main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Easier to run. [Kyp] Songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi_Wans_love_child, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Ok so I used to have a story going on here and then life got busy. I got curious to write again and was listening to some linkin park. well all of a sudden I was struck by inspiration. Well maybe it was just gas, but its hard to tell sometimes. So here it is a Kyp Durron piece of fiction by someone who needed to get his writing going again.

Thanks goes out to NarundiJedi who helped with this and I consider a co-author

Without further ado

Easier to Run:

Kyp wandered dazed into his room. His mind was racing with a thousand different thoughts. Most of them made no sense. Not that this was a surprise many of his thoughts had not made sense for most of his life. He still usually listened to them. He had flown into Imperial space with Dorsk 81 when he knew it was insanely dangerous. He had let emotions rule him and allow him to let Exar Kun influence him like no other. He had manipulated many to help destroy a fledgling world ship. Right now the thoughts most prominent in his mind centered around Jaina, Jag, and just what he had gotten himself into. He was putting someone he cared about in danger by allowing himself to feel something he shouldn?t. Things would not end well. It was time to move on, even if he had just declared he would stay.

It's easier to run
    Replacing this pain with something numb
    It's so much easier to go
    Than face all this pain here all alone

He knew he should be alone. He had destroyed a planet. Killed billions. No one knew his pain. No one should know his pain. But he knew that wasn?t true. Someone did know his pain. Someone with whom he was partners.

Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I've kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they've played

He knew she had never seen what he saw. Some nights he woke up sweating, seeing women, children, men, everyone just burst into flame and then crumble into nothingness. But the feelings he had, they had been shared.

(If I could change I would take back the pain I would)
    (Retrace every wrong move that I made I would)
    (If I could stand up and take the blame I would)
    (If I could take all the shame to the grave I would)
    (I would take all my shame to the grave)

There were moments where his life did not make sense. Moments where he knew he should not be where he was. He knew who he owed those moments to. Knew he should do everything in his power to thank the one man who helped him when everyone else thought he should be no more. It had been eating at him, for he knew he was now working against that man for the greater good of the Jedi. Now he was bringing the man's niece into it, and things would never be the same.

He opened his travel pack and started throwing clothes in. He couldn't do this, not to those he had come to hold most dear.

It's easier to run
    Replacing this pain with something numb
    It's so much easier to go
    Than face all this pain here all alone

He paused as he held a blue cape. He never wore it. It was a gift from a thankful shop owner after he had stopped a group from robbing the shop. It was such a deep blue, almost black. Kyp knew why he never wore it, and yet he always kept it with him.

Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past
    Bringing back these memories I wish I didn't have
    Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back
    And never moving forward so there'd never be a past

Even now he could feel the cape flowing behind him, walking on that forest moon. Believing he had become something new. Something to destroy those who had destroyed his family.

(If I could take all the shame to the grave I would)
    (If I could change I

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Awesome work, my friend! =D= If I wasn't currently listening to my husband's very loud trance mix, I'd put the song on again. It's very Kyp-like. :D

If I was in the GFFA, I'd totally give Kyp a hug right now. :p

Jae O:)

3. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    lol i wrote one to this once as well. cept it was way different.

that was absoulty brillient. i lovd it!!

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Very, very nice! I think you got Kyp dead-on, especially at that point in his life. Greatjob!

Dana

5. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Very nice job.
    ~Flame

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A nicely done songfic indeed!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful songfic! =D= And I love your user name, btw! [face_laugh]

8. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Nice take on Kyp. I like it a lot. Especially his own personal acknowledgement that he was working against Luke, who owes everything to. And the cape was a very nice touch. Love the symbols!

9. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    And some replies. :)

NJ: always wonderful and thanks again for helping.

Jaya: I have been bouncing this song and few around in my head. Music tends to inspire story lines. If I can get my butt to writing my other fic I have a few songs that have inspired scenes.

Dana: Thanks I Keep wondering just what else Kyp has going through his mind.

Flaming Sword: I hope this just gets the juices flowing again

Leona: Thanks. Always good to know the management likes something. :)

Vader: The name actually has a dual meaning besides the fact I also found it amusing. check out my other fics to see why.

Zonoma: Thanks :) I always thought Kyp as much as he wanted to do the right thing was a bit too rash and would not think things through, later on it just became his MO and he has had trouble changing.

OWLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.