main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ears Open - (J/Z Post YJK A/U sequel to Play It By Ear) - Completed May 7 2006!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I was just about to reply to your last post when you posted this update. :oops:

Peckhum snorted. "You're lucky I don't tan that hide of yours boy. You're not too old you know."
    Zekk grinned. "It's good to see you too, old man."

Loved the interaction between Zekk and Peckhum! :D

"Did you destroy the weapon?"
    "Fact." Tenel Ka nodded once. "They called it the Sun Buster, and based it on the design of the Sun Crusher. It is no more."
    "And Nurm here managed to infiltrate the first couple levels of security and plant a worm in the computer for Lowie. By now the data on how to create the weapon, at least that that particular facility, will be slag."

Glad to see that threat's taken care of.

Oluth advanced on her and she refused to shrink away, even though her knees were shaking and her stomach was in knots. She refused to give him the satisfaction, tilting her head at a stubborn, obstinate angle. She waited, her heart in her throat, as he pulled a wicked looking lash from his belt and hit the power switch.

The tension in this section was amazing. =D=

A gentle hand came to rest on her shoulder and the Force flowed through her body quickly, almost to the point of pain, allowing her to regain control of herself. Those same hands slowly lifted her off the floor and sat her back, revealing her savior.
    Jaina Solo smiled weakly. "Hey, kiddo."

[face_dancing] Jaina's back in action! [face_dancing]

2. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It's good to see things heading in the right direction.

Oluth's death was suitably dramatic and satisfying. ;)

3. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Sweet, keep up the good work!!!!!! More Soon!

4. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Great post Jade. YAY JAINA IS BACK!! what is this? am I starting to trust Adiana? how can this be??? *goes of to contemplate and get a cup of coffee*

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    WOOHHOO!! YES! Of course Jaina wouldn't lay around idly waiting to be rescued, she'd rescue herself!!

6. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Good, Jaina put foot to ass for herself. I was starting to get annoyed by the helpless Jaina plotline.

7. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's the post I've been waiting for! Jaina back on her feet kicking some a**

"What charade, you over-grown shaak? The one where I actually like you?"

Adiana is officially my hero. Really. I'm not that clever on my good days.

I'm about to run out, but I also wanted to say, I loved the Jaina and Adiana interactions. Adiana has come a long way, and I'm glad that Jaina realizes that too. The fact that she trusted Adiana said a lot - especially to Adiana herself. Faith affirmed on all sides.

And I cheered when Oluth died. Now...how about that Darth O.?

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    jedi_of_ennth - *grin* Glad you enjoyed it, jedi_of_ennth! I had fun with Peckhum ? he?s just one of those characters you hear in your head ;) and yes, Jay?s back in action. Beat up, bruised and battered, but ready to find her man again!

Neo-Paladin ? Thanks Paladin, I wasn?t too certain until I wrote it exactly how she was going to kill him, just that it had to be Jaina. He?d done far too much to her for anything else!

hollynkesten ? Thanks, hollynkesten! More to follow :)

Fireyforce ? Yup, Jaina is back, Fireyforce, now you?ll just have to wait and see how things develop! And you?re tristing Adiana!? Yikes, is that wise?

AvenKiel ? Exactly, AvenKiel ? Jaina, lie around helpless? I don?t think so! She?s much too impulsive and rash!

LeatherNeck - *laughs* thanks Gary! She wasn?t really helpless, just helplessly drugged into listlessness. She?s back though!

Inara - :D The post you?ve been waiting for, why ever didn?t you say something Inara? *innocent smile* I might have been willing to speed things up lol! Maybe not ? the tension was too much fun!

Adiana is officially my hero. Really. I'm not that clever on my good days.

I?m not clever at all. It?s Adiana?s lines that give me the most trouble and I go back and re-write them a dozen times before I?m happy. I?m glad you like her *laughs*

And Darth O's number is coming up. You?ll see :D

They crouched in the shadows, watching a trainer put the students through their paces. Block. Parry. Strike. Over handed Chop. Block. Parry. Strike.

"Don't tell me they put you through that boring routine."

Adiana flashed a grin at the woman crouched beside her, replying in the same soft tone. "Nope. I got special treatment. Apparently they think I'm strong enough to take on your Uncle Luke. Shh. This way."

