main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Earth and Beyond

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkLordDC, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordDC

DarkLordDC Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I really love this game. I really hope that the star wars game's space expansions have the beauty of this game.
    It is the perfect engine if you enjoy the Han Solo type characters: modifying your ship, trading between planets, running across pirates, taking jobs and missions that are more than you expect, etc.
    Now, I dont think it works as well for the fighter pilot crowd because manuevering and aiming and other "joystick" stuff don't factor in, although flight tactics can play a significant role. I really hope Galaxies has something akin to E&B's grouping system for people who want to form squadrons, as well as its trading system and exploration...and just the sheer graphical beauty of the game.
    Anyone else played E&B? How much of it would you like to see reflected in something similar in Galaxies?

2. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I thought it was little more than EQ in space. I found it pretty dull and uninteresting when I was in the beta. The graphics were great, that's true, but the old 'press A to attack' gets old fast.

I like a bit more interaction when I'm fighting. My skills as a gamer should factor in, instead of just hard numbers and statistics.

3. DarkLordDC

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, I have heard that opinion before. It is an issue of whether you want to play an RPG or a "shooter". Personally, I like that it's not about how fast I can click a button or how deftly I can maneuver a controller. You are winning on strategy alone.
    Now to me this game was nothing like Evercrack. The triple-layered experience system is really innovative and keeps characters from becoming clones of each other. Not to mention the huge array of equipment and ship modifications...with no clearcut "this is the best missle/gun/engine" devices for everyone to clamor for.

4. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    when i was on the beta test i like the visuals and the character elements, but there are alot of things i hated too.

1. It takes along time. Especially in the begining when you have a crappy engine, it takes forever to go anywhere.

2. Simplistic combat. i think joystick and 1st person option could have really helped.

3. price. i htink pay to plays violate the fact that you own the game by making you payu for it again every month.

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I've been playing it since two weeks before the beta ended. I like the storyline and community, but I do agree the gameplay can get a little dull. In fact, I haven't played since last Monday . . . then again I've been kinda busy with The Sims Online Beta.

I have a level 50 odd Progen Sentinel, 40 odd Terran Tradesman, and 40 odd Terran Enforcer. The Enforcer and Sentinel are on the Andromeda Galaxy, Tradesman on Galieo. If anyone wants to hook up sometime give me a shout.

6. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i was with the Beta scince the begining of summer. i love the game and i liked the evolution, but then i got cut off when they started ramping up testing. Boohoo, never play that one again

7. DarkLordDC

Apr 18, 2002
    Wedge 88, I have a level 20-something Jenquai Explorer named Valkris on Andromeda.
    I also have a level 40-something Terran Enforcer on Pegasus.

Anyone catch the E&B Halloween mission? You got a Tada-o Pumpkin' Chunkin' device...nothing like sneaking up on a friend and watching splatting a pumpkin against their ship...

8. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, I plan on getting that out on some random day in the middle of summer (although I doubt I'll still be playing) and just blasting everyone I see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.