main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Echoes in Destiny" - coauthor Vader/Ani/Ami AU - *update 6/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Double_Sting, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Well welcome to this story. First of all my coauthors who will be working with me on this are DarkLady27 and Darth_Fruitcake. :D

Before I put up the first post here is the background/setting and all that usual good stuff to set up the story:

Title: Echoes in Destiny
    Type: Alternate Universe
    Timeframe: Late Episode III
    Primary Characters: Anakin/Vader, Padme, Obi-Wan, Emperor Palpatine
    Secondary Characters: Boba Fett, The Emperor's Reach, generic bad guys (somebody needs to get beat up, right? :D )

Setup:
    It is sometime in Episode III. Anakin Skywalker has turned to the dark side and has taken on the title of Darth Vader. This fact is only known by a select few people (the Jedi, Padme and the Emperor) - the rest all believe that Anakin Skywalker is deceased.At this point he has not had his climatic duel with Obi-Wan so is without the injuries that can be seen in ROTJ.

The Jedi purge is on and only a handful of the once powerful Jedi remain. Included in their ranks are Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace Windu. Vader has been placed in charge of seeing to it that these remaining survivors are eradicated to seal Palpatine's claim to the galaxy.

Meanwhile a rebellion is slowly brewing. It is lead by three former senators: Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme Skywalker. While Padme is in full support of the rebellion, her real motive is to try and bring back her Anakin Skywalker. Of course the others suspect nothing of this as they do not know that the feared Darth Vader is in fact Anakin.

The Emperor realizes that Padme Skywalker is still a threat as his newest apprentice still harbors his feelings for her. Looking to strike a blow that will seal Vader's loyalty and crush the rebellion he orders his personal assassin, the Emperor's Reach, to find Padme and to kill her.

Vader is unaware of the Emperor's plan, but has a plan of his own nonetheless. His heart aching for his love he decides to have her brought to him in secret. He contacts a young bounty hunter, Boba Fett, for the mission - hoping that the Emperor will not notice.

But things are still further complicated. Obi-Wan realizes that Padme may be his last chance to bring his apprentice back to the light side. The other Jedi, however, refuse to share his optimism and pronounce Anakin a lost cause. Much like his master would have done, Obi-Wan ignores their warnings and decides to find Padme with the hope of turning his former apprentice.

First post up soon. Feedback - as always - is appreciated and encouraged!

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Sounds interesting. You have your first reader here.

Am [face_love]

3. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    I had a premonition that you would show up? ;) :D

When do you plan on updating ItMF by the way?

4. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    Well here is the first post:

Darth Vader stood alone on the bridge of his flagship - the newly constructed Star Destroyer Vengeance.

He was wearing his normal attire again today. A dark black suit with a rather odd looking mask and a long cape. The suit afforded him comfort - a shield to hide behind as he carried out his merciless missions that the Emperor assigned. It also served to strike fear into the hearts of any who saw it.

To any outside observer he looked like the picture of calmness. A Sith lord who operated with ruthless efficiency with nothing on his mind but the will to serve his master. But Darth Vader knew no calmness. Inside he was in turmoil. For there was one thing that he desired more than the ultimate power that the dark side had given him.

"Lord Vader, two more Jedi have been killed by our forces. They were taken down rather easily, I believe that they had just begun their training" Commander Dorja informed him.

"Excellent. Tell your men to continue until they have found and eliminated all of the Jedi on the planet." With that Vader turned on his heel and stormed towards his private chambers. "I am going to my chambers. Do not disturb me unless it is absolutely necessary."

Commander Dorja nodded. Vader was a strange figure to him. The Emperor he could somewhat understand. The man wanted to rule the galaxy and he did so. He had no idea what Vader wanted. Perhaps he just wanted to spend his life as the Emperor's personal slave. He sighed, knowing that there was no way he was ever going to fully understand the sith lord.

Vader entered his private chambers and closed the door behind him. His mind was clouded again with visions of her. She was doing this to him everyday. If the Emperor ever found out that she still lingered in his memory he would be outraged. Vader took a deep breath and struggled to clear his mind. Sith lords did not think about their past.

But she would not leave his thoughts.

"Why must you persecute me?" he screamed out load.

Furious, he slammed his fist onto the table. Sith lords had better control over their minds than this he thought angrily to himself. Barely audible, he sobbed quietly behind his mask.

