main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    *beats up own comp with a stick*

I´m still grounded, comp doesn´t cooperat at all and I depend on roommates mercy :_|

It´s so sad. :(

Oh and yeah, Chimpo and I won the contest. Pm me please. I need something that cheers me up.

~Arissa

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    ZR: there are clues all over, on the thread in the Cantina, on the Beyond the Saga Forum...Hint, hint, hint :p

KJ: TSL, Chimpo, and Amber found it...

Arissa: as soon as you complete the Wraith mission I will PM the Chapter!

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Fortunetly, for the sake of everyone's Jag dolls, Auntie (your's truly), is very good at secret missions too... & I now know what's up! :D :D

Salute, Commander! [face_love]

4. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'm sorry Arissa!

I would give hints but the Commander might take away my explosives :(

My day is complete, I'm off to clean up the kitchen and bake cookies to celebrate husband coming home. Hmmmm, I wonder what happens when you add lots and lots of baking powder to cookie dough? Oh wait, I've already done that before and I KNOW what happens!!! [face_devil] :D :D ;) :p

5. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
    It´s okay Shinar.

If you mean the thingie ;) in the cantina, I´ve found that :D

Edit. and the thingie somewhere else ;)

~Arissa

6. Twin_Suns_Leader

Twin_Suns_Leader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2002
    I will not give hints, I will not give hints, I will not give hints... *chants like a mantra*

;) It's....around....

7. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!!!

Now, I'm off to read it....

Btw, was Pirates of the Carribean really good? I'm going to see it tomorrow for my 18th birthday!! I can't wait...Orlando Bloom and Jonny Depp....::drools::

Okay, off to read Legacy now!

~JMJ

8. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    *her x-wing lands, the repulsor jets settling her ship lightly with grace and great skill. JSF24 opens the cockpit, takes off her helmet, revealing a big smile. Tucks her helment underneath an arm and leaps from her x-wing, landing with undeniable grace..."Hehe..sorry, had to cheese it up"* Alright Girls! I've got a shipment here...*runs to the bottom hatch, unlocks it, and out comes dolls after dolls*

I've got:

Dolls:

Original Jagged Fel
    Multi-Tasking Jagged Fel
    Dinner Date Jagged Fel
    Comes with:
    2 (Count them TWO) Outfits: Imperial Flight Officer and casual white beater top with dark green cargo pants
    Gifts: - A box of fine Corellian Chocolate (one real small sample) and artifically scented Alderaanian Flowers
    Says:- "Your Gorgeous!", "You look lovely tonight." and "I love you." (press the small hidden button that is in the middle of his back)

Battle Gear Jagged Fel

Accessories:
    Jagged Fel Clawcraft Pendant

Special Dolls:

TKeira:
    Shower Steamed Jagged Fel

Life Size Cardboard Standup Jagged Fel
    Sad Puppy-Dog Jagged Fel

Jagged Fel Full-Length Pillow

100% Real Replica Corellian Heartstone Pendent from Jagged Fel

RebelPrincess's Doll:
    Jagged Fel: Gym Workout Doll

Introducing:

Tall, Dark, and Handsome, Jagged Fel Doll!!!

Now, all those SPECIAL Dolls are just on display, considering I promised TK and RP they were one of a kind...Maybe I can smuggle...*looks for TK..doesn't see her. Hands some dolls out* Shh..

CONGRATS ON 5000!~!

DEALER

JSF24

*runs off and hides*

9. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    *sings*

Jaggie dolls, Jaggie dolls!

:D

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    ANNOUNCEMENT

OKAY GUYS, I got the official word today! Echoes was is going on to the voting round of the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards in the following categories...

Best Action

Best Drama

Best Romance

Best post-Saga Story?In-Progress

Best Novel

Most Accurate Interpretation of an Ensemble Cast

Jagged Fel for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

Jaina Solo for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

Best New Author

Best Author

AAAAACCKKKKKK! *TKL runs around shrieking* I need excerpts by Sunday, what to do! So there will be a couple more polls over at the Cantina. Please help, help, help! I will need your input!