They moved beyond the training facility, three hours into their trek from the torture chambers. No alarm had yet been raised, partially because Adiana knew Oluth tended to work alone, and partly because Darth Obsequious was the only person who could really stand him. No one would check on him for several hours, but the time was nearing when the weapons on their belts would be needed.

Adiana could feel Jaina's weariness, her desire to rest, but didn't dare stop for long. Fortunately, Jaina's determination to be free of the Sith and their training academy was far stronger; her Force presence had never been stronger to Adiana's senses. That same determination could cause problems and make them vulnerable to the Force Sensitives once they were discovered to be missing. Hopefully, they'd be closer to the doors once that happened and Darth Obsequious would remain 'absent' for their escape.

Adiana's lips twisted as she led Jaina past the apprentice dorms and into the mess of corridors surrounding the would-be Sith barracks. If she believed in anything, it was that their luck wouldn't hold that long, regardless of Jaina's Solo heritage. At some point, their absence would be noted and Darth Obsequious would be recalled to recover them. She was the only Sith capable of dealing with both Jedi; she was the only one who had a chance of recapturing, or killing them.

Jaina's hand darted out latching on firmly to Adiana's shoulder and stopping her in her tracks. There were voices up ahead, the speculation and fear in their tones clearly audible, and Adiana's heart sank.

Oluth's death had been discovered.

She motioned for Jaina to remain quiet and detoured around the gossiping students. They entered a side passage, the lights flickering and casting strange shadows around them. Jaina nudged her forward when she seemed to get sidetracked, ensuring she kept her pace. Several tense minutes later, they emerged near the far side of the dorms. Jaina pulled her into one of the empty dorms and closed and sealed the door.

Adiana slumped a little. "This is crazy! We'll never get out of here at this pace."

"My thoughts exactly."

9. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I love it when a plan comes together...
    :)

With the escape/rescue underway, I'm anticipating the reunion. But will this be the end of the Sith threat? [face_thinking]

10. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh yes! Butt kickin' time...!!

11. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
  12. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    oh dear, this is getting really interesting.

13. MariaMaxwell

MariaMaxwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2005
    great update!

14. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh my! My heart is in my throat and swelling with pride for Jaina!!!! You wrote her determination so powerfully and her bond with Zekk so utterly haunting! I could just see these past two scenes unfolding and I loved every second, Jade!

*dances in anticipation of coming posts*

I am dreading the end of this story, though! Please tell me that Adiana will continue to be a presence in future stories. Please?

15. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    :D Great update! Jaina and Zekk are about to be reunited, right? :D

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *rushes in, still with icing somewhere in her hair from work*

I haven't managed to read the post yet (I know, *still*), but I'll do so this weekend...12 hour road trips (either way) are good for catching up :p Hopefully the post can get back to you after that, too. Just so you know. :)

~TJF

17. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading and loving this fic. I'll try to catch up really soon. :D

18. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Break out time!!

Jaina and Adiana were great - I love how they bonded and came to an understanding, and then in the next paragraph, they were back to the usual. I found the exchange on signatures in blood hilarious.

Adiana is more mature now, as evidenced by her practicality and the fact that she knew she had to leave those otherk ids behind, that they would kill her and Jaina. While Jaina is touched with an idealistic desire (Zekk's influence, no doubt :p).

And Jacen and TK involved, with Peckhum and Co - this is going to be fun. :cool: I'm going to make popcorn for the next post.

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Neo-Paladin ? Thanks Paladin ? though are you certain the plan is coming together? This is me after all *grin*

AvenKiel - *grins* Next post, you got it, AvenKiel!

hollynkesten ? soon enough, hollynkesten!

Fireyforce ? Thanks Fireyforce, hopefully you?ll enjoy the next post!

MariaMaxwell ? Thank you, MariaMaxwell.

Zonoma ? You want more of Adiana, Zonoma? Hmm, I suppose I could do more with her, perhaps? I haven?t decided yet *grin* But thanks, I have a lot of fun writing the bond between Zekk and Jaina, it makes for an interesting dynamic that isn?t there normally. Fun stuff, and I?m looking forward to posting the next post!

jedi_of_ennth ? Thank J_o_e! And yes, Jaina and Zekk are about to be united! :D

Trickster_Jaina_Fel ? lol, no worries TJF we know you?re busy ;)

DathomiranAuthor ? thanks DA! IF you want it hardcopied, let me know. I?ll e-mail it to you :)

Inara - *laughs* Thanks Inara!

