main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Echoes in Destiny" - coauthor Vader/Ani/Ami AU - *update 6/1*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Double_Sting, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Well well well! DarkLady and Padme both make appearances! This party's getting started! ;) 8-}

I liked how Padme still has residual feelings for Anakin, but at the same time hates him. Makes for interesting future posties! :D

Great job Darklady!

*SB*

2. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Great post. Can't wait to see where this goes. :)

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Whew. *runs in* Sorry I'm late.

Lovely job so far! It's always nice to see and support a new prequel story opening up, as there are not many of them anymore. I cannot wait until the next update. Oh, in answer to your question D_S, I'm working on ItMF right now.

Am [face_love]

4. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm grounded until Saturday, but I'll be on late tomorrow night, so if you'd PM me my assignment D_S, I can get to work on it and have it up by the weekend. :)

Great post, DL! I loved the emotion! Very Padme. :D

5. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Nice post Darklady. :D

I will do that Fruitcake. I have been down with the flu the last few days and I have also been on jury duty so I have been unable to be on the JC. I'll send you a PM later today though. :D

6. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    fruitcake is posting next

thanks for the comments people :D

7. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    up

fruitcake said she's post today so keep your fingers crossed. :D

8. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Okay, here it is! Enjoy! :D

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood before Mace Windu and Yoda, ignoring the flying bugs flitting around his head. Dagobah was famous for its... less desirable inhabitants.

"Here you cannot be, Obi-Wan," Yoda stated.

"Agreed," Mace Windu said. "The Force-aura radiating from this planet would attract the attention of Lord Vader."

"I will not be here long," Obi-Wan explained. He took a deep breath. "Darth Vader is the reason I am here."

"Wish to redeem him, you do. Only reason you would come here, it is."

Obi-Wan hesitated. "Yes, Master Yoda."

Mace Windu sighed. "Jedi Kenobi, there is obviously no hope for Anakin. He would have turned back from this path a long time ago if there was."

"Yes, to Master Windu you listen. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Obi-Wan fought back the urge to yell and stamp his feet. These were once the two most respected members of the Jedi Council, and he would not make a fool of himself by acting childish.

He bowed low. "Thank you, Masters. Farewell."

Obi-Wan sat in real-space, pondering where to set his course for. Tatooine, perhaps, to see how Luke was doing.

He found his mind wandering, to visions of past meetings...

He ran faster and faster to the apartment, knowing in his heart and mind that something had happened; that something was wrong.

He kicked in the door, and was greeted by the sight of Padme lying on the floor, sobbing.

"Not even you, Anakin...."

He knelt down beside her. "Padme, look at me. What happened?"

She was not harmed physically, at least not as far as he could tell. But the pain and anguish reflected in her eyes was enough.

"He.... He left, Obi-Wan. He yelled and left. I told him I was pregnant... and he just exploded. I think he's lost... lost to the Dark Side."

"We must hide the child."

He moved to help her up, but she stopped him with a pleading look. "Obi-Wan, promise me you will do all that you can to redeem him. Please."

"I promise."

Snapping out of his reverie, and with new resolve, Obi-Wan made the jump into hyperspace.

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Good one, Fruity! I like what I see.

Am [face_love]

10. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    nice post indeed :D

i guess that puts me up next

11. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Glad you're back, Fruity! And with a great post too. I knew Obi still has some of Qui-Gon's defiance in him. ;)

*SB*

12. c_owensby

Apr 25, 2002
    Another wonderful post. :)

13. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    I hope this story has a happy ending.
    Uppers!

14. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    What Amy21 said...

I'm so glad Obi-Wan wants to redeem Anakin, and doesn't listen to what those to evil old ugly...uh, I mean those respected members of the Coundils say.

Great posts, those last ones! Keep it up!

15. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    post coming in the next couple of days

after I see Episode II tonight probably :D

16. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    This most may come on like Sunday. I have a funeral I have to attend tomorrow and Saturday so I will be busy.

But I did see Episode II and it is an absolutely awesome movie. Go see it now if you haven't seen it!

17. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Upping this while waiting...

18. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Is it alright if I post this on the A/A databank thread, and later on the website?

