side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Kendol remembered vividly what it was all like. He could remember vividly the pains of loss.

Even at a young age...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young and wide eyed, five year old Kendol Torisma stared out at the Aqualian seas. The waves crashed down in repetitive patterns, predicatble patters, and so, Kendol smacked his hand on the cool sand as each series of waves would smack down and the cool sand just meters ahead of him.

He was going to be a Jedi, he knew. Whatever a Jedi was... Really, he would be content with living his life building castles in the sand, but his master- why he called him master, he wasn't sure of either, he just knew that he better call him master, or he would get no chocolate!- His master insisted that he try to "silence his mind," and "listen for the force".

And this silly braid... He hand his best friend, Qasi had tried to cut it off many times...but their masters always seemed to know...always knew! They'd had several good spankin's for that.

Kendol ran his little fingers through the sand, giggling happily at the small little sea creature that crawled towards him.

He heard a familiar laughing and glanced to his right to see Qasi, in her little pink bathing suit running and splashing through the shallows. He grinned. She was his friend, but she was a girl! Girls couldn't do anything as good as boys. Girls had to be some genetic mutation or soemthing...some flaw somewhere in the course of mankind.

Somehow, he wasn't sure why, all of the men he saw seemed not to mind the women that much, they actually at times seemed to like them. But...what were they good at? Qasi couldn't even swim yet, and she'd been living here for longer than he had!

His long- for his age- legs stood him up, and he glanced about. Like he had felt- somehow- he saw his master walking over the dune, Qasi's master next to him. He decided that he could just wait where he was, so he flopped back down on the sand.

He grinned hapilly at his master, but still felt that emptiness, that fealing that something was missing...he just couldn't touch on what it was...

"Enjoying the time off, Padawan?" Master Orilik asked, walking forward, patting Kendol on his shoulder, taking a seat on the sand next to him.

His master was young, he had told him that he hadn't been long promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight. "Sure 'm, mazter." He still hadn't been able to pronounce those words like his master could. He just couldn't will his lips and tongue to make the necessary syllables.

Apparently it was unusual for someone his, or Qasi's, age to be a padawan. His master often spoke of a gran temple, and said that Kendol had been taken there once, but kednol couldn't remember it.

Apparently Master Orilik didn't want to go there, and took him as his aprentice, away to a more...peaceful, alive, and serene place.

The little girl Qasi, his age, was still bounding through the water as her master called to her.

Kendol grinned out at the sparkling sea. "It's perty, taday, mazter," He remarked.

"Yes, it is, Padawan." His master glanced over at Qasi's master, who was still struggling to get her Padawan out of the water. He shook his head.

"Girls!" Kendol muttered with a sigh, his little fingers clenching back and forth through the sand. "Neva' lurn." He frew sand out into the water. The sand spalttered against Qasi and Kendol broke out into fits and giggles.

The girl screamed out and began to cry, rushing for hermaster, while Kendol heard his master go up in a tirade, grabbing his hand and smacking it repetively. "Kendol Torisma! What do you think you're doing!?!"

"Her mazter wanted hers to comes in," he said innocently. "I jsush' help'ed."

His master gave him a stern look. "Kendol, don't you ever do that again!"

"I sowwy, mazter," he mumbled, lowering his head.

"It's okay," Orilik said with a sigh, touseling the boys hair. Kendol instantly lit up with giggles, realizing that his innocent approach had fooled his master. Qasi was still screaming, flailing h

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked up at Kendol.

She could sense how upset he was. He was obviously thinking about the past.

It hurt to see him sad.

"You alright?" She asked, her own sorrow forgotten for a moment.

3. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Huh? Oh...yeah, I'm fine," He rpelied quickly, though he was sure she knew the answer to his question before she had even asked it. Or at least, she COULD know, if she chose to.

But was he fine? He didn't even really know...

"You sure?" She continued.

He nodded, giving her a light smile. "Don't you worry about me." He sighed, taking a glance out the window again. "You've got enough to worry about."

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled despite herself. "I still worry." She tried to surpress a yawn. "I'm going to take a little nap. You should try to get some sleep." She yawned again. "Wake me up in an hour."

Laying her head back down on his shoulder, she felt sleep quickly begin to claim her.

5. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol privately wondered how he was supposed to sleep, and wake her up in an hour... Apparently that was a lesson that he missed.

He smiled faintly, looking down at her face, already consumed by sleep. There was nothing more wonderful.

He glanced away, back out to space. His htoughts once again returning to his own loss. He had been forced to get over it and move on.

He only hoped Kadi wasn't forced to do that- nor Obi. As he sat back, those images running through his mind again, he realized that once could never truly move on from such a loss. It was like a mouse wheel, you can run, run, and run...but you're never going to get anywhere. There's just no way to escape that pain.

He sighed, giving Kadi a light hug and reclining his head back, forcing his eyes shut.

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi suddenly woke up as she felt the plane beginning to land.

She was instantly alert, sitting up.

They were in Colorado already?

She nudged Kendol. "We're landing."

7. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol's eyes opened and he felt the plane shake slightly. Kadi's repeated words confirmed that they were landing.

"Here goes nothing," Chogaigh said from behind them.

Kendol glanced back, then forward as the plane lowered towards the ground. He gripped Kadi's hand and passed her a reasurring glance and a comforting touch of her presence in the force.

He gave him a light smile, but she was unable to sustain it for long.

Not much later the plane came to a stop and they were aloud to get up. They grabbed their carry-ons- which happened to be all that they had carried.

As they walked through the airport, amidst the endless amounts of people going every which way, Kendol glanced back up in space's direction. They would soon find out her father's predicament...he just hoped that the force was kinder to her, than it was to him.

