main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Easter eggs in RotS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth_Julio, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessLeimanda

PrincessLeimanda Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry if someone else has already pointed this out..but I saw the 1138 on a droid's back. I can't remember the exact scene, possibly somewhere around when Palps gives the 66 command, but it's on a droid that looks like the ones jar jar pushes over after the battle in EpI.

2. Tyche

Tyche Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    According to him, during the scene on the Star Destroyer bridge, where Palpatine, Tarkin, and Vader are watching the Death Star, he saw a guy with "blue skin and glowing red eyes." I was watching the Death Star and didn't notice. Do you think he saw Thrawn?
    ----------------------------------------------------

No way! I liked the nod to Tarkin and Deathstar and I did notice the 'Millenium Falcon' mentioned earlier. Also when Yoda and Palpy fight on the chancellor's podium there is a point where they use the same lightsaber positions as Kenobi and Vader in ANH.

A nod to the dry humor of Obi-Wan when he was forced to use a blaster to kill Grievous.

We briefly see Palpy's ROTJ re-made throne-room chair.

ps-nice sig and avatar Jedi_326

3. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    Did everyone see Jon Knoll in the opera scene.

Yes. Laurence Fishburne? No. I'm not saying he wasn't there, but I did not notice him.

4. DexterJettster28

DexterJettster28 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    On Mustafar, just before Anakin/Vader enters the room to kill all the sepratists, notice the mini-mouse robots scurrying away from Anakin/Vader, similar to the mouses on the Death Star floors in ANH.

5. MasterRockhound

MasterRockhound Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    During the opera scene you can see the vader mask in the center bubble

6. Capt_Page

Capt_Page Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    I believe Rick McCallum's daughter (Mousy) was also in the hologram fighting Anakin. I also think she was one of the youngling bodies Yoda and Obi Wan encounter - ponytailed, lying with her back to the camera to Ewan's left.

EDIT:

According to him, during the scene on the Star Destroyer bridge, where Palpatine, Tarkin, and Vader are watching the Death Star, he saw a guy with "blue skin and glowing red eyes." I was watching the Death Star and didn't notice. Do you think he saw Thrawn?
    ----------------------------------------------------

No way! I liked the nod to Tarkin and Deathstar and I did notice the 'Millenium Falcon' mentioned earlier.

Tarkin was obvious, of course. I didn't see Thrawn but it would definitely be cool if he was there. Also, my friend swears one of the officers in the crew pit is Ensign Needa - Captain Needa in ESB.

7. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Yea, they have the same sound effect too!

8. tallyoda

tallyoda Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Everyone heard Organa talk to Captain Antilles, right?

9. crackvader

crackvader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2000

The scene where Anakin is talking with Padme in her bedroom (right after he learns that he will not become a Master)is shot for shot, angle for angle EXACTLY the same as the one in AOTC where Anakin claims to be better than Obi-Wan.

Cool nod.

10. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    and when Anakin laid on the lava shore - he kind of crawls like the Terminator

Well, there are only so many ways for a biped with no legs and only one arm to crawl.

11. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    Not sure what scene it was but I saw the republic starship that was in Knights of the Old Republic. It is the ship that its front looks like a sideways hammerhead shark. I think it was during the scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan are talking in the temple and are walking past a couple of big windows. Or it might have been the scene where Anakin and Padme are looking at each other from far away. Anyway you see it in the distance.

12. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I noticed the Imperial guards at the Opera house before the Empire was formed.

13. flaggpup

flaggpup Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    Obi using the blaster nods to Han using the lightsabre in ESB. They become the only two characters to use weapons other than their normal.

14. Lord_Ajunta_Paul

Lord_Ajunta_Paul Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Yay I saw something not posted!

Anyways you have to play Star Wars: Republic Commado.

1. On the red-brown planet (I forgot the name) where grievous went to hide. Right before order 66 I think you see some clone combat. One clone jumps on a droid and pulls off a cool move. That is delta_38 the leader of the commandos. His paint and armor is the exact same. Though in the game he was stationed on Kashyyk. Only a commando could pull of that move.