Oh yeah - ALL ANGLES made it in Best Canon as well.

Thanks guys for all the nominations!

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Legacy is up on the Beyond the Saga boards!

I need your help picking excerpts for the award categories so head over to the Cantina and vote. If I get 12 votes in each poll I will post another Legacy teaser over there...

I know bribes... :p

12. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sneaky commander!

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
  14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Still need 4 votes over at the Cantina to get the next teaser posted over there...

The second place vote getters in each category will go on to compete for Novel, Post-saga IP, Author and New Author ;)

15. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    The second place vote getters in each category will go on to compete for Novel, Post-saga IP, Author and New Author
    That's a good idea. I voted!

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The following excerpt was chosen by the readers to represent Echoes of the Past for Most Accurate Interpretation of an Ensemble Cast in the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards...

Jaina flashed a wicked glare at her suitor. ?Why Jag Fel, did you think one bauble would merit my unbridled passion? Jaina took her hand from where he stopped it at the button just below her collarbone and reached inside her shirt. She pulled out the charm in the shape of a clawcraft for him to see. Jag?s face flooded with joy as he saw it there in her hand.

Jaina looked from the charm to Jag. ?It will never leave me so you will always be close to my heart.?

Jag was so happy he could not think of words to express his emotion. Instead, he bent over to kiss her. Jaina opened her mouth, inviting him in. Jag savored the taste of her like a refreshing drink. He left her lips for a moment and stepped back. Behind him was the seat to the datastation. Jag sat down, dragging Jaina with him. He scooped her up by the waist and eased her slight form onto his lap, her legs straddling his.

Jag kissed her neck as his arms went under hers and encircled her back, pulling her closer still. Jaina?s hands brushed his shoulders before landing in his hair. The sensation of her fingertips caressing his scalp radiated like ice water down his spine. One hand freed another button and then brushed aside the shirt, exposing her shoulder. His hand stroked the smoothness of her skin. Jag?s lips dropped lower to brush her collarbone, captivated by the sweet taste beneath his lips. The fresh scent of her skin filled his mind, drowning his thoughts.

?Any further, Colonel, and you?ll be a dead man.? Jag jolted out of his reverie by the fierce growl from behind him, standing in one swift motion. Jag lifted Jaina as he went; she landed gently on her feet as he supported her waist. Jag spun around and came face to face with Han Solo. Few things intimidated Jag, but the sight before him surely was one of them. He did not need Jedi senses to feel the fury emanating from the man.

Han?s eyes drilled into the man who had been romantically entangled with his daughter a few moments ago. Jag had sense enough to not look away. ?Fel, when I talked about having children, I wasn?t suggesting that you have them with my daughter.?

Jaina, who had been frantically fastening her shirt buttons behind Jag, emerged from behind her shield, stepping between the two men. ?Dad, stop it. It wasn?t that bad.?

Han?s eyes darted from Jag to Jaina. She actually fell back from his glare, leaning into Jag, who naturally put his hand to her waist to support her. The touch further incensed the older Corellian. ?In the Falcon, Jaina Solo. With a Fel no less.?

Han grabbed Jaina by the wrist, jerking her away from Jag. ?I want an explanation right now. What is going on with?? Han stopped in mid-sentence as his eye caught the flash of a ruby red gem encased in a small pendant in the shape of a clawcraft dangling over her shirt. He cradled it in his free hand. ?You?ve got to be kidding. Don?t tell me you are serious with this flyboy, young lady.? He squeezed her wrist even harder.

Jaina winced. ?Yes.? She swallowed. ?Very.?

Han spun away from them both, throwing his hands in the air. ?Great, my daughter has the hots for a Corellian pilot. I guess it?s fitting, isn?t it? Paybacks from some horrible misdeed I performed in my youth.? Han spun back to the couple and flew in Jag?s face, pointing a finger into his chest. ?I don?t like this one bit, Fel, not my daughter and a pilot. You don?t deserve her.?

Jag stood his ground. ?You are absolutely correct, sir. I don?t deserve her.?

The admission caught Han off-guard; he lowered his threatening hand to his side. In a slightly milder tone he said, ?What are your intentions, Colonel??

?I love Jaina. I have only her best interest at heart.?

Han?s eyes squinted as he blew back up, his fist clenching. ?It didn?t look like her best interest you were

17. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
    uppers!

18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The following excerpt was voted as best representation of Jagged Fel in Echoes of the Past for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

Jag smiled down at her. ?I am fine.?

Her face beamed excitedly when she found him whole. ?I told everyone you would be back. Rane told me a Fel never makes a promise unless they intend to keep it.?

?That is correct.?

Jaina pulled away to arms? length. ?Rane, he??

Jag put a hand to her lips. ?I know. I have seen Uncle Wedge already. I am sorry Rane got hurt, but I am grateful he was there.?

Jaina?s face reflected the solemn thoughts swimming in her head. She voiced her fear. ?Did Zekk try something??

Jag?s face became stoic, not betraying his inner rage at the man who had threatened his happiness. He had a sense that Jaina needed his reassurance not the true depth of his tumultuous emotions. ?Yes, but it?s over.?

Jaina understood the meaning of his words, and sadness consumed her at the loss of a friend. The only thing Jag could do was pull her back into his arms, confirming she was truly there next to him. Jaina buried her cheek in his chest content to listen to the beating of his heart, happy to lean on his strength after such a long time without it. Too quickly the door slid open. Jag heard his uncle?s voice from behind him.

?Is it safe??

The couple parted reluctantly, Jaina brushing a few stray tears away. Wedge stepped into the doorway. ?I apologize, Jaina, but Tycho has a line of debriefs, and I really need to steal Jag away.?

Jaina forced a smile. ?I understand.?

Jag brushed her cheek and set one last soft kiss on her lips before stepping away. Nothing needed to be said. He would come to her as soon as possible. Jag left the room, slipping past Tycho. He stole one last glance over his shoulder at Jaina before following Wedge down the hall to his office.

Luke and Mara Skywalker as well as Kyp were there, waiting for them to arrive. The Jedi all carried the same grim expression. Luke spoke first. ?Colonel Fel, I am glad to see you are in one piece. I understand you believe you had a run-in with a Jedi Knight.?

Jag?s rage seethed below his usually steely demeanor, but it was hinted to all in the room. ?Yes, it was Zekk.?

Luke questioned Jag further. ?What leads you to this conclusion??

?It could have been the black haze that momentarily clouded my mind before I took the first hit, but the real clue was the Blackmoon emblem on the side of his X-wing as it flew past firing a few salvos into my engines.?

Mara interjected her own thoughts, addressing Jag specifically. ?I am afraid it was Zekk. We just needed confirmation from you. Kyp and I suspected something for a while, but neither of us foresaw this unfortunate turn of events.?

Kyp nodded. ?I suppose I could have openly voiced my suspicions to Luke, but all I had was circumstantial evidence. Between the events on Bimm and the incident on the Jade Shadow, it just didn?t seem like enough to accuse a fellow Jedi of taking the plunge. Not that I am one to judge.?

Mara consoled the Jedi Master, who had been berating himself all day. ?You know as well as all of us, the Dark Side is difficult to sense.

Jag interrupted, drilling Kyp. ?What happened on the Shadow??

?Zekk put Jaina in a healing trance, but I felt something malicious about his intentions.?

Jag addressed Kyp directly as if no one else was in the room. ?I trusted you to protect her. To the Corellian hells with your Jedi code, you should have told me. I had my own run in with him as well. Between the two of us, we would have been able to stop him before this happened.?