The memory of her filled his thoughts again. This time he did not resist.

"Are you an angel?" nine year old Anakin Skywalker asked quietly. He was not quite sure what had prompted him to say that, but he found that he could think of nothing else to say at the moment.

The amused smile on her lips dissapeared and was replaced by a look of part confusion and part disbelief.

"What?" she asked, staring intently at him.

Anakin found a tendril of regret form in his mind. Maybe he shouldn't have said that. But as usual, his boyish enthusiasm got the better of him.

"An angel." He straigthened himself up. "They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They are the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They are good and kind and so pretty that they make even the most hardened space pirates cry like small children."

The memory slowly faded from his mind. A tear escaped down Vader's cheek. Fortunately for him, his face was not visible to the world. He tried to control himself. Sith lords did not have any weaknesses; they did not cry. But he couldn't erase from his thoughts the picture of her beautiful face.

It was then he realized how true his words on Tattoine were. She was truly an angel. Because not only could she make the most hardened space pirates cry like small children; she could make the second most powerful man in the galaxy, a dark lord of the Sith do the same. The tears came again and he did not try to control them, instead he tried to unsuccessfully convince himself that somehow he was better off without her.

After what seemed like an eternity the tears subsided. He knew there was no way that he could live without her. She would torment him every day and night in his mind for the rest of his life. He had to have her back. He had to have her by his side.

But the Emperor woul

5. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    This seems very, very promising. It's a good idea, and I love the way you write Vader. Just keep it up, and I've got a feeling I'll love this fic...

6. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    This seems to be starting fairly well. I look forward to more. :)

7. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001

another post should be up....sometime

8. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Well, I'm glad the next post will be up SOMETIME. 8-}

Just from the summary, I know I'm gonna LOVE this story! Some of my fav authors teaming up to write this Vader/Ani/Ami, count me in! :D

*SB*

9. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Great start, D_S!! :D :D I too loved the Vader part :D I can't wait to write him :D

10. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    sometime

such a glorious word. it gives the impression that something will happen, but gives absolutely no timeframe for when it will happen :D

11. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Mean...Very, very mean. *wink*

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Can we have more soon, please? :)

13. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    Darklady seems to have dissapeared on me. :D

There will be a post up very soon now. As soon as I find her - or decide to write the next one myself. :D

14. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    Here is a small post to tide you guys over till I can find my coauthors :D

****************************************************************************************
    With a slight movement of his finger, Emperor Palpatine hit a switch on his throne.

"When was this transmission intercepted commander?"

"Just moments ago, my Lord."

The commander did his best to retain his poise, but it was a rather futile gesture. It was quite clear that he was most uncomfortable with being forced to deliver this news to Palpatine. And even if his actions didn't convey his fear, there was nothing he could do to avoid the fact that Palpatine could use the Force to see it.

Palpatine, however, just regarded him with a cold stare. The transmission had not done much for his mood, but he was not going to waste his energy taking out his anger on one of his most trusted commanders. Instead he was lost in thought, contemplating what course of action to take when the turbolift door opened with a soft hiss. Both Palpatine and the commander shifted their gaze so that they could see who was entering.

It was none other than the Emperor's Reach, or in simpler terms, the Emperor's personal assassin. He was a tall man with a chiseled face that could strike fear into the heart of just about anybody. He moved swiftly and with a purpose, his piercing eyes taking in everything the surroundings had to offer.

"I am at your service, my Lord"

Palpatine regarded him with a small, barely visible nod. As if on cue, the reach kneeled before his master.

"Rise my friend. I have a most urgent task for you."

"Anything for the Empire, my Lord."

"It seems that my apprentice, Lord Vader is having difficulties with getting his priorities straight. I wish for you to help him understand that his loyalty belongs to me and only to me."

The Reach let a small grin spread across his face. Everybody, including Palpatine, knew of his distaste for Lord Vader and vice versa. If he ever had the chance he would not hesitate to strike down Vader. He would kill the impetuous fool and replace him at the Emeperor's side. But until then he was forced to bide his time, and wait for the perfect opportunity to present itself. Perhaps it had arrived at last.

"Commander Dorja here intercepted a transmission from Lord Vader to a certain bounty hunter by the name of Boba Fett. It seems that Vader still has feelings for his former wife and has given this bounty hunter a contract to bring her to him. You cannot allow this to happen. I want you to find her and bring her to me. If you cannot capture her, then kill her."