2. Also from the game was Tarfall (sp), who you rescue from Grievous' personal gaurds in the game as delta_38. You see him when yoda flees Kashyyk in that little pod thing.

3. On the star destoryer at the ending scene with Darth Vader you see the admiral from ANH (forgot name again sorry). This was obvious but I don't know if it has been said.

4. You can tell that in the same scene the consoles in the star destroyer have been dumbed down to fit the older ones of ANH.

5. Yet again in the same scene where did the clone commanders go? and where did these british blokes come from?

6. For those of you who really like ET in AOTC there are ET creatures in the senate agreeing with something. I forget when exactly but they are hopping up and down. They are clearly ETs.

7. You would have to have watched the clone wars animated series, but General grievous is coughing furiously because mace windu had done a force crush to his chest, crushing whatever organs he had. Notice that the coughing died down as the movie went on. This is probably why he didn't kick Obi-Wan's a#! because he had been able to take on 5 jedi at once in the clone wars. 2 of them were masters.

On the planet mentioned in #1 where have I seen those aliens before that ruled it?

---------------------
    Obi using the blaster nods to Han using the lightsabre in ESB. They become the only two characters to use weapons other than their normal.
    ---------------------
    ANH: "It's not as random or as clumsy as a blaster." -Obi Wan

ROTS: "How uncivilized" - Obi Wan

15. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Also, Obi-Wan calls the blaster "so uncivilized" a reminder of his ANH line regarding sabres.

16. mezzmor

mezzmor Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    This will really cook your noodle.

Check out Obi-Wan's tunic in ANH. He has a gray patch on his right shoulder, EXACTLY where he had the big burn-hole that you can plainly see when he is on the Tantive after fighting Anakin.

Now check out Yoda's tunic in ESB. There is a tear on the left side of his tunic, exactly where it was torn after his fall in the senate.

17. Darth_Achtung

Darth_Achtung Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    That's great, mezzmor. I also noticed that when Anakin burns up, you can clearly see the gash over his left eye, which is where you see the wound in ROTJ.

18. Darth_Achtung

Darth_Achtung Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Oh, and I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating:

When Obi-Wan leaves Mustafar, he's seen in the cockpit next to 3PO, putting his fingers on his forehead. It's the exact same gesture Alec Guinness uses when he sits down after Alderaan gets blown up in IV.

19. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Not nearlt as cool as mezzmar's ones, but in ROTS, Obi-Wan's under tunick is chocolate brown, as oppoesed to the cream of the other PT films. And in ANH it's chocolate brown, too.

20. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    I noticed Needa! That was awesome!

21. DoOrDoNotNoTry

DoOrDoNotNoTry Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 12, 1999
    During the opera scene you can see the vader mask in the center bubble

I thought I saw this too, but I figured it was just me WANTING to see it there.

There's one part where it zooms in ever so slightly and Anakin and Palpatine are slowly taken out of the frame so that the shot focus' on the ballet. As soon as I saw this, I said to myself "Vader's mask." So maybe it's something subliminal going on there or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I noticed the Imperial guards at the Opera house before the Empire was formed.

If you were REALLY paying attention to AOTC you would have noticed they were THERE too! Their title just changed when it went from the republic to the empire.

23. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Anyone know if obiwan saying "sith lords is our SPECIALTY" in a weird intonation a nod to Alec Guiness?

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Why would it be a nod to him? I thought it was just typical Obi-Wan humor.

25. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    This will really cook your noodle.

Check out Obi-Wan's tunic in ANH. He has a gray patch on his right shoulder, EXACTLY where he had the big burn-hole that you can plainly see when he is on the Tantive after fighting Anakin.

Now check out Yoda's tunic in ESB. There is a tear on the left side of his tunic, exactly where it was torn after his fall in the senate.

So in 17 some odd years, Obi-Wan and Yoda can't be bothered to find a change of clothes.

I wonder if they've had a shower since ROTS to ANH and ESB.

Ewwwww. [face_sick];)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.