of Qui-Gon's ghost visiting Obi-Wan The way Qui's body fades away into the background gives the ghostly impression, and the expression on his face is so in character for him. He looks just like Liam Neeson! Very well done

Mitth_Fisto Very well done! And I like the way it arranged for the visit with Quigon 'floating' behind Old Ben.

Thanks [:D]

AzureAngel2 Hey, you did Biggs!

Great stuff! Great person!

Leuk!

Yes I found him in a magazine.

Next is my new Obi-Wan picture and it is one of him after a mission.
    He will go through a lot and this one goes with the story Temple of doom

Obi-Wan

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is a very intense drawing of him. You can clearly see that Anni wracks his nerves and that he is indeed a candidate for the healers. Look the shadows under his eyes! And he radiates a mixture of anger and concern as well.

16. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Great sketch, very intense. He's clearly anxious and worried about something. Nice job on the shading too, particularly in the eyes.

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Trainspotting" indeed!! That face--oh, my! I totally agree with Azure here: he looks positively haggard (and I have a feeling that Ani was often the cause of this! ;) )! Terrific likeness, and the intensity of emotion and feeling is wonderful! This will be a fabulous painting! =D=

FF

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 That is a very intense drawing of him. You can clearly see that Anni wracks his nerves and that he is indeed a candidate for the healers. Look the shadows under his eyes! And he radiates a mixture of anger and concern as well.

Glitbiter Great sketch, very intense. He's clearly anxious and worried about something. Nice job on the shading too, particularly in the eyes.

He sure is worried and is at the healers. Thanks all for your kind comments and FF I think I will make it into an oil-painting too.:*

These two paintings are a first draft of Obi-Wan and Siri and Anakin and Padme. Both are for stories by me.

Obi-Wan and Siri

19. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Ooooh, these are looking good! Anakin and Padme's pose is particularly lovely, so sweet [face_love] I think you really captured the delicate side of Padme's character and the love between these two.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes thank you Glitbiter and both pictures have again an update today

Obi-Siri and Ani-Padme

And all can be found on the first post.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey, your portrait of Obi-Wan really does have a very strong "Ewan-ey" feel to it - good likeness. Very nice use of light and colour, too. I think this is my favourite of all your paintings.

I think your likeness of Padme in the Anakin/Padme painting is also very good - you've captured the way Natalie Portman smiles very well, and I hadn't realised until now how distinctve it was.

Your work is looking really good.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you for your kind words. For Obi-Wan I had a poster in a magazine from trainspotting as a reference and the Obi-Wan Siri picture is from Down with love (in our newspaper)

Anakin and Padme are a lot of pictures combined.

Here is the new update for all three. More layers of paint are added.

Obi-Wan in the healers ward

Same page but further down
    Obi-Wan and Siri

Anakin and Padme

25. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Great idea of FalconFan's to turn that drawing into a painting, it looks beautiful [face_love] Your use of light and shading is excellent, and the angle is really interesting too.

My favourite still has to be Anakin and Padme though, it's such a tender moment you've portrayed, and you've captured Natalie very well.

Very pretty paintings all. =D=