main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

eBooks and the Jedi Council

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Halcyon, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Halcyon

Darth_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Just rolling two questions into one thread so I take up less space and time...

1. Are the eBooks from the NJO-series worth purchasing/reading? I'm fine sitting in a nice chair or on the couch reading even the worst of Star Wars novels, but sitting at the computer and reading doesn't seem nearly as enticing to me. Any input would be appreciated as the first eBook is next in the timeline for me.

2. What NJO book does the Jedi Council come back in? Just curious as I was having a discussion about it with a friend this past weekend. Thanks!

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    1. You can get (some of) them in the paperbacks.
    2. Destiny's Way.

3. Darth_Halcyon

May 28, 2005
    Where might I find 'Recovery' or 'Ylesia' in paperback form? Del-Ray's website says it's an eBook and Amazon.com only provides the eBook version for sale as well. But in any case, IF these aren't available in paperback, which has been true so far, are the eBooks worth it? I recall that Troy Denning's books weren't too bad, but I've not heard of Walter Williams....

4. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Recovery - in the paperback of Star by Star
    Ylesia - supposed to be in the paperback of Destiny's Way, forgot to put it in the paperback of Destiny's Way, will be in the paperback of The Joiner King, can be downloaded from starwars.com

For the record, Ylesia was an awesome read.

5. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    You can download Ylesia for free from TOS. I'm sure someone greater than I will be able to provide a link for you.

6. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20030826.html

Not that I'm making any pretence of greatness here, though...

7. Darth_Halcyon

May 28, 2005
    Who has read Recovery? Worth it or no?

8. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Seeing as you'll be reading Star by Star soon enough anyway, yeah, go for it.

9. Darth_Halcyon

May 28, 2005
    Alright cool. I take it Star by Star is great? That seems to be the general concensus around these sectors... ;)

10. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    If you have a PDA, they make reading ebooks much more enjoyable. I have almost all my star wars books in ebook form, and it's great being able to carry around 60 or so books in my pocket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.