main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Earth in flames: The Posleen War

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Deiskrad, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Allen Telescope Array, Hat Creek Radio Observatory, California
    September 2007

It was the end of the day when the white noise stopped.

Tony Markstrom, Intern from UC Berkeley, was ready to leave his post and go home when the signal that changed the world was received.

Whatever it was it was big. The monitors emitted a continuous babbling tone of information without preamble, all of the computer monitors started going crazy and Markstrom nearly
    fell out of his chair.

It was with shaking hands that he keyed in the instructions to the computers to begin the standard procedures of what to do if contact was made.

He barely noticed the door bursting open behind him, and the senior technicians rushing in.

He knew, at that moment, even though he?d done nothing great, he?d entered history.

United Nations Building. Security Council Room.
    November 2007

?I have news.? Said the delegate from the United States.
    ?Two months ago, a SETI installation received a Signal from extra-terrestrial intelligences. In the signal were charts and diagrams of technologies and instructions on how to build them. There was also a message. A message from the alien intelligences.
    ?And the message isn?t good.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Posleen War RPG! This RPG is an adaptation of John Ringo?s ?Legacy of the Aldenata?series. This RPG will deviate from the book in some ways, but the basic premise will be the same: Alien Invasion.
    The RPG will encompass a period of buildup, Invasion, and aftermath. It will be of a military and political bend. Some economics as well will play in. Therefore, players should create characters in the Military or High Political positions. However, since this is a global Invasion, it is recommended that secondary characters be civilians.

When we begin, Characters will have to make decisions to prepare earth for the invasion. Tough and difficult decisions will have to be made on technologies developed and strategies adopted. I encourage the players to debate and form strategies. Unlike some of my Other RPG's this will be very player driven, and I intend to adopt a much more hands-off approach.

If you wish to join, PM me a Standard Character Sheet. Over the next few days I will post a list of Alien Technologies that are available to the governments of the world, as well as that of the enemy.

Rules:
    1. Obey the Terms of service
    2. The GM?s word is final, but since I am human, I may make mistakes. If you have a problem, please take it up with me in private and I will attempt to address your grievance.
    3. Be realistic and descriptive, especially if your character is making decisions regarding tactics or strategy.
    4. The weapons and technology are feasible (though distantly). I advise players to do a few minutes research. Characters can develop new technologies, and I encourage this.
    5. Original characters only. I will consider crossovers, PM me in private.

2. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: Decoded from the first transmission from the "Galactics", this document is circulating amongst the Defense Ministries of the permanent memebrs of the UN Security council. It details the enemy. My next post will include descriptions of the technology schematics in the same transmission from the Galactics.

TOP SECRET

Eyes Only

US Military Intelligence brief: The Posleen

Posleen Technology:

The Posleen are theorized to be an ?Uplifted? species. That is, they did not develop their technology on their own. The Posleen know how to operate their machines and technology, but are unable to duplicate it unaided. Nor can they improve or enhance existing technology.

All Posleen technology is fabricated in automated factories that are self-sustaining. Posleen Star Ships contain the essential machines to begin construction of said factories. The technology they have acquired allows them access to quantum tunneling for interstellar travel, and weapons and sensors far beyond the current generation of earth.

Posleen Weapons:

Ground Forces:
    Posleen companies carry a mixed amount of light and heavy weapons. The prevalence of either depends largely upon the economic resources and prestige of their respective God King, but even the most basic platoon will have at least 8 Hyper Velocity Rocket Launchers.

If a relatively new, poor, and undistinguished platoon, it will be heavy on Flechette Shotguns and 1mm rail guns. If it is an established company, it will carry mostly heavier weapons such as the 3mm rail gun and plasma weapons. All Posleen carry a monomolecular blade for melee combat. The blade is sharp enough and strong enough to cut through most alloys.

Posleen officers, ?God Kings?, are equipped with a gravity sled with a heavy weapon attached, usually an HV Missile launcher, Plasma Cannon, or Multibarreled Heavy Laser. The God King?s Gravity Sled is capable of limited flight up to 100 meters above the surface. It is highly maneuverable, and contains advanced sensing equipment and tactical software. The saucer is referred to as a ?Tenar? in Posleen vernacular. It is powered by a contained anti-matter reaction.