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi and Obi-Wan led the way to the baggage claim, weaving through the people.

"Kat, Ben!" A voice called from behind them.

The twins spun around to see their sister Megan running up to them.

"Meg!" Kadi called, embracing her little sister. "How's Dad?"

"We don't know yet. He's in surgery."

Kadi nodded. "Lets grab our baggage and we can go."

9. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    The hopsital.

It had been a place frequented, in several different states, by the group recently, and as they all sat in a waiting room, Kendol wondered why they had to be here so often.

Kadi's family and the group were all in the same room, Kadi was sorta the bridge. She sat next to her mother, and next to Kendol.

There had to be no news yet, which wasn't necessarily bad or good.

He sighed. How long would they have to wait?

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi sighed as she looked around from where she was standing in the corner.

She was in the waiting room way too much.

They'd been here for over 5 hours.

It occured to her that all waiting rooms were exactly the same, no matter what planet they were on.

Hard chairs, magazines from 5 years ago, and completely white.

The room was filled with her family and friends.

Her father's brothers and sisters had flown in also, to offer their support. It was great seeing her family again, she just wished it was a happier time.

Just then, the door swung open and the doctor walked out.

Her mother was instantly standing in front of him. They talked quietly, then the doctor walked back through the door.

Everyone was tense as she turned to them.

"He's going to be ok."

11. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Relief flooded over Kenodl, curling his lips up into a faint smile. Kadi ran forward and hugged her mom in happiness, and turned to the rest of them with a broad smile.

Kadi's mother spent the next few minutes explaining finer details, but the most important thing was found.

He was going to be okay. Now the question was: What do they do now?

12. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi sighed in relief, grinning from ear to ear.

She gave her twin a hug. "He's going to be fine."

Obi-Wan wore a similar grin. "Thank the Force."

She turned to the rest of the group. "Thank you for coming with us to help us though the wait."

13. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "No problem, Kadi," Chogaigh responded.

Kendol just sat back momentarily.

"Yeah. We're happy to be any help we can," Cal said, stepping forward to stand next to Obi-Wan.

Kendol glanced to the door, and stood up. "I believe it's time we get some sleep...somewhere."

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Megan walked up. "Yeah, we're staying at our grandparents house. I'm driving."

Everybody sleepily gathered their things together.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Kadi smiled.

"You're not coming?"

"No. I can't leave. Not yet."

15. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Then I'm staying, too," Kendol said, dropping his stuff.

"Kendol...why don't you go back and get-"

But he cut Kadi off. "No. I'm fine. I'm going to stay right here with you."

16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "Kendol, you need to sleep." Kadi argued.

"So do you."

"I can sleep in the hard chairs. It doesn't bother me. I'm used to it, after all, I am related to Obi-Wan."

"Hey!" Obi-Wan said, overhearing.

"I mean it, you should go with them."

17. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Cal glanced at Kadi and Kendol who seemed to be debating about whether he would stay or not. Cal sighed, it had been a long plane ride and she could feel the adrenaline wearing off.

Obi and Kadi looked exhausted but had looks of joy on their faces.

Cal smiled. Thank the force that their father would be alright. She sat down on one of the seats and waited for the two of them to figure this out.

18. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Kadi, I'm not leaving until you do," he insisted.

"No. You go on with them. I mean it."

He sighed. "Kadi...oh, nevermind!" He threw his hands up in the air and turned around, picking up his bags and walked to the door, walking out to wait for the others.

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi watched them leave, then curled up in one of the hard seats.

She was both happy and sad he had gone. But it was for the best. He needed to get some sleep.

A moment later, Obi-Wan walked back in and sat down beside her.

She sighed, leaning against him.

They had another long wait ahead of them.

20. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Cal sat down next to Kadi's sister as everyone piled in and threw their bags into the back.

Kendol had come out a few minutes earlier and didn't look too happy.

'I guess Kadi won.' Cal thought.

Ki-an sat next to her and then Katie and Chogaigh got in the back with Kendol.

Megan started up the car and they headed on their way.

21. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol seethed as the car rode on. He couldn't figure out why she wouldn't allow him to stay.

He sighed, batting his fist down on his leg. Cal glanced at him curiously, looking almost sympathetic.

That wasn't right...Cal didn't have a sympathetic bone in her body towards him. Only to Kadi, and her prescious Obi-Wan.

He glanced out the window as the hospital went out of sight as the car turned.

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    The next morning Kadi woke up early.

Obi-Wan quietly snored where he was stretched out on the chair.

Standing up, she stretched her stiff muscles, then turned to wake Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan, you're late for sparring!" She suddenly yelled.

He was instantly standing up, looking alert. "Huh? What? Kadi!"

She grinned. "Come on, lets go get some breakfast at the cafeteria."

Obi-Wan nodded. "I hope its better than the infirmary food."

23. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Those posts were very good. But i have to say Teebones, you did a wonderfull job on Kendols memories. That posts was very good, you realla made it sound like a five-year old. That was very realistic.
    All i can say is: WOW!
    Everyone here is writting very well, and the posts keep getting better and better. :)

24. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    **force pushes this up**

25. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Cal awoke the next morning with the sun shining through the window into her face.

She yawned and looked at the clock.

9:30!!!!

She should have been up 2 hours ago. She quickly put her clothes on and headed downstairs. They was a note on the counter.

*Cal,
    We all headed to the hospital early this morning and didn't want to wake you, we'll be back around 11.

Ki-an*

Cal sighed. "Oh this is just great. What am I supposed to do for 1 and half hours?!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come on guys don't forget about this story! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.