Jaina and Adiana were great - I love how they bonded and came to an understanding, and then in the next paragraph, they were back to the usual. I found the exchange on signatures in blood hilarious.

*grin* That was the intention, since Adiana knows Jaina?s gotta harbor -some- animosity towards her, even if she doesn?t see it ;)

Adiana is more mature now, as evidenced by her practicality and the fact that she knew she had to leave those otherk ids behind, that they would kill her and Jaina. While Jaina is touched with an idealistic desire (Zekk's influence, no doubt ).

Lol! Yeah, Zekk?s got a way of working under the skin ;) I?m glad Adiana?s characterization isn?t coming across as Marysueish. I really don?t want her to get that way :)

Alright everyone, I haven?t heard back from TJF with the next post, so I?m just going to post it anyway and hope it?s not as bad as I think it is! Bear with me :) Next post coming shortly :D

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    They were in trouble.

Jaina's expression was grim as she was backed into a corner, Adiana carefully protected behind her, the red blade in her hand weaving a wall of crimson defense in front of her. She was pressed from all side, sweat tricking down her forehead, her muscles screaming in pain and exhaustion. But she forced herself to continue. Lightsaber blades darted in, rapidly testing and retesting her reflexes.

She knew they could feel her weakening, were playing with her, testing her, teasing her with the option of a victory. An evil laugh, like nails on a chalkboard, sent shivers down her spine.

Adiana shrank back behind her, pressing her back to the rock, trying to escape the voice. "Oh no."

"I take it that's Darth Obsequious?"

"Yeah." Adiana peaked out from behind Jaina, spying the Sith's leader walking towards them through the darting and twisting blades. Jaina couldn't hope to defeat the Sith in her current condition. "Maybe we should surrender."

Jaina couldn't spare her a look, but if she could have it would have been incredulous. She settled for shoving the girl back behind her with a twist of her hips as she lunged to block a blade headed for Adiana's face. Adiana fell back, aware she wasn't helping the situation and feeling hopeless.

Darth Obsequious' presence seemed to bolster her minions and they pressed the attack, forcing Jaina to give what little ground she had until she was almost pressed against Adiana. She gritted her teeth and pressed back, regaining only one step, but enough to give her room to maneuver.

"You should surrender, Knight Solo." Darth Obsequious' voice knifed easily through the commotion as Jaina parried and blocked. "You've fought well, but it's hopeless. For every one of my Sith you kill, two more take their place!"

"If you weren't so scared to fight me, I wouldn't have to keep killing them!" Jaina hoped over a low cut that was aimed at her ankles. "Typical Sith. Too pompous and egotistical to take care of things themselves."

Darth Obsequious' laugh was low, threatening. "Typical Jedi. Shooting off their mouths when they can't hope to win."

Jaina ducked under the next swing, her saber in position to block and counter, sending the head of the Sith facing her rolling. The body hit the floor with a soft thud, and caused the rest to hesitate for a moment. Jedi rarely killed. It was all Jaina needed. She stepped into the space left by the Sith and quickly disabled and killed the last of the attackers facing her. She gained several steps before planting herself squarely, ready for the next wave. Obsequious' laugh was cut short.

"Attack, get her! Make her pay!" The several Sith surrounding Obsequious did as ordered, more afraid of her and the dark lightning which suddenly crackled about her fingers than the lightsaber wielding Jedi who was taking them down so easily.

Not that Jaina remained unscathed. Someone had struck her with an un-ignited vibro knife in the midriff. While not sharp enough to enter her abdomen, it had left a bloody, messy cut clear across. Her clothing was singed from the near misses, her hair wild about her face, slightly shorter than it had been when she'd begun their journey.

Adiana in front of Jaina as lightning arced and sizzled from Obsequious' hands just as Jaina raised her lightsaber to block to the first thrust of a Sith. Adiana had her eyes closed, her hands upraised, trusting the Force to guide her. The smell of burning flesh was almost sickening and Adiana screamed as the lightning seared the tender palms of her hands, unable to absorb the full impact of the powerful bolts.