Known Posleen Weapons:
    Monomolecular Blade
    Flechette Shotguns
    1mm Rail Guns
    3mm Rail Guns
    Plasma rifles (light)
    Plasma Cannon (heavy)
    Hyper Velocity Missiles
    Multibarreled Heavy Laser (heavy)

Space Weapons:
    Posleen Ship mounted weapons include Heavy Rail Guns, sometimes called Mass Drivers, and Anti-Ship Plasma Cannons. These weapons can be brought to bear in ground operations, but are of limited use (see relevant section: ?Posleen strategy? ?Posleen tactics? and ?Posleen weaknesses?).

Space Craft:
    When Posleen colonization forces enter a star system, the ships will be conjoined and interlocked into enormous globes, which break apart into individual components as they approach the target planet. Each globe is made up of some five or six hundred landing craft. The landing crafts are subdivided into three main types:

Lander: Code-named lamprey. Lampreys contain one company of normal Posleen and one to two God Kings. The Lamprey itself mounts one anti-ship weapon; a plasma cannon or mass driver, and various anti-personnel systems. Landers are approximately 100 meters across and are roughly rectangular box shaped. Capable of in-system flight only. Power plant is a Matter-Antimatter reactor.

Battle Dodecahedron: Code-named B-Dec. A B-Dec is a larger 12 sided vessel, sporting anti-ship weaponry on 11 surfaces. Also present are anti-personnel systems. 1600 Posleen regulars, multiple God Kings. Interstellar drive. M/AM Power plant.

Command Dodecahedron: Code named C-Dec. Central fighting unit of the Posleen. A C-Dec is actually a B-Dec that has Landers attached to all sides. Interstellar drive. The attached landers give a full complement of 6400 Posleen nominal.

Posleen Physiology:

The Posleen strongly resemble reptilian centaurs. They are yellow-green in color, and about 1.8 meters in height. They are somewhat dinosauroid in outward appearance, bearing

3. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: Partial Technology download from Galactic Transmission.

Classified Briefing: Galactic Technology

Received in the transmission from the galactics are schematics for a number of technologies that will be helpful in the upcoming battle against the Posleen. Detailed below are the concepts and some specific technologies that are applicable.

Concepts:

Gravity Control: The galactics have shown t have control over gravity and some other natural phenomena. This control allows for the levitation and propulsion of objects without the use of conventional fuels.

Matter/Anti-matter reactors: M/AM has been mastered by the Galactics, allowing a massive amount of energy to be generated. It has also been shown how to manufacture Anti-matter for the purposes of weapons.

Specific Technology Schematics:

100 mm Rail Gun: For planetary defense. This mass driver will fling a block of depleted uranium out into space at hypervelocity. The impact will penetrate and destroy Posleen B-Decs, C-Decs, and Landers.

There are technology schematics for what appears to be advanced Artificial Intelligence devices. This and more is currently being decrypted by a variety of intelligence agencies. As they are decoded, they will be made available to this committee.

4. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    I guess I'll join. Expect a CS soon! :)

5. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: Glad to have you!

6. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    Classified Briefing: Galactic Technology

More signals from the Galactics have been received and decoded. The subject of this transmission is medical treatments and technologies. So far, the folowing has been decoded.

Hiberzine: A drug implementing long-period hibernation in the patient. This could be useful in stretching food stores and other scarce consumables.

Nanotechnology: The Galactics have forwarded instructions on how to construct Nanites. The purpose of said Nanites is medical in nature. The nanites can heal wounds that would now be lethal to the victim. Further, certain nanites can be manufactured that have restorative properties in the elderly and infirm. An 80 year old veteran of the 2nd world war can be restored to the physical age of 20 in 90 days. They will continue to age normally henceforth. The nanites are even able to repair debilitating neurological diseases such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers. This will mean a glut of available men and women who will be fit for military service to defend against the Posleen.

END REPORT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.