main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    dang it! another double post! grrrr! something HAS to be wrong with my comp. Oh well, at least I can post. :)

EDIT: I think this is post 200, sorry for taking it! I didn't mean to! honest! It was my computer! :_|

*kicks computer*

Happy 200

2. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    JSF13 - *L* Undressed him already? ;) Did you read what Mult-tasking Jagged Fel does? *holds her close* You did read the post right? :D I'll hold it to PG, maybe PG-13 with the Multi-tasking Jagged Fel :)

*dances in cirles, sees that Rebel Hearts updated* AHHHHHHHHHH :eek: *runs over*

JSF24

3. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Dec 7, 2002
    You certainly ARE a character JSF24. What exactly did that post say about what Jag does that I missed? [face_devil]

*waggles eyebrows suggestively*

*JSF24 runs over to JSF13 and pulls her close, then whispers something in her ear*

*JSF13 gasps and puts hand over mouth*

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting THAT.

4. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    That was great. :)

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Looks like you girls were a little rambunctious on the thread last night. I hope all the Jagged Fel dolls made it through ok. :)

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24: Thanks for the kudos on Syal. I think I like her very much. She has heart and determination. At first I thought Soontir was the one holding together the family, but I have since changed my mind. Syal is the glue that holds the Fel family together. Soontir is a good man but he is lucky to have her and he knows it.

I hope the Shower Steamed Jagged Fel is a limited edition, like just mine.

Jaina-Solo-Fel13: glad you have your own doll to play with

JSF24 and JSF13 keep it clean girls [face_devil] dress up not dress down - OK then don't ;)

It's ok JSF13 you can take 200 anyway you can get it. Woohoo 200 :eek:

rogue11lovesjag: Ouch that hurt. OK so I was the mystery reader. hee hee

No dolls for you though you have the real thing. :p

jainasolo2001: Thanks :)

from Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham

"Results are not enough. Not for you."

- Kyp speaking to Jaina

6. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    JSF13 *strugs* What can I say? I'm a Solo, that kind of character is what I'm made of. *g* :p :) *L*

TKeira_Lea - Your welcome :) I, also, think she's the one that holds the Fel Family together.

*looks over at JSF13, smiling mischieviously* What? *hides her Jag Fel doll behind her back, then sighs* Ok..

*S* TKeira_Lea - Limited Edition of 2, I have the other one :) [face_devil]

JSF24

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    This post is for JSF13- our new friend :)

Jaina walked under her new X-wing, which was bearing a bright new Twin Suns logo, dragging her hand along the underside as she went. She admired the newness of the craft, no history apparent on the skin, to the touch or the eye. Jaina went to the ladder and climbed up to the cockpit, inhaling the aroma of the virgin interior.

A series of bleeps and whistles woke Jaina out of her trance. She looked to the astromech droid seated in its socket, performing diagnostics on the new fighter. It was an R2 unit, exactly as she requested. Jaina had an unconscious bias, developed from years of listening to her uncle list the merits of the R2 unit versus other astromech models that had come and gone. It was years of tagging along with Artoo that allowed Jaina to acknowledge droids as a pilot?s counterpart, as if they were sentient.

?Hello there. Are you my new co-pilot??

The droid squeezed out an affirmative as it spun its white dome.

?How?s the ship look??

She turned to the interface screen in the cockpit as the R2 answered in a series of toots and bleeps. Data scrolled across the panel in rapid-fire succession, only Jaina?s Jedi abilities allowed her to keep up with it.

?Looks good, but the laser alignments could benefit from some adjustments Cappie - he was my old droid - calculated after some time fighting the Vong.? Jaina reflected for a moment on the loss of her droid friend and his namesake before that.

The droid responded with an inquisitive whistle.

?No, I?ll do it myself.? Jaina pointed at her coveralls. ?See, I came prepared to work on a couple adjustments on my own. My father always says there is nothing like working on your own ship to settle the mind.?

A low moaning whistle followed as if the droid agreed. Jaina opened the access hatch behind the cockpit and took a small multi-tool out of her pocket. She then started making the desired adjustments.

Jaina spoke to the droid as she worked, ?Do you have a name??

She recognized the whistled response as a negative.

?Can I give you a name then??

Her new droid bleeted excitedly, spinning its dome top.

