main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EA's next LORD OF THE RINGS CONSOLE GAME

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by lotr456, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I like the sound of it. Maybe that will happen sometime soon.

2. lotr456

lotr456 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I think it would be awesome to have the lower level of minis tirith to fight in (with some field for the orcs) fire catapults, ride horses. No timers or few missions, just battlefield style gameplay. awesome online possiblities

3. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    And great marketing potential. When it comes to videogames, Lord of the Rings has proven that they can stand their own in the videogame field.

The Third Age
    Battle for Middle Earth
    Two Towers
    Return of the King

Also a game like this would bring some weight off of the Star Wars: Battlefront series which has been labeled as "Battlefield: 1942 Rip-Off" which is totally not true. EA/Dice created a new/sub-genre and LA/Pandemic wants to add more to the new "genre". How is that being a rip-off?

I know Battlefield/Battlefront are labeled as "FPS" games, but isn't it more then just a FPS title? I would label them as "Battle Simulator" games or something to that nature.

4. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Something like Battle Emersion is a more suitable title then a simple FPS. Whenever I think of something like Halo, I think of it as being way different the Battlefield or Battlefront. I even suggested a Halo version of Battlefront once.

5. Anakin_Skywalker021

Anakin_Skywalker021 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2004
    actually if you look on EA's website, they plan to release Battle For Middle Earth 2 for the PC, using new locations, characters, and battles that weren't in the movies, but that were in the books.

6. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    They should make a game just about Aragorn where you can play as him with a new combat system. you can play all teh battles from teh movies or other battles that maybe don't happen during the movies.

7. Dart-Dragon

Dart-Dragon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2005

Hmm...Youst Aragorn?no co up 2player?...I dont really think that would sell,exept for
    die hard fans.The idea of new battles frome tolkien books has already been posted but
    is still a good idea...Then again if the grapics and gameplay made up for it...I guess
    I might have bought it...

8. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I saw something on Battle for Middle Earth 2.

And for the record EA only has a license for the movies. Any Tolkien stuff that wasn't in the movies is off limits.

9. lotr456

Jun 22, 2005

No they bought the liciencing for the other tonkien material a few weeks ago.

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Didn't hear about that.

But here is BfME2

11. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    It looks pretty good, I doubt my PC can handle it though.

12. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

Thanks RW.
    WOW...I hope its as good as it looks...If not better!
    By the way what kind of system recuierments whould I need to play this?
    And can I play versus friends online?
    When starting a new fight will I need to build up my army and deffences again?...
    Is it possible to zoom up close and personal?...I hate fighting with ants!

13. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    The pics look cool, but i have a mac and my pc is retarded. If they could only make it on a console! It looks like they have the Safe Havens in there too. Maybe even the island that Arwen and then later Frodo, Gandalf, and Bilbo were going to go in ROTK.

14. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Yay, a Dwarf faction. I just hope the damn game actually has more good races to play other than Gondor and Rhoan. In the original one Mordor and the Isengard things both sucked...I think. Played that game once, realized how unfun it was and stopped.

15. lotr456

Jun 22, 2005
    Man we should contact EA

16. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    ^^^^^^ Ya we should.

17. lotr456

Jun 22, 2005
    anyone have EAs email

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I now have three of EA's LOTR games. The Two Towers and Return of the King for Game Cube and I got Battle for Middle-Earth for my laptop today. EA has done a truly fantastic job with this franchise and I look forward to checking out BFME2 as well as The Third Age in the near future.

=D= =D=

19. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    The Third Age is a very fun game. I suggest you buy it.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If the quality is anywhere near that of TTT, ROTK and BFME, The Third Age may just go on my Christmas list.

21. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    I haven't played Battle for Middle-Earth, but I'd say it's definitely better than The Two Towers and The Return of the King. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

22. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
  23. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

It looks interesting but I dont think the gameplay will be much better than Gladius
    and that game got WAY to repetitive...I`m afraid this might be as well...
    But the two player VS mode sounds good thoug...I dont have a PSP...
    But I doubt I`d use my money on this game if I had one...But thats my view...

There is a Third Age forum somewhere if you`re interested in that game you should
    check it out.

24. lotr456

Jun 22, 2005
    I thought lord of the rings the third age was done terribly for all you do is walk around and through spells at each other.

(LOTR isn't Pokeman or Harry Poter)

25. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    Um, it's an turned-based RPG. That's what you do in those types of games. Not everything has to be hack-and-slash like The Two Towers or The Return of the King.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.