main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    SoloFel: WOW! i just finished this... only took me 4 days!! 4 days! You're a speed demon!

awesome awesome story TKeira_Lea! Thanks!

i loved the mush... absolutely my favorite parts.. and the wonderful writing of course!!! It's always the mush [face_love]

Welcome to the madness and look forward to seeing you at Lgc...

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Moving this up so I can keep reading.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Finally finished.

I had heard a lot about your work so I decided to read this. I read very few Jaina/Jag. I must say I wasn't disappointed. The story kept my interest, the characterizations were excellent and enjoyed it. Pretty good considering I'm not a Jaina/Jag fan. Your characterization of Luke and Mara were spot on. I've been unhappy with the NJO's handling of them - I was wondering if Luke was replaced with a clone. I think somewhere somebody mentioned Luke fading off into the sunset. He's only in his 40s hardly decreipt. Seems too many have the Logan's Run mentality that only the young are worth keeping alive. Anyway, back to the story. Great job with the family dynamics. Lovely reunions - I especially liked Mara and Ben's. I really liked how you used Padme. It was beautiful.

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    RebelMom: Every once in a while I check on the old thread and sometimes I get a nice surprise!

Finally finished. WOOHOO! What a trek huh?

I had heard a lot about your work so I decided to read this. I read very few Jaina/Jag. I must say I wasn't disappointed. Glad to hear it. My aim was to have smiling readers :)

The story kept my interest, the characterizations were excellent and enjoyed it. Pretty good considering I'm not a Jaina/Jag fan. AH, well I try to bring people around. They have gotten their fair of licks, but I think they are worthy of a read when kept in their characters are set in canon.

Your characterization of Luke and Mara were spot on. [face_blush] Wow! Thanks! I am a HUGE Mara fan, but as many know not a big Luke fan. More due to the fact that, as you said, I've been unhappy with the NJO's handling of them. See, we were thinking along the same lines ;)

I was wondering if Luke was replaced with a clone. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I think somewhere somebody mentioned Luke fading off into the sunset. He's only in his 40s hardly decreipt. Seems too many have the Logan's Run mentality that only the young are worth keeping alive. He's got a long way until he's one foot in the grave that's for sure ;)

Great job with the family dynamics. Considering how dysfunctional my family is I will take that as a compliment. [face_mischief]

Lovely reunions - I especially liked Mara and Ben's. One of my faves. [face_love]

I really liked how you used Padme. It was beautiful. You know I always wanted to know how everyone found out about Padmé and so I decided to write about it using Jaina as my backdrop.

Thanks for reading and even more so for the great reply! Maybe we'll see you over at Legacy.

5. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    208 pages in three days!!! That has to be a record right? This was an awesome fic.

I first found it over on ff.net, but after reading the first four chapters I wanted more. Knowing that you also posted over here, I came searching for the rest of the fic. I wasn't disapointed. It was daunting seeing the sheer number of pages, but it was well worth the read.

This story is totally awesome. It had the perfect blend of angst, humor, drama and mush. It was very worthy of all of the rewards that it won. Now, I'm just sorry that I didn't find it sooner.

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jaina_Solo_15: Imagine my surprise when I jumped onto the Classic Board to find Echoes at the top!

208 pages in three days!!! That has to be a record right? This was an awesome fic. A record for speed reading - maybe! :D I am glad you enjoyed it.

I first found it over on ff.net, but after reading the first four chapters I wanted more. Knowing that you also posted over here, I came searching for the rest of the fic. I wasn't disapointed. It was daunting seeing the sheer number of pages, but it was well worth the read. Well, I am trying to get Echoes up at ff.net but even if I post a couple chapters a week it will take me until May or so :eek:

It had the perfect blend of angst, humor, drama and mush. It was very worthy of all of the rewards that it won. [face_blush] Well thanks! I am glad you think so.

Now, I'm just sorry that I didn't find it sooner. Well you're here now! Jump on over to Legacy and catch up with the further adventure of Jaina and Jag plus Keira too. ;)

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I wanted to post this where it could get reviewed. Didn't feel a new thread was necessary so here it is.

[Author?s Note: The opening of this piece takes place within the context of my fanfic Echoes of the Past, but the major portion of the text involves messages from long ago. In my fanfic, Luke and Leia have discovered that Artoo has held the secret files of their long dead mother all along, only now unlocked after a strange twist of fate. As the scene unfolds, the Skywalker twins are just beginning to understand who they are and where they came from.]

OF HOPES AND DREAMS

Two chairs occupied a space better suited for one, situated before a small workstation in the Skywalker residence. Leia watched over her brother?s shoulder as he toggled through the myriad of files left behind by their mother. On the other side, Artoo beeped and whirred as he downloaded a never-ending stream of information to the terminal.

?I see where you get your organizational skills,? Luke remarked wistfully, his words breaking the awed silence.

