main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Easter eggs in RotS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth_Julio, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i didn't see any multicolored eggs in the movie...

;)

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Bail Organa's speeder is a homage to the Tucker automobile -- George Lucas was executive producer of Tucker: The Man and His Dream, directed by his friend Francis Ford Coppola.

A hot rod driven by Sen. Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits). It's based on the front of a Tucker that is parked at Skywalker Ranch. "George is an avid car fan, and when they were designing that car, he actually sent them over to the garage to take pictures of the Tucker," says Rob Coleman, animation director on the film.
    http://starbulletin.com/2005/05/20/features/story1.html

3. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    previous SW film references

TPM:
    -the ship flying into the huge freighter with the door closing (like Anakin does)
    -the destroyer droids in front of the door (Qui Gon and Obi)

AOTC:
    -can't remember

ANH:
    -"you're shorter than I expected"

ESB: i guess someone said the stance of anakin vs. obi in the saber fight

ROTJ:
    -the speeder bike shots
    -the way palpatine is sitting watching anakin fight dooku is a lot like how he watches luke vs. vader

4. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    "Just before Anakin walks in on Palpatine, Palpatine can be seen studying a red diagram on thescreen (which he shuts off when Anakin comes in). The red diagram is of course, plans for the Death Star."

Are u sure? because if you are right there would be a big goof/joke. if you look more closely, the display also shows a symbol of a ship with a route going on the equatorial trench. probably showing its only weakness.

5. Girthy005

Girthy005 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    did anyone notice in the scene where sidious is talking to anakin about being his "Contact" for him to the council, there is a shot where you can see into a back room, and i swear i saw has solo frozen in carbonite up aginist the wall(From the EMpier Strikes back, jabba has him in is palace). maby lucas put this in for fun, can anyone confirm this?

6. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Not an egg but when skywalker is flying his jedi starfighter in the opening battle the sound of his ship speeding up is the same noise made when skywalker boost his way past Sebulba in the pob race finish. in short the podracer and the starfighter sound the same.

7. jedi-mike-cost

jedi-mike-cost Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2003
    was thrawn supposed to be in this

8. martyz24

martyz24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    OK, in the battle scenes of Kashyyyk, we see 2 wookies (one I assumed was Chewbacca) swoop in on ropes to attack an Empire ground ship, as they swing in I heard the classic 'Tarzan' jungle yell.

Should I have my ears checked?

9. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    No Martyr...no need for a test... you heard right.

10. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Something I noticed, i THINK palpatine was actaully looking at plans for the death star when anakin enters to tell him they located greivous (this is when palps claims hes a sith) It was in a red hologram infront of his face, but he turns it off really fast and all i could make out was a reddish orange circle/sphere

11. anotherstarwarsfan

anotherstarwarsfan Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    pretty sure i saw Palpatine looking at the death star plans, and that was probably the weakness he was looking at, but could have been something else. I also heard the tusken raider yell, but i think that was there on purpose.

12. OBIGLENNKENOBI

OBIGLENNKENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    ok,so my take on it is that SALPORIN,a wookiee from the Thrawn trilogy,Heir to the empire etc etc was the actual EU character in the film.he was one of Chewie's friends

13. magickcache

magickcache Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    jf26028:
    I'm pretty sure the model Luke's playing with in ANH is a model of a T-16 Skyhopper, a vehicle referred to in the movie, but not actually seen. There's a whole scene with it in the NPR Radio Drama though.

Easter Eggs:
    This is kinda dumb and I may be totally wrong, but near the end of ROTS on the Tantive IV the belt buckle of either Bail or Antilles has an emblem that looks like the head of an alien seen in the cantina scene in ANH.

14. Larmo

Larmo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Tarzan yell was lame.

Also, you are right about the red death star (though it's not well defined)

15. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    This is not an egg but a mirror: When Palpatine is saying: "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!", he has his face turned exactly as he does in ROTJ...which is kind of cool, since he is my fav. character!

dartho'night

16. jksaenz

jksaenz Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    did anyone notice the Tantive do not have gun torrents? or is me??
    of course, upgrades...

notice: 1 yv1300
    no 1138 ...??

i see ...notice something in the rescue of yoda by bail organa...his speeder...i knew i have seen before...now i know (from TUCKER )

17. The_Droid

The_Droid Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I'm not certain but I am resonably sure I saw Harry, the bigfoot from "Harry and the Hendersons" amongst the Wookies in first shot of them all. I could swear a saw a Wookie with a baldish head and his distictive white beard. Am I seeing things? Someone PLEASE confirm (or deny) this for me?

Mike K

18. jksaenz

jksaenz Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Similarities:

one is obiwan touching his bear when delivers luke to beru...ala Sir Alec Guiness

3po, as pilot to padme...remove almost the background and almost see 3po as driver in the speeder with luke

19. KDBANG

KDBANG Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Did anyone notice the separist ships at the begining look ALOT like the rebels ships in ROTJ?

20. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    notice: 1 yv1300
    If the 'v' key was next to the 't' key, then I would've thought you just made a mistake. But, no. It's YT-1300, and it IS the MF.
    Did anyone notice the separist ships at the begining look ALOT like the rebels ships in ROTJ?
    [image=http://www.starwars-tw.com/story/vehicles/rebel/rebeltransport.jpg]
    [image=http://www.maj.com/gallery/R4P17DC/fbtbprofilework/rotsinvisiblehand.jpg]
    kind of.

21. KDBANG

KDBANG Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    no but seriously, look at the scene right before they jump into hyperspace in ROTJ. They look very similar to the separist ships at the begining of ROTS.

22. Darth_Hehoe

Darth_Hehoe Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    As someone said before... that thing Anakin was playin' with in his hands while on a couch, did look like a PSP, heh.

23. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    The Forceboat was in the Kashyyyk shot

24. rsmith_2006

rsmith_2006 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I don't think anyone has noticed this, but at the end of RotS, it shows Luke's uncle and aunt (I forget what their names are, I think the uncle is Lars or something) standing with Luke looking off towards the suns. Well, if you remember, in ANH, Luke is in that exact same scene, looking towards the suns as well.

25. Whiney_Farmboy

Whiney_Farmboy Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2004
    "This is where the fun begins..." Anakin ROTS

"This is where the fun begins..." Han ANH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.