?Okay. Let?s see. I named my last droid after a friend but that didn?t turn out well. I am playing the Trickster goddess. How about Trick? That should really get the tattooed ones fired up.?

A series of happy toots answered.

?I?m glad you like it. Trick it is. I hope you know what you are in for. Well, maybe it?s better you don?t.?

Across the hangar bay, Jag could see Jaina hanging over the side of her X-wing working in an access hatch. After the events of dinner earlier in the evening, she was a sight for sore eyes. Even dressed in stained coveralls and her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail, Jaina was a vision of beauty. Her hand slipped on the tool she was using, and it fell to the ground. A string of Corellian curses coursed from her mouth as she sat up on the back of the craft, shaking the sting out of her hand.

Jag approached the X-wing and picked the tool off the ground. ?You dropped this.? He held it up to her, Jaina spinning around at the sound of his voice.

A smile lit her face as she wiped away a tendril of hair with the back of her grease stained hand. ?Hello, Colonel Fel. How did dinner with the family go?? Her voice remained professional, as she tried to erase the smile from her face, wanting to maintain an unattached appearance. Jaina reached down to take the tool. Jag let his hand brush hers as they passed the multi-tool, sending shivers along Jaina?s arms.

?As well as can be expected.? He looked around to see if anyone was in earshot. ?I told them about us. Father would not get off Uncle Wedge?s case about sending me after you.?

? I understand, you couldn?t stand by and let that happen. Your parents were bound to find out sooner or later.? Jaina could tell he was troubled. ?Do you want to talk about it??

?Not right now. Later though.? He offered her the little smile he reserved for her a

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Jag looked up at her with a mischievous gleam in his eye. ?I was thinking more along the line of vaping some TIE Interceptors.? He turned and walked away. [face_laugh] good postie! can't wait for more!

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jags_gurl You read fast. That was barely up a couple of minutes. :eek:

You must have Jedi skills to be that quick.

10. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Another post, yay. You're spoiling us. I love being spoiled.

Poor Jag, he needs a lot of comforting from Jaina. Hopefully really mushy.

Jaina was admiring the view as he leaves, hehe. I can't blame her as he is one of those people who looks good from every angle. Sigh.

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jagsredlady Eager for the mush, huh? Well you will have to fill in the blanks because we don't even go there. Leaves something to the imagination. [face_devil]

More important things to get into. Chapter 7 starts tomorrow and is really exciting. There are some serious fireworks exploding on Mon Cal. *TKL pulls jagsredlady to the floor as some sparklers whizz past* The rest have you have been warned ;)

Chapter 8 promises much mush though, I promise.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds dangerous for the health of either Soontir, Jaina, Jag, Wedge, or all four.

BTW, that post was awesome.

Love NYC

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    NYCitygurl: I would fear mostly for Wedge and Soontir. Jaina's a Jedi, she'll be fine. And I would never do anything to harm Jag :D

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Are they going to have a major fight? Are Jag's sister and brother oing to be in the next post?

Love NYC

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    NYC No brother and sister until later. And yes battles of wills shall be the theme of the next chapter. :eek:

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    uh-oh . . .

So whens the next post?

Love NYC

17. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Dec 7, 2002
    That post was cute. Jaina dropped her tools, swears like all Correllian's do, and Jag comes to the rescue by picking the tools up for her.

*swoons*

Jaina watched him go, admiring the view. I would be too, I would be too.

I loved it! Oh and what's this? A postie in my honor? [face_shocked] Why... I don't know what to say!

*JSF24 nudges JSF13 and whispers something to her*

Oh, right! I guess I could say that.

*smiles graciously to JSF24*

Thank You! That's straight from my...er...JSF24's VERY OWN mind!

18. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Dec 7, 2002
    Wait a second! I just saw that battle of wills will be next chapter! Whose wills and why are they battling? :confused:

I love this story. :)

UP

19. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    When do you reckon we get to read the Soontir Fel one?That will be an intresting meeting.

So things in Jaina's life are looking up huh?Having a new X-wing,a new droid and is going to be meeting her boyfriends parents.

JJF

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    NYCitygurl: Posting soon, just fixing. Two posts today hopefully. :D

Jaina-Solo-Fel13: You are welcome. Everyone's wills by the end.

Jedi_jainafel: :) Soontir today

21. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    This post is for jags_gurl, first to respond yesterday. :)

CHAPTER 7

The entire sparring room came to life in the rec center. Five Jedi could be seen spinning and flipping, brilliant flashes of light swirled around them accompanied by the distinct hum of their weapons. It was a deadly dance based on precision, skill and trust.