"With pleasure, my Lord."

With that the Reach turned on heel and began to head back to the turbolift, to begin his latest assignment. He stopped in his tracks as the Emperor called out to him once more.

"And one more thing. Failiure is not an option."

THe Reach nodded and made his way to the exit. He would not fail. His hatred for Vader would at least ensure that much. He would find this woman and he would kill her. Palpatine wanted her alive, but he knew that it would hurt Vader more if he killed her. So he would. The Emperor had given him that option and he would make sure he used it.
    ****************************************************************************************

15. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Do not under any circumstances kill Padme. I'm not telling you what to do with your story, just asking pretty please.

Dana

16. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Great posts, D_S! :D And for searching for your co-authors ( :p ) I'm only a few thousand kilometers away in cold Canada ( :D ) lol [face_laugh] I can post next if you want :)

And D_F is gone to Disney World :p

17. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Hm, The Reach. I wonder if it's someone familiar... Don't worry DANA, Padme's a tough girl, she can take care of herself! At least I hope she does...

*SB*

18. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    To find out about Padme....you're just going to have to keep reading :p

Anyways, as for the Reach - if any of you people played TIE Fighter you will know where I got the idea from.

Basically in TIE Fighter you climb up levels in the Emperor's inner circle as you make progress in the game (and do well). Among the titles you gain is the Emperor's Hand - which I am sure you people are familiar with.

But anyways, the highest rank you can achieve is the Emperor's Reach.

19. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Nice post! Not-nice Palpatine...and that Reach *snorts*...does he really think he could ever go up against my Vader?!?
    Good work, Sting, I hope you'll find your co-authors soon, even though you seem to manage very well on your own...

20. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Nice post. Hope to see more soon. :D

21. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *runs in, breathless* I'm here! D_S, those were incredible posts. Be sure to PM me and let me know when I'm up to post. :)

22. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    Hey Fruitcake. How was your vacation?

As for the story, Darklady is working on a post right now. You'll be up next then :D

23. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Upping this :D I have a post written and all that needs to be done now is for me to post it. I'm going to do some editing first, then it'll be up soon. I'm going to sleep right now :D

24. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    looking forward to your post Darklady :D

25. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    K, here's my post *looke nervous* Sorry :p

A wind of change wisped through the high atmosphere of Alderaan. War was near, as it
    always was. Chasing them wherever they went. They could barely escape it. At least that's what Amidala thought.

Even the beautiful, yet unsuspecting, planet of Alderaan was not enough to keep the empire at bay. They could follow her and the rebellion anywhere. It seems Palpatine and his apprentice were hot at her
    heels. She had no peace, not time to move on.

In her small quarters, it was amazing that she was still sane. It had become a habit to
    pace about the floor, thinking of tactics of when to strike and how, or sometimes just to broad, mostly of the times she didn't wish to re-surface. Anakin.

Anakin stuck out in most of them. She could still remember the last moment with him before he turned to the darkside.

Flashback

He looked into her eyes and they spoke all that needed to be said. He was leaving for good this time.

The dark iris's held his deeds and his will. They held no warmth for her. No comfort through the blizzard pounding within her with each heartbeat. And at once, his eyes looked away and he almost looked in pain and then he just disappeared . . .

*End flashback*

That fateful day changed her forever.
    It struck daggers into her cold heart. She almost hated him for what he did to her leaving her alone and betrayed. She could nearly do Death's deed herself by choking him, as he had done to others dear to her. Yet, a small part didn't want to.

There was still hope for his redemption. It was small, though, and was quickly buried.
    Amidala quickly buried it back into the bottom of her shattered heart.

She had no time to think of him. She had a rebellion to lead and an empire to conquer.

That part was easy. The hard part was
    there was a great chance she would have to face him soon. They were like magnets. One side attracted the opposite and that meeting was not going to be pleasant.

But the harder she thought of it the more she missed her Knight. Even after all she did, she still wanted him home.

It was a hard decision to make. Should she try--

Her thoughts were cut off with her hologram screen flashing. A none-too familiar image came onto the screen. Bail Organa.

". . . Lady Skywalker, you are needed in my quarters immediately."

Bad place to cut off, but it leaves the action to the next person :D *cackles evilly*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.