Kyp stiffened under the criticism. ?You know I would do anything to protect Jaina. I would give my life for her.?

Jag?s eyes flashed with a rage none had ever known him capable of. ?No, my brother almost did that. It?s a good thing I asked him to back you up, but even that did not stop Zekk from almost making short work of me. Or isn?t that what you have al

19. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
    Good excerpts :)

BTW does anybody know when the final voting will take place ?

~Arissa

20. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    The Commander knows I bet :)

21. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
  22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The following excerpt was chosen by the readers to represent Jaina Solo in Echoes of the Past for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character for the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards

The pain tugged at the corner of her mind, commanding that she wake and answer it. Nothing her body did would relieve the pain. So, it called for her to wake and do something.

Jaina blinked against the harsh light that added more pain through her eyes. When she tried to bring her hands up to protect them, Jaina realized she was immobilized. Her movement caused a flaring of pain in her arms and shoulders. When Jaina tried to survey her surroundings, more pain emanated from her neck and back as they were stretched to their limits. Something in her shoulder popped, inviting a new degree of suffering.

There was no Force to seek comfort in; no touch from Jacen or Kyp to calm her fears. Jaina was utterly alone. She cursed the demons that taunted her, demanding her failure, telling her she was no one without the Force.

Then a thought came to her mind ? Jag. He never had the Force and succeeded at everything he did. Jag, who she had dismissed so coldly earlier, deserved to know how much she loved him, how much she respected him, and most importantly how much she needed him. For that reason alone Jaina would find the strength to fight.

Jaina could not see them but she knew the ysalamiri had to be in the room and nearby since their effective range was limited. It took some effort, but she managed to push the toxin cartridge out from its place nestled between her cheek and jaw. Jaina maneuvered it between her teeth and ground down on it. Every move brought a new sensation of pain somewhere in her neck or jaw as the mechanism holding her captive fought her body.

Finally the capsule broke, and an aerosol spewed out into her mouth, filling it with a noxious taste. It caused her body to wrack and cough, expelling the spray. Every cough was like being stabbed with a hundred lightsabers. Not the most effective way of transmission, she chided herself, despite the agony.

The sound of the door opening filled her ears as her spasms subsided, followed by the echo of footsteps. The face of Sheibab Maddan came into Jaina?s limited field of vision. His face beamed with satisfaction. ?So you are awake.?

Jaina forced a smug grin, despite the effort and pain it required.

He returned the smart look with a taunting grin. ?How do you like our new toy, Jaina Solo??

Regardless of the pain, Jaina gathered a breath and spoke. Each word cut like a vibroblade into her ribs. ?An Embrace of Pain. I?ve always wanted to try one out. My brother has nothing but great things to say about them.?

Sheibab did not like the Jedi, but he respected her spirit. A little verbal sparring would suit him fine. ?You are as sharp-tongued as your father, young lady. I would have thought your mother?s refined tendencies would have rubbed off on you.? He leaned closer and squeezed her chin as he examined her face.

?I?m my father?s daughter.?

?In spirit maybe, but you are as beautiful as your mother. It?s a shame what the Vong will do to your pretty face before they sacrifice you to their gods.?

Jaina glared back into his eyes, refusing to submit to his taunts. The glint forming in her eye was unmistakable. What Sheibab did not know was that the toxin was already working. Its effect was subtle, but swift, on the creatures. The toxin retarded the ysalamiris? neural functions, slowing their hearts and breathing until the creatures appeared to fall asleep as they died.

The Force crept back into Jaina like a rising sun, gradually at first and then faster and faster, until it was stunning and bright. Sheibab taunted the female Jedi unaware of the change unfolding.

?You will be glad to know I plan to fund a nice personal fleet with the bounty money for your capture.?

Jacen was there, offering her comfort and support; his encouragement fueled her resolve, in spite of the livin

23. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    SORRY I MISSED IT ALL!!! TKL!