Kyp Durron flanked by Jacen Solo and Mara Jade Skywalker led an attack against Tahiri Veila and Jaina Solo. Jacen, dressed only in black fighting pants, appeared to be focusing on Tahiri Veila, wearing a tight yellow tank and green shorts. Mara Skywalker and her former apprentice, similarly clad in black skin tight one piece fighting uniforms, traded blows. Kyp Durron, clad in a green flight suit, traded time between the two battles, exploiting openings wherever he could.

Jacen pressed the attack on Tahiri, striking high and quickly. The young female Jedi, with more practice recently than the male twin, countered by flipping away from the offensive. Jacen?s forward momentum had no hindrance, and he momentarily lost his balance. This left an opening for Tahiri to level a deadly blow to her opponent, ending her strike within an inch of slashing Jacen from hip to shoulder.

Jacen bowed out of the fight, disappointed in his failure. Tahiri directed her efforts at the Jedi Master. The battle was short though. She pushed too hard initially, thinking Kyp would be caught off guard, having been focused on his battle with Jaina. The Master was prepared, sidestepping the first striking blow from high to low. As the blade passed him, Kyp brought his down on top of it with a fierce blow, forcing Tahiri?s weapon out of her hand.

With the battle back in the advantage of the two Masters, Kyp and Mara pressed hard, both trying to find an opportunity to get to the other side of Jaina. The best defense for Jaina was to move away from her attackers, keeping them on the same side of her. She called to her brother as she backed away. He tossed his saber into the air. Jaina summoned it to her other hand.

Armed with two weapons, Jaina was now able to consider an offensive attack. Jaina anticipated her former Master would be the first to take advantage of an opportunity to surround her. Jaina spun toward her opponents, using the two blades as a spinning shield. Mara did as Jaina anticipated and somersaulted over her head.

As Mara passed over Jaina released Jacen?s lightsaber, whipping it at her aunt. It would have cleaved Mara in two, but Jaina deactivated it just as it got to its target. The handle fell to the floor with a thud. Jaina and Kyp were left in a motionless stand off, exchanging feral grins; sweat dripping off both of them.

?You killed Mara. I never thought I would see the day.? Jaina?s grin grew bigger as the truth of his words sunk in. Kyp saluted Jaina with his lightsaber and then switched it off. ?I surrender. I am clearly no match for a Goddess today.?

?Just admit it Kyp, you are getting too old for this.? Jaina turned to her former master, dreading her reaction.

Mara, as expected, looked none too pleased with herself. ?No Kyp. I beat myself. I did exactly what she expected. Let it be a lesson to all you young ones.?

Jacen walked over to Mara and patted her on the back, before offering her a towel. ?That is right. She beat herself to teach us a lesson. Congrats sis.?

Mara glared at her nephew. ?Just for that you are coming with me to work on more concentration techniques for the battle melds, young man. Jaina, congratulations. Your hard work is beginning to pay off.?

Jacen followed the red-haired woman, knowing better than to argue with Mara when she was angered.

More coming ...

22. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    awww, you dedicated a postie to me! :) and great post! haha, Mara's not happy! can't wait to read more! :D

23. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    *LOL* Jaina beat Mara :) Not that I'm against Mara, I love her character, but that was great. I got a mental image of Anakin Skywalker in Ep II with the 2 lightsaber thing. BTW, has Jag really seen Jaina in battle with a saber? I mean, up close, instead of in his cockpit?

JSF13 - *nods* I think I found a new friend *L* :)

JSF24

24. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Dec 7, 2002
    I liked that post a lot! Of course, I always love your posts! It's just a great story. This was my favorite part...

Jacen walked over to Mara and patted her on the back, before offering her a towel. ?That is right. She beat herself to teach us a lesson. Congrats sis.?

Mara glared at her nephew. ?Just for that you are coming with me to work on more concentration techniques for the battle melds, young man.

Just wonderful!!!

Hey JSF24, I'M the one with the new friend! :D

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jags_gurl: :) Glad you liked your dedication

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24: Ah new friends how sweet

Jaina-Solo-Fel13: Ditto.

JSF24: I don't think Jag has really had the opportunity to see her fight.

JSF13: I am glad you liked the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.