main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Easter Egg or idiotic nonsense

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by williamericwolff, Apr 21, 2016.

?

Is the image interesting?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

42.9%
  3. Idiotic nonsense

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamericwolff

williamericwolff Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2016
    Okay. Like many people, I'm wondering about a lot of things about TFA.

I speculate that Luke has been watching and somehow communicating with Rey. I get this from many little things, e.g., Lor San Tekka, a friend of Luke, being so near to Rey. This could explain how Rey knows things about the Force. But, one thing in particular, I think Luke has communicated his location to her.

I think this helps explain why Rey was sent to Luke pretty much alone. I mean, she goes with Chewie and R2-D2, but ascends alone. And more importantly, Leia doesn't go with her. And I think when Rey holds out the lightsaber to Luke, she's saying through that gesture that she got his message.

Not everything I see that contributes to my speculation is crazy. But some of it might be. And here's some of the craziness.

We're all wondering about Rey's vision, aren't we? People are speculating all sorts of things. But no one knows anything for sure. Like when Rey sees the ship leave and head into what think can be accurately described as a horizontal bar that changes from yellow to red.

[Aside: For anyone who hasn't noticed it, when we first enter Rey's quarters, there's a little model of Starkiller base next to what appears to be some red plant or something.]

Recall the doll in Rey's quarters? I saw this little thing sticking out, sort of diagonally, from its head. And this bothered me. Really. No reason. Stupid, right? But then I kinda saw a similar arrangement in the map fragment when it was displayed in the Resistance HQ scene. Sort of like seeing constellations in stars. Except the doll is facing left and the arrangement on the map is facing right.

And I noticed, more craziness, that the diagonal line on the map points to what appears to me to the a horizontal bar (red on the Blu ray, more yellow on the DVD).

And now for the real craziness. I reversed the image of the doll and overlaid the little thing on the dolls head with what I saw on the map. The image below is what I got. I added the red lines to highlight the border.

I admit up front that so far no one, out of more than 50 people, thinks anything but that this is idiotic nonsense. But this just doesn't seem reasonable. Among other things, the outline of the map fragment seems to me to match much too closely with the doll.

I'd really like to know what people think about this. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's really all I've got. It's not my intention to troll or anything. But I posted a video on YouTube showing a little better what I did. It's 3 minutes and it may not provide much more, if any, useful information about my idea. I'm just saying it's there.

2. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I see the map fragment, but I don't see at all what you have aligned it with

Satipo and StoneRiver like this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  4. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    Drugs are bad.

Dominus Libertas and B99 like this.
  5. williamericwolff

Apr 8, 2016
    Damn! Can't edit the original post anymore. Sorry. But perhaps these will help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Nope, doesn't help me.

Satipo likes this.
  7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Literally have no idea what I'm looking at

8. Colwyn Ren

Colwyn Ren Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Here is what I think you are saying. I think you are saying that Luke Skywalker sent rey a message. I think you are saying that Luke Skywalker was able to send rey the message through the alignment of the stick sticking out of the doll's head. I think you are saying that ret noticed that the stick is reversed and the angle of the taking off spaceship were both the same. I think you are saying that the reverse angle of the stick and the angle of the ship taking off matched the angle of the line pointing to the planet Luke is on. I think you are saying that reyunderstood that all of these things taken together are not a coincidence. I think you are saying that Luke Skywalker sent these three coincidences to her deliberately so that was she would understand that it is she who has to come alone.

These are the individual things that I think you are trying to say. If you could please respond by telling me which of these things are accurate. Please do not give me any new information just tell me the things that are accurate thank you

9. williamericwolff

Apr 8, 2016
    I'm saying that she knows things without knowing that she knows them.

Luke did not send the message through the doll. Rey made the doll. When she made the doll, she included things without understanding them.

In her lightsaber vision, she saw the ship take off and head into a yellow/red light. Almost certainly, she literally saw the ship take off. But certainly she didn't literally see the yellow/red light. That has a meaning that is not obvious, probably as much to her as to us.

She also has in her mind the ocean and island.

Rey doesn't necessarily notice the coincidence between the various things and put them together. But when she sees the map fragment, she knows what it means.

Rey almost certainly doesn't decide to go to Luke alone. Rey couldn't just decide to take the Millennium Falcon and R2-D2. And Chewie wouldn't just go along with her. Leia must be sending her to Luke. So, Rey must have convinced Leia et al. that she (Rey) is the One to go, without necessarily trying to convince them. Why would she? Unless at some point she understands who she is and what she must do. But whatever the case may be, it must be clear to everyone. And there's no other source of information for that decision except what is in Rey's mind.

10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Nah

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    All I see are naked people.

12. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    something like that.

Wut? o_O

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I don't think there's much discussion to be had here. I'm gonna lock this one.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.