COULD YOU SEND ME EVERYTHING FROM PAGE 170 And Up PLEASE???

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

24. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    *looks at a small peice of paper in his hands. looks over at a door*
    I think this is the right place. I was told by my goddess to come here, and read. So I guess I will...
    *sigh*
    this may take a few hours...oh well better get started...oh...and congrats on the awards...

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Here is the excerpt voted on by the readers as the Best Action sequence for the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards

The blows delivered by Shimmra were powerful, jolting Jaina right to the core of her being. The Overlord was all hers, for now. Kyp and Jacen had their hands full with the two elite Yuuzhan Vong warriors, and Valin was fiercely protecting their backs. Beyond the trio, the Jedi masquerading as Galactic Alliance delegates were pitted in a fierce battle all their own.

In her brief connection with Mara, Jaina sensed a subtle advantage for the Jedi. The Yuuzhan Vong had thought they would be faced with twelve Force-blind delegates, but more than half of those were Jedi in disguise. The initial surprise had given the Jedi the upper hand, and several Yuuzhan Vong had fallen in the opening seconds of the battle.

Blow by blow, Jaina matched Shimmra. Where he used his overwhelming strength in broad strokes, Jaina utilized her speed and agility to counter and redirect his blows. Shimmra?s size and strength were to his advantage, but they could also prove to be a weakness.

Jaina deflected a blow, redirecting the amphistaff in a wide sweep away from the Overlord?s body. She lunged quickly, delivering a driving thrust toward his mid-section while his guard was open. Shimmra stepped aside in a graceful maneuver belying his size. He finished the side-step, planted a foot then kicked out with his long leg.

The impact of his foot was unavoidable so Jaina flipped backwards in a handspring, absorbing most of the blow higher in her torso, away from her abdomen. The power of his kick still had enough of an impact to send Jaina stumbling back once righted. She recovered in a couple of steps and took a moment to open herself back up to the rest of the fight.

Kyp had his opponent all but beat. Jacen was holding his own, but his attention was divided between the warrior and Valin. Jaina immediately understood Jacen?s concern. At fifteen, Valin was not as developed physically as the other Jedi, and his control of the Force was not sufficient to overcome his limitation against such a skilled foe. Shimmra was bearing down on Jaina again, so she was forced to withdraw when her growing awareness of the Vong alerted her to the intention of Valin?s opponent.

Jacen, the only one close enough to help, was tangled up with his own adversary as Valin?s aggressor whipped his amphistaff like a snake, its fangs bearing down. Jaina backed away from Shimmra and reached with a hand in the direction of Valin, shouting his name in warning. The fanged end of the amphistaff halted in mid-strike, inches from the young man?s neck, Jaina restraining the deadly creature with her growing abilities.

As both Shimmra and Valin?s opponent hesitated, Jaina prodded her apprentice in the Force, and he struck at the warrior before him while Jaina still controlled the deadly amphistaff. Valin?s lightsaber made a clean thrust through the unprotected space along the hipbone, opening the flesh and allowing the warrior?s entrails to spill forth as the lightsaber exited under the ribs. The warrior fell in a heap on the floor.

Jaina?s pride in her apprentice?s victory was short-lived. She sensed Shimmra regain his composure after the split-second of disbelief and a flood of hate pour from his mind. He advanced, and Jaina turned to meet him, catching Kyp level a killing blow to his own opponent as she did. The masquerading Jedi were bearing down on her location with only a couple of Yuuzhan Vong left standing. The impending victory fueled Shimmra to pound his amphistaff down at Jaina in vicious strokes, one after the other in a relentless barrage.

Nearby, sensing Jaina?s predicament, Jacen aimed a kick at the warrior?s head before him in a sweeping aerial spin as he tried to free himself to come to his sister?s aid. Jaina blocked blow after blow as others rushed forward, but none came in time as she was a second too slow, weary from the constant onslaught. The amphistaff met the hilt of her lightsaber, jarring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.