Earth music and the EU

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by HanSolOKniser3, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. HanSolOKniser3 Force Ghost

star 4
    As I sit here nerding it up thinking about SW too much, I happen to be listening to an old Sheryl Crow album that I've never heard before, and a thought struck me.

Who would the characters of SW listen to if all they could listen too were musicians from our real world.

I'll kick things off.

I could see Mara Jade (post-TLC) sitting in a tapcafe or cantina somewhere enjoying the smokey music of Sheryl Crow.

And I can imagine Quinlan Vos (Clone Wars era) brooding while listening to the killer riffs of Rage Against the Machine.

Any other ideas?

[face_peace] :D [face_monkey]
  2. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Jaina = Marilyn Manson
    Jacen = Britny Spears
    Anakin = Sex Pistols
    Tahiri = Mayhem
    Kyp = Emperor
    Darth Vader = Vader (Who else?)
    Mara = Donnas
  3. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I love threads like this. We had one a while back -- time to revive the fun.

Sheryl Crow = evil bitch from hell.

Some classic 80s rock would probably be more Mara's style, not that preppy pop crap that only people with an IQ under 80 like. She might have liked it under Palpatine, but she wouldn't have known any better.

The Yuuzhan Vong national anthem should be Grand Theft Audio's "Death to the Infidels."

But who says the score has to be limited to music with lyrics?

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor would be very Palpatine-ish. Claude Debussy's Sunken Cathedral would be an excellent piece for Thrawn.

The invasion of Coruscant should be set to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings.

I can think of no better theme for Jabba the Hutt than Eminem's "Criminal."

The ancient Sith could jam to the dark side rhythms of Voodoo, by Godsmack, and make war on the galaxy to the tune of "Just One of Those Days" by Limp Bizkit...at least until the Jedi take over the karaoke machine and start broadcasting the theme from Sonic Adventure "Open Your Heart." Good stuff, heavy on the electric.

Luke Skywalker deserves an awesome song, and I'm rather partial to the theme from Fire Emblem. It's incredible, and has multiple sections befitting every aspect of his personality, from beloved friend to crack pilot to the most powerful single being on record in SW.

Metallica's "Unforgiven" is perfect for Anakin Skywalker.
  4. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I started a Thread like kinda like this a while back gimme a little bit to come upwith some
  5. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Journey's "Remember Me" is quite fitting for the Jedi and I could see Anakin listening to Aerosmith's Don't Want to Miss a Thing." I actually see Thrawn as having incredibly wide tastes in music since he would be looking for psychological insights into the human race.I think Boba Fett would probably listen to rap as it fits in with his badass image.
  6. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Zekk would have Good Charlotte, AFI, and Linkin Park on his iPod. Sublime and Cake for Jacen. A good bit of Pink Floyd and Korn for Tahiri. Some J/Z, Ciera and Kanye West for Anakin Solo.
  7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Lets see... I can stick a bunch of classical pieces to the characters

Tarkin = Rise of the Valkryies by Wagner
    Thrawn = Symphony No.40 by Mozart
    Vader = Montagues & Capulets by Prokofiev
    Mara Jade = Fur Elise by Beethoven
    Luke Skywalker = Carol of the Bells by TransSiberian Orchestra (Yes, it's still classical. Modern Classical)
    Tsavong Lah = Mars, the Bringer of War by Holst
    The Sith = Symphony No.9 "From the New World" 4th Movement by Dvorak (well the first 1:15 of it anyway)
    The Jedi = A Mad Russian's Christmas by TransSiberian Orchestra
    Princess Leia = Clair de Lune by Debussy
  8. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, Ride of the Valkeryies is a good choice for Tarkin. I could also seem the him listening to loud and bombastic operatic pieces like Wagner.
  9. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader Lounging in his meditation chamber, after "Accepting some Apologies" while he's playing Back in Black (AC/DC)

Boba Fett comes flying in on the Slave I Blaring Kashmir (Led Zeplin)

Han and Chewie are cruising through the space lanes just rocking out to "I wanna Rock" (Twisted Sister)

Vader shed's a small tear as he holds his son's disimbodied hand and hears "Carry on my wayward son" (Kansas)

As the Engines warm up on the Boonta Eve race, Sebulba clears his head and gets pump when he starts piping "Sweet Emotion" (Aerosmith) into his Pod

Anikan Skywalker i can see playing "Fortunate Son" (CCR) whenever he 'borrows' a speeder for a short ride.

I can just imagine Wes and Hobbie going clubbing and steping it out on the dance floor to "What is Love" (Haddaway)

I can see Han yelling at Jacen for blasting "Smells like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) with Zekk and the other members of his 'hanger bay band'

As Jaina Preps for battle she flicks a switch to transmit the theme song of Twin Suns squadron to Kyp, Jag, and the gang: "Dragula" (Rob Zombie)

As Lando takes on of his pleasure trips in the Lady Luck he romanticizes his woman with some classic "Let's get it on" (Marvin Gay)

Anikan Solo is off in the Training room sparring with Remotes, Nothing gets his blood pumping like hearing "Ace of Spades" (Moterhead)

10. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Those are good ones. I could easily see Sweet Emotion playing over the Pod race.
  11. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Anakin Skywalker races to the Beasty Boy's Fight for Your Right (to party). Mara has Christina Agulera, Gwen Stefani, Madona, and Britney Spears (for the dance beat. Sure...) on her play list.
  12. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I could also see Anakin racing to Bon Jovi's "Its My Life"
  13. Saberwielder315 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can see Vader listening to like to Old School Metallica. I can see Luke listening to some Tim Macgraw seeing he grew up on a farm. Anakin is definatly a Rage Against the Machine boy. Leia would be a Manson girl after what happened to Alderaan, like "The Fight Song." Jaina is def. an Evanescence girl. Jacen is just a girly girly who problably listens to Good Charlotte and Jessica Simpson. Mara is most def. a metal head who loves Kron and NIN.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.