Story [Earth 2] Choice to Make [Mods Trope Challenge]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DaenaBenjen42, Feb 28, 2013.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: Choice to Make
    Author: DaenaBenjen42
    Fandom: Earth 2 (AU ahoy...)
    Characters: Devon Adair and Julia Heller, MD (and, eventually, all of the Eden Project...)
    Disclaimer: I borrowed rather happily from Amblin Entertainment...
    Notes: This was written for the Mods Trope Challenge, of which mine was #24: Enemy Mine. (Just when I was going to ask for an extension, I sorta had a plot bunny attack. Sort of.)

~*~*~*~

She'd been one of them for months, a member of this group but not really part of it. Not until right now as she handed the communication device to Devon in the privacy of her tent while Uly slept. Handed it to her, and then stared at the ground.

The Council had considered these people the enemy, but they weren't hers. Not now. Not ever again. She'd been through too much, seen too much, to not accept them as her own. No amount of Council-driven propaganda or empty promises could change that. Especially not now. And she knew how angry her next words would make Devon. "I should have told you sooner, but... I didn't know how. Alonzo stopped me, though I'm sure he has no idea it even happened. You know he never remembers his dreams very well. He saved Uly's life last night."

Devon studied the device for a long moment in silence before speaking in a controlled tone. "What did this Reilly want you to do?"

"Experiment. I couldn't... I can't do that to your son. Especially now."

"Not just because of Alonzo," Devon said slowly, still staring at the small device in her hand. She knew what it was used for, and understood what Julia was saying without actually making her say it. She wanted to question further, but knew there was no point. One fact remained: the Council knew they'd arrived at G889. Knew more than they should have, because of misdirected loyalty.

"No. Not just because of him." Julia was surprised when Devon handed the small device back to her. "Devon?"

"The enemy of my enemy is a friend," Devon told her slowly as she turned to look at her son. "And Reilly... we'll deal with him together. The Project comes first, Julia."

Julia nodded. As it had been since she'd woken from cold sleep to check over everybody and then a crashing ship... always the project. There were, after all, thousands of colonists on the way.

Reilly didn't know it yet, but he was about to have a very upset Devon Adair on his non-existent hands.

TBC...
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Feb 28, 2013
  2. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Well, you are right about introducing us to new characters - but I am hooked. :) I can't wait to see where this goes. =D=
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I've never heard of this fandom, but I'm liking it so far!
  4. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Mira_Jade: This was one of those mid-90's one season wonders... and there shall be more. Eventually. Thank you, Mira. :)

NYCitygurl: Thank you, Nat. :)
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl