main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Easter eggs in RotS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth_Julio, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mace_may_pawn_u

mace_may_pawn_u Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    darth michagin, you are exactly correct in saying it looked et-ish.

i even said it out loud in the theater so people could here me when i saw it!!!!

2. Darth_Achtung

Darth_Achtung Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    I looked for the Palps hologram during my fourth screening today, and I'm pretty sure it's not the Death Star. You can't see the smaller circle that's the weapon (whatever it's called), and it has a pattern on it that makes it look like a regular planet, not the Death Star.

Nice catch on the 2001 shot, I noticed that too.

3. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    i dont know where to look for george. i didnt here padme say "hayden" and i didnt ever see a millenium falcon :(

4. mace_may_pawn_u

mace_may_pawn_u Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    rts, that was so blatently obvious that nobody even mentioned it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (anh scene at end of rots)

5. chanster

chanster Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 1999
    Definitely the Death Star in Palp's screen. You can see the big gun turret running through it. I think he is looking at the trench run when it turns off. Thats a joke see....

6. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Gotta love the ET moments:

The scene in which Aayla Secura(sp?) gets killed by the clones; the CGI vegetation of the planet was originally the garden inside of ET's spaceship.

The scene in which Yoda parts with the whookies; ("Goodbye Chewbacca...") The little ship, the way the door closed in on Yoda, and the way it took off into the sky was all a re-creation of the end of ET.

7. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    What was that thing Padmae was wearing as a necklace? It looked like an aliens face. From the scene when Anakin wakes up from his nightmare.

Also, when General Grevious is getting away in the escape pod, it looks like he his heading towards a Federation Battleship with a blue "Empire" symbol painted on it.

8. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    i dont get it. how is it an ANH ending?

9. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    The Order 66 sequence with the executions of the various Jedi's intercut across the galaxy was reminescent of the Godfather films directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

10. thegreenguy

thegreenguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or not, but it was a funny bit of humor:

C3PO says "I think I'm finally getting a hang of this flying business." (or something of that sort)

In ANH, he says "I forgot how much I hate flying"...

I dunno, i thought it was interesting, with the whole foreshadowing of the memory wipe and all haha

11. sonic3305

sonic3305 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Not a Star Wars-related easter egg, but it was nice to hear a Wilhelm scream towards the beginning of the film. It's been used too often lately, though, it's not an in-joke anymore. :(

12. brimforge

brimforge Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    > hmm, imdb says Bulloch also played an imperial officer on ESB. I'll have to watch out for him.

Yes, he is in the scene when Solo is transported to Fett's ship .. he grabs Leia when Luke shoots at the troopers

> What was that thing Padmae was wearing as a necklace? It looked like an aliens face. From the scene when Anakin wakes up from his nightmare.

It's the carving Anakin gave her in TPM ;)

Wow, now I need to see RotS again and again - all those eggs ... I saw the MF too, told it to my buddy *g*

13. Darth_Menace

May 11, 2002
    i didnt see ANY! :(

14. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    I also saw the Star Wars logo at the beginning of the film along with an opening crawl and the same theme music used in the other 5 films. Watch out for it! :p

15. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    "It's the carving Anakin gave her in TPM"
    No not that thing Anakin gave her. I ment the alien face looking thing she has on her nightgown/necklace.

16. chinoloco99

chinoloco99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    jf26028,
    You are wrong. Luke is playing with a t-16 skyhopper.

17. brimforge

brimforge Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    2 things struck me:

Grievious swirling his blades reminded me of "The Black Hole" when the Robot Maximillian kills someone ...

and when Anakin laid on the lava shore - he kind of crawls like the Terminator ;)

Oh well, the Tarzan cry was in RotJ too ...

18. quizkid82

quizkid82 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    When Obi-Wan and Grievous are side-by-side during the chase, Obi-Wan plunges the bodyguard's weapon into the wheel of Grievous' bike, and the sound effect used is that of the machine gun fire hitting the giant gong at the beginning of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

19. doggie

doggie Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    When the factory on Mustfar is starting to fall apart (I think just after they hit the controls)

The sound is the same as when the deathstar has been shot in rotj

(when luke is talking to vader with helmet off)

20. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    Did everyone see Jon Knoll in the opera scene. He's in the box next to Palpatine. From the Palpatine angle with Anakin in the foreground you can see him talking to a woman. She's probably somebody as well, maybe Trisha Biggar but I couldn't tell.

http://img226.echo.cx/my.php?image=jonknoll7gs.png

Everyone see George as well in the same scene just as Anakin races up the stairs and in to Palpatine's box he's stood on the left nodding his head with his daughter ! I couldn't help but go there he is there he is !

http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=george2gw.png

21. Darth_Achtung

Darth_Achtung Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    When Obi-Wan climbs out of the water on Utapau, there's a shot of a probe droid floating by looking for him. The sound effect is the same that's used for the probot in V.

22. sideshowtob

sideshowtob Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 2000
    Edit : I just noticed that Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 had pointed out the same thing.

23. tallyoda

tallyoda Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    I Saw Tarkin. That'd be sweet if thrawn was there!

24. Senator_Foster

Senator_Foster Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    I'm not sure where to post this but I'll try: was it just me or did anyone else hear that Palpatine pretty much explained how Anakin was concieved? Let me know if anyone else caught this

25. sgulati

sgulati Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    My eyes might have deceived me since I was TRYING to find easter eggs throughout the movie, but did anyone notice Laurence Fishburne sitting in the senate pod behind Padme during one of the scenes where the chancellor was addressing the senate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.