main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

eBay makes me laugh

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by DonC, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Just for the heck of it I checked out eBay's CII stuff. Oh man was that fun, people are trying to con others into buying the most worthless junk! How many thousands of postcards were made? People were trying to get $5 for one! And saying the program sold out is an outright lie yet they were doing so. Loads of fun, and most of these people weren't getting bids, which was also funny.

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    lol... eBay is good for other things though... but that sucal figure for 80+ bucks, I DONT THINK SO!!!!

3. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    The funny thing I saw was someone trying to sell the free grab bags with flyers they handed everyone with the 3D chips.

4. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I was very surprised to see autographed pics of Carrie Fisher from C2 going for over a $100 on almost every auction.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't like how they did the grab bag giveaway thing. I didn't even know that they existed or where to find them until Saturday or Sunday. Those of us who had non-fan club passes already just walked in, and there wasn't anything there. The bags were sitting on a table over by where people bought passes.

If I had known earlier, I would have gotten a few bags, just for the 3D star pics inside.

6. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I agree about the bags... I didn't even know about them until Saturday night when people we had met had an extra bag they every so nicely gave to us. I think they should have been handing them out at the door or some such thing. Maybe next time. But then again isn't there always one thing when you go to these Convention/Celebration things that you see on ebay or a website afterwords and go, "Damn..where was I for that?". But yea ebay does make me laugh too. Even though I ended up buying those Singapore postcards through it for pretty cheap so it can be nice sometimes.

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I ended up with 7 bags, but only kept 2, the others were for co-workers.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I got a bag a day. But who would be stupid to buy postcards of all things from C2.

9. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Bags, what bags? Postcards? Wow, I was there 3 days from 7 until 5. No one gave me a bag, nor did I see postcards (not that I would have bought them, but I might have!). Arrgghh! Can we say Organizational Skills Classes?

10. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Just for clarification.. I found the postcards on ebay and baught them there. No postcards at C2. Speaking of that...anyone have any idea what the "magnets" they were sposta have for sale at the C2 store but were "not available"?

11. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    we stumbled upon the bags saturday because we left the convention center for lunch. we did the same sunday and got a bag than as well. it would have been difficult for them to hand them out as people were coming in, they had to keep that line moving. postcards? never saw those.

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    For the record, the postcard I was refering to was the one every hotel, store, homeless person living on the street seemingly had thousands of that they were giving away. To get a goodie bag, witch also had the postcard, you had to go to the registration area and ask for one.

13. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    The kicker on there was some guy selling the so called "program" from the concert saturday night.
    I was there and its a folded paper with the songs listed on there.
    The guy was trying to get 40.00 for it. Havent checked to see if he did sell it, but what a joke.
    Its amazing to see everyone trying to make a fortune on their freebies.
    What a sham!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.