Obsequious cackled, and Jaina grabbed the lightsaber from Adiana's belt with her free hand, igniting it into the stream of lightning. Adiana slumped to the ground, not conscious of Jaina stepping over her form, one lightsaber twirling in a constant circle, knocking blow after blow aside, unable to counter attack as her attention was split between blocking the force lightning and the lightsaber strikes of t

21. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    It's great to see things get to this point Jade_Max. The battle felt hard fought and rewarding.

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I want someone to rescue me like that! *fangirl sigh*

Oh well, at least I get to read your stories. Adiana was brave though, wasn't she?

23. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Awwww, yay!!

24. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    hehehe, oh fun. Very cute I liked the Jaina/Zekk interaction very cute. It really reminded me of YKJ. I can't wait for more.

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Neo-Paladin ? Thanks Paladin, I really fretted over that battle, like it didn?t seem hard enough, but I also didn?t want it to seem too hard... glad you liked it!

Zonoma - *grin* I think you?re an Adiana fan, Zonoma ;) I?m glad you like her! And I agree completely, I would so love to be rescued like that :D

AvenKiel - :D Thanks AvenKiel!

Fireyforce ? Thanks Fireyforce. I was going for echos of YJK ? I mean in this it?s not really that far behind them, right;)

I can't resist, since I've got it finished - so I'm going to complete it today *gasp* so bear with me, two more posts after this one ;)

Jaina closed her eyes, exhaustion overtaking her as she leaned back on the bunk. They?d lifted off from Ord Mandell several hours previous and spent the time doing triage for her and Adiana. Finally, they?d let her escape into Peckhum?s guest cabin.

Nurm was at Adiana?s side, carefully changing the bandages on her hands hourly, and Jaina hadn?t been able to be in the same room with the unspoken affection radiating from him in waves. He was stoic, devoted, and Adiana was completely unaware of it in her unconscious state. Which was probably for the best; the girl was confused enough without adding a budding relationship. What she needed right now was a friend and Nurm appeared to understand. His even gaze, steadfast presence and quiet demeanor would do wonders on Adiana - once she woke up.

Jaina rolled over towards the wall, the patch on her cheek straining against the pull of her muscles. She was tired, exhausted, drained of all resources. The fight had taken a toll, and she felt the need to sleep for a week. She'd been so certain she would just drop off as soon as her head hit the pillow. She was bone weary, barely able to keep her eyes open.

But sleep wouldn?t come.

She rolled again, unable to find a comfortable position on the flat, barely padded bunk. Her whole body ached, one massive sore spot that refused to stay silent for long enough to let sleep intrude. Lying down only seemed to make it worse. Her head was beginning to ache, and she winced as a small spasm in her legs began. She rolled again, stretching her toes back as far as they'd curl to get some tension on the muscle. She wasn't going to succumb to aches and pains after the trail she'd just been through!

A tap on the door had her eyes slowly opening, and she rolled towards the door. "Can't a girl get some sleep in peace?"

The door opened to a soft chuckle. "Sorry, Jay, I just thought you might want a massage after all you've been through."

"Zekk!" She sat up and then hissed as her back muscles protested the quick movement. "Sorry, I guess I'm not being very grateful for the rescue, huh?"

He stepped inside and turned the overhead glow panels on just enough so he could see her. "It's Adiana you should be grateful for. The two of you make quite the team."

Jaina slowly scooted backwards, and made room for him, patting the bunk beside her. "She's come a long way from when I first met her. You've been a good influence."

Zekk shrugged off the compliment, smiling faintly. "She's been a good pupil. She reminds me a lot of you when you were younger."

Jaina laughed softly. "No wonder you get along so well."

Zekk stepped closer to the bed, taking a seat on the edge and searching her face. It was marked, the furrows left by Obsequious' clawed hand not as deep as he'd initially thought, but deep enough to have earned a bacta patch. Her skin was scrubbed clean after an hour in the sonic shower, though her hair was still awry, floating about her head like a halo. She watching him, her lips twisted in the trademark Solo grin and she'd never looked a more welcome sight; he'd never been happier to see her. "So how are you really feeling?"

Jaina winced as her back complained again, twisting a little to look him straight in the eye. "I'm doing alright, all things considered. I think I got off easier than I could have thanks to Adiana. Your timel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.