main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq EBAY Deals and Steals

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I've seen that Biker scout set. It's very nice. Also pretty expensive. And it's a touchy subject among the scouts - recasting someone else's armor. I don't know why, but it is. I don't see much flak about it amongst Stormies, but for some reasons, the folks who've made biker scout armor molds are VERY protective over their copyrighted work. Yeah, I don't get it either...

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey guys finally got my bank...came in the lightsaber is broken...

I gave the buy a bad review for all the crap and he toatlly lied in his review of me-I am so upset right now!

Name of guy: treknician1701g

His reveiw of me: Waited three weeks for payment, then wanted me to ship overnight!!! and RUDE!!!

I can't believe this! Argh... then I messed up my reply and put the wrong date on when I contact him... I am just glad I have records showing a paid on 6/23 and it closed 6/22

I swear some people are so touchy, I can't believe him... oh well he sucks.

3. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Ugh! Sorry that went bad on ya varza! Hopefully, ebay will work it all out.

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah i am just glad I don't buy on ebay that much, i guess after using it for 6 and some years one bad experience isn't that bad. I just wish I could remember by old ebay ID...

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza,
    I just read his feedback....he has had a few bad transactions it looks like!!!

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah especially recently... I have noticed as well he is pretty nasty if he gets bad feedback from people...

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  8. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    That is a deal...so far!

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Only 2 and 1/2 hours left on it.

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  11. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I have a set of the unpainted mandalorian armor... it is OK... but it is what made me want to start casting and molding... there is no real detail or depth to it...

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, how much depth and detail is there to the mandalorian stuff? Not much, is there?

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Bob

I know, at first glance you would think that, but after I started studying the pix to see the paint details, I saw a lot of detailing... which would need to be vacu-formed or cast to capture... so I stopped working with the Sintra and started gearing up for casting.
    But the Sintra would be a cheap, quick and easy way to make less detailed armor if someone needed some fast. I have the guy's templates if we ever want to try.

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey, all... I'm getting ready to order another Radio Shack voice amp (as gecko mentioned at the con, they are no longer sold in the US, just Canada) and wondered if anyone else will need one? We can save on the shipping. These are the best voice amps, they are what Danny and I use with our armor, and Gecko has one too (but it got forceably torn out somehow...) ;)
    Anyone interested? Here is the link (sorry, it won't let me hyperlink this)

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=RadioShack&category=MeetingMicrophones&product=3212015 then search for item# 3212015
    Also does anyone want that purple Mace saber before I put it on Ebay? Special Mos Alba inner circle pricing!

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    $38 US? I'll take one of those. I'm not sure where I'd mount it, though. Suggestions about that before you order?

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I don't know if that armor really looks like CE armor. it really doesnt to me.

and how come the US radio shacks do not carry those any more?

17. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi
    $38? Did it have a US price and a Canadian price? It looks to me like it is going to charge the $49... let me know!

Danny kept his unit intact and wore it by it's belt clip. I took mine apart. On Fett, I'm going to take it apart, but use the nice loud speaker inside in one of the pockets of the suit. Biker Scouts have a lot of good hinding places, as well...

18. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey, JK Birr...

I don't know why they discontinued them in the US! Wierd!

CE armor? Is that someone who is making armor (I don't know all of the current makers)
    But, like I said Sintra looks better than nothing, but it is pretty much flat, smooth and feature-less. If CE armor is cast from the Don Post Fett statue, it has a lot more detail...
    Especially the knees

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    CE is crimson empire, the comics that the armor was introduced in(im am pretty sure any way).

It just does not look right to me though.

[image=http://i17.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/a7/f0/89_1.JPG]

it should be more defined. its just basic armor to me, and not CE armor.

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/swfigs4/KirKanosReal.jpg]

its not bad work in anyway I dont think( i dont know much about making armor).

20. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, OK... you're right, I think it is a problem of not enough detail again. It would be like making the stormtrooper shoulder bells without the ridge...

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hmmmm, I don't know about the price on that, Ken! I figured since it was the Canadian site, it's showing Canadian dollar prices, ay.

If it's $49 US, then I won't go for one just yet, ay.

:p

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Looks like we can't get 'em anyway, eh!
    Jess! Do you know people getting the Canadian Radio Shack Voice Amps? It won't let you order unless you are shipping to a Canadian address, eh!

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I should be able to have them shipped to one of my cousin's house. Let me know how many?

24. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    That CE looks like crap. It doesnt even come close to what it shuld be.

eDIT(hehe..shamless ebay joke): OK to clarify that stuff looks like it is made and painted well.but to call it CE armor is wrong.That would be like me playing with legos and trying to pass my self off as a bricklayer.After reviewing the sellers other stuff he looks like he knows how to make good stuff. Mac, we need to get off our bootys and build our guard stuff.

25. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    and when i try to be diplomatic about something, I always forget zac speaks his mind [face_laugh]

and then some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.