EARTHQUAKE!!!

Discussion in 'Richmond, VA' started by amaunet, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    So how is everyone? Where were you when the 4.5 magnatude quake hit today?

Me: at work, sitting at my desk when everything started shaking and we all thought the building was coming down...Scary
  2. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    I was home alone (in Powhatan, just 12 miles south of the epicenter) chatting with my friend in NY on AIM when suddenly the entire house started rumbling and shaking back and forth. I had no idea what was happening, and my dog started barking hysterically. I ran outside (it sounded like a 747 was crashing in the back yard) and not a second after that, my neighbor came out on her back porch and we shouted at the same time "What happened?!?!" I saw my dad's truck parked in the driveway (he gets home right at 4 p.m.) and thought that was very, very wierd since I didn't hear or see him come in. He peeked out the back door and asked what I was doing and I said, "You didn't feel that?!" He said no, and my neighbor and I both told him what had happened and he said it sounded like an earthquake. We got inside the house and by then it was all over the news that an earthquake was confirmed. I was worried about my mom, who is a school bus aide, and she was still at work. My dad freaked her out a little, telling her I was shaking like a leaf when he came home (which I was, and did for 30 minutes after). She was on the road, so she didn't feel a thing. So far this year, I've been through my first (real) hurricane, and my first EVER earthquake and I never want to experience either ever again. I'm sure those on the west coast will call us babies over just a 4.5, but that was the longest and scariest minute of my life.
  3. pod_civc Jedi Knight

Ya know I thought it was pretty cool. I mean yes I admit it startled me but interesting. I work in a ground level office building, but I can feel for the peps up in high rises. I am glad everyone is safe and sound. I hoep all is well with all.

GB
  4. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah it was interesting...

On another note, glad to see you are still floating about, Greg
  5. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    It is interesting. Kinda the Earth's way of saying "Hey! I'm alive here!"
  6. LauraAnu Jedi Padawan

Wow, I was outside running at track practice and we didn't feel a thing, but teachers inside the school felt it. It was kind of odd.
  7. LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was so weird! I just sat down, plugged my guitar into my halfstack, and literally as i played my first chord, the houes started shaking! Back To The Future anyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.