main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~eBay has exactly what you need~

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by -JW-, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -JW-

-JW- Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, your spouse or parents might decide to argue the term 'need' in that title, but :p to them! ;)

We all know you can find stormtrooper armour and lightsabers on there, but I'm just going to use this thread to showcase some of the more unique and awesome items that can be found on eBay currently, and update it often. :) Feel free to add links of your own, since these are outdated fast...oh, and if you happen to actually purchase one of these, let us know! :D

Jurist edit: Links removed, see below for reason. :)

2. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Are these your own auctions? The forum FAQ frowns upon just posting any old auction.

6. I found an eBay auction for a prop? Should I post it here?

Do not post eBay auctions unless:

*You have the permission of the seller
    *You are a bidder on that auction. It is unfair to screw someone out of a deal if you are n't even bidding on it.
    *You suspect that the auction is scam or is ridiculous (e.g. real working lightsabres, Tatooine sand, etc.)

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Beat me to it STP

4. -JW-

-JW- Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2001
    I wasn't aware of that, my apologies. I started one of these several years back in this forum and it was rather well received. If the rules have changed and this is in fact against them, feel free to lock it. :)

But I imagine that is done in part so everybody doesn't post a thread called "Look, a lightsaber on eBay!" and we get flooded and lose focus, this is one thread that covers all of eBay for all time ;) And as for bidding on them...how sad, yes I am in fact bidding on *some* of those items! :eek:

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    "If the rules have changed and this is in fact against them"

This is against the rules. What is listed above by Stormtrooperprincess is copied out of the rules. If it is a change from the past I can't say but that has been the rules for some time now.

The reason it is frowned upon is this; If you are bidding on an item and no one else has seen it yet you may get by with a lower price.

Basically look at it this way. How would you feel if you were the highest bidder on the last day and then someone posts a link here that day and next thing you know there are 50 people bidding on it and it goes out of your price range. That is the main reason why you must be one of the folks involved in the auction.

like it says, That way your not messing with someone else?s deal. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.