main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ebay, ebay selling dvds....AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ellbobin, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=154&item=7912747609&rd=1

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    and is this one, Im not sure about its 'fam filmyness' http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6309720626&rd=1

3. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    At ease, trooper. The Troops disc is a promotional DVD that came bundled with the first issue of a now-defunct magazine called "Total Movie" (which the seller is also offering).

Notice that it also has trailers from movies that were current at the time: Pearl Harbor, Blair Witch 2, Unbreakable, Chicken Run, The Perfect Storm and so on.

It's a fully-authorized used DVD being offered for sale. No laws are being broken.

As for George Lucas In Love, that too is fully legal to sell. You can get it on Amazon.com if you like.

4. anth

anth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2004
    I just sent him a nice e-mail. :)

*Edit* Ooops. *LOL* ah well. it was a nice e-mail really. Just a word of warning about selling fan films in general. boy do i have a red face. :p

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Down boy.

6. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    I think you guys better get your facts straight before jumping the gun and ending up looking like idiots.

7. Nic-Kan2344

Nic-Kan2344 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2003
    i think there should be a new rule that if people are selling fan films on ebay you should just send em an email and not post it here...

BTW guys, check out my new icon!

8. anth

anth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2004
    Very nice icon! :)

And ur right i need to chill out. My gf said if i dont stop stressing i'm not allowed on the computer anymore. *L*

I'll go and have a chuckle at that ultimate fan films thread....

9. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I think we need an official "fanfilms on eBay" thread. If anyone sees a fanfilm pop up on eBay, they post it in the thread, and in the first post we explain that the GL in Love, Troops and Hardware Wars DVDs are legal.

Or something.

10. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, that'd probably be the best idea.

Azeem? Max? It'd get more attention with mod colors next to the post title.

11. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    It's an interesting idea. I'll take it up with the other staff.

12. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    "Additional Content: Movie Trailers - Pearl Harbor Bedazzled The Exorcist Blair Witch 2 Unbreakable The Ladies Man The Specials Cherry Falls X-Men Gladiator Chicken Run The Perfect Storm Gone in 60 Seconds Titan A.E.

Behind the Scenes: Romeo Must Die Any Given Sunday Chicken Run The Legen of Bagger Vance Me, Myself & Irene

DVD Releases: SCREAM 3 (EXTRAS) Chasing Amy Cannibal-The Musical"

huh???

13. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    I actually have that DVD, I bought the magazine just for a DVD of troops.

14. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Or people could stop running and crying to momma everytime someone else is breaking rules. Like you're gonna get a merit badge or something for turning them in!

15. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003

..a man can dream, can't he?

*sniff*

16. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    i think there should be a new rule that if people are selling fan films on ebay you should just send em an email and not post it here...

I agree. Either that or keep ONE Ebay thread going. We don't need a new one every week. Overall, I don't mind terribly being posted here because I'm sure that getting an inbox full of nasty Emails from us is probably a good deterant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.