*SB*

19. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    At long last here is the next part :D

Starblazer: That's fine with me :)

--------------------------------------------

Padme suddenly awoke from her sleep with a gasp. For a few seconds she checked her surroundings to make sure that everything was in place. The window hung slightly open and a storm seemed be brewing outside. Other than that everything was just as it had been when she had gone to sleep. It was probably just another one of her nightmares. She had been having them almost every night since Anakin had gone to the dark side. Relieved that everything was fine she got up to get some water and found herself staring into the business end of a sleek silver blaster.

"Don't move" the owner of the weapon commanded.

Padme froze in her tracks. Her assailaint was wearing some sort of total body armour, along with a helmet that featured a black t-shaped visor. She knew who most of the known bounty hunters and assassins in the galaxy were, but she had no idea who this one was. But she did know that many people wanted her dead and that she had many bounties on her head. This was probably just an aspiring bounty hunter who was hoping to cash in and make a name for himself.

"Who sent you for me?" Padme asked cautiously. She was hoping that perhaps she could buy this time or even cut a deal with this man if she was lucky.

"That is none of your business. But you will know soon enough."

"How much is he giving you for me?"

"More than you can pay me. Now turn around."

She complied quietly. This bounty hunter was all business. There would be no talking him out of this. But Padme was not one to give up. Perhaps she could fight her way out of it.

With a swift motion she brought her leg up to kick him. The bounty hunter was completely unprepared for it and was momentarily stunned. Seizing the opportunity Padme fumbled around for the blaster she kept under her pillow. Getting a grip on it she turned around and prepared to fire on the bounty hunter, but he was gone. Stunned she lowered her defenses for a second. In that instant she was attacked from behind. The stronger assailaint quickly overpowered her and pinned her to the bed.

"That was quite foolish your highness. You could have gotten yourself killed. Lord Vader would not have been pleased."

Padme gasped. Vader had sent for her.

"He...sent...for...me.." she managed to stammer out.

"Yes indeed. And he wants you unharmed. Now don't try anymore foolish stunts or I'll be forced to tranqulize you for the remainder of our journey."

He cuffed her with a pair of stun cuffs and then after making sure she was secured he moved back to the open window. Padme wondered what he was doing when she saw the ominous figure of some sort of ship appearing. It came to the window and stopped. As it stabilized a hatch opened and a walkway descended.

At the same moment the door burst open and two armed guards, with Bail Organa behind them, entered. They had their blasters ready and a deadly look in their eyes.

"Freeze!" one of the commanded.

The bounty hunter turned slowly to face the threat. Padme felt a wave of relief wash over her. She was going to be safe after all. The monster Vader would never get a hold of her. However deep down inside she wondered what he was like. Was the old Anakin she loved still present inside him? Could she by some means bring him back?

She was jolted from her thoughts by the sensation of a cold muzzle pressed against her neck.

"Drop your weapons or she dies."

The guards were shocked at how quickly the bounty hunter had turned the tables on them. With mouths half open they complied - dropping their weapons to the ground. In the ominous silence she locked eyes with Bail Organa - trying to reassure him that everything would be alright - as the bounty hunter pushed her into his vehicle.

Bail Organa could only watch as the ship - carrying both the bounty hunter and Padme - left the planet.

--------------------------------------------

As always - feedback is appreciated :D

20. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Enter the ever controversial Bail Organa. I hope Padme can turn Ani back, it sure seems possible... :)

Great post!

*SB*

21. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    OOOO, wonderful post! I love Boba's ruthlessness... it's so sexy. ;)

Oops, is my mind running away with me again? [face_mischief]

Upward and onward! :D

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Some good ol' action with Padme, Bail and our friendly bounty hunter (rights reserved). Oh boy, this is going to be a trip and a half. Good one!

Am [face_love]

23. c_owensby

Apr 25, 2002
    Interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next. :D

24. Kriare

Kriare Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1998
    I love this so far.
    Can I make a request? Can Fett get Padme to Vader first so that I can see that scene. Then everything else can happen... :)
    Please? :)

25. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    Thanks for the comments everyone :D

Kriare: You'll have to wait and see, but Padme and Vader will meet up soon. How soon, well I can't tell you everything ;)

Fruitcake has the next post, she'll put it up whenever she is done :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.