Leia noted the detailed compartmentalization of files before her and agreed with a slight nod. Everything had a structure and a place, just like she would have done herself.

With a sigh, Leia wondered what it must have been like for her mother, knowing that her life was in jeopardy, that her children were in certain peril, and understanding that she was going to have to give them up. Her mother ? Padmé Amidala Skywalker ? had known she would lose her children one way or another. For that reason, she had willingly let them go, with the hope her sacrifice would ensure their lives.

It was a pain Leia was not sure she could grasp. She was not sure she wanted to try.

Instead she concentrated on the information presented. Her mother was proving to be everything she had hoped and dreamed, even in the brief glimpses she had so far. At least, Leia thought, one of her parents had loved them beyond imagining. Finally, the scared little girl, who had been abandoned all those years ago and believed herself unworthy of love, was finding she had been loved beyond reason.

It was a truth Leia wanted desperately to hold onto and never let go.

Lost in her thoughts, Leia barely noticed when Luke had stopped his exploration of the data. She glanced to his face. Her brother?s eyes were focused on one file in particular. She returned her gaze to the screen and knew instinctively which one. In the top right of the display sat an unobtrusive folder with the title, Love Letters.

As much as her twin was captivated by the label, Leia feared it.

?Luke??

But it was too late; he tagged the file without bothering to ask. She was certain he had done so purposefully. Before she could manage to hurl a few sharp words the way of her overly sentimental brother, Artoo tweeted excitedly. The twins turned their heads in unison, just in time to catch a new holo of their mother as it appeared.

Padmé smiled longingly then began.

My darling Luke and Leia,

I am sure some day you will learn of your father, probably well before you have learned of me. The knowledge undoubtedly will make you fear the Skywalker blood in your veins, perhaps even despise it and the man who gave it to you. No one will hold such feelings against you. What I want you to better understand is the man your father was, the man who hides within him, the man I still love to this day.

Someday maybe, if you understand the good man who fathered you and loved you, you may be able to find him again, to save him where I have failed. I must cling to that hope.

For that reason, I have included every correspondence between your father and me. Since most of our relationship was spent apart rather than together, I think you will find the truest measure of our love within these letters and messages, some simple quick hellos, others detailed panoramas that left no doubt of our hearts? desires.

I am baring our souls to you, my precious children in the hope you w

8. elly

elly Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Wow....

*collapses* Done. Incredible, is really all I have to say. But you already know that ;)

You ought to know, this is the first fic of any kind that I've actually kept reading after the main character gets pregnant. It drives me nuts - I guess I'm just not at the point in my life where that appeals to me. But not only did I keep reading yours, I kept enjoying it. You don't know what an accomplishment that is, and it speaks extremely highly of your ability to create a story. Congratulations.

I'll leave this here as my guestbook entry. I'm confident you'll find it sooner or later. And when you do - how about that second wraith mission PM? ;)
    See you in Legacy.

Luv ells

9. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Whoa! That was beautiful! I believe it has gone to the top of my favorite list! :D
    I cannot find the words to express how that made me feel. Now if only we would get to see that kind of resolution from GL. ...begins to beg softly for Ep. VII - VIIII ...

Bravo, my Friend! [face_love] You truly are the Commander !

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: Wow. Awesome job Commander. I can't believe I didn't find this before now. [face_blush] Luke and Leia finding out more stuff about their parents is very sweet. [face_love] [face_love]

11. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    *wipes tears* Wow! :eek:

That was AMAZING! *I don't know what to say.*

I'm so mad at myself that I didn't find this sooner. You posted it when I was away on vacation. :_| I'm so sorry Commander. :(

I can only hope that canon will turn out to be close to your story. [face_love] [face_love] I will be very happy indeed. :)

I echo what Auntie said. BRAVO! *claps hands enthusiastically*

Why not post this in the Love Letters thread, Boss? :confused: More people would find it there. A gem such as this should not be hidden. :)

And Wraith Commander, could you at least let the silly wraiths know next time that there's a treasure to be hunted? We're a bit slow at times. :p

12. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    OOOOOO! I found EotP again, and theres a post here, too! Yay!!!!!!!!

Up we go. Everyone must read this wondeful peice of literature. Anny english teachers out there take note.... I'm sure there is a way you can fit this into your sechdual of books to be read!

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oh, wow! Commander, I've found a new favorite. Awesome, beautiful, I loved it. It was perfect. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

14. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    I just read the entire thing. It took two weeks (since I can't read much at a time on the computer) but I did. One word: INCREDIBLE!! Absolutely fantastic! [face_love] Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to go read Legacy. :) [face_love]

~Glo

EDIT - mark-up codes..

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I?ve been remiss on checking here, only because this thread's been more or less complete for awhile, but it looks like I owe some replies?

Elly: *collapses* Done. Incredible, is really all I have to say. But you already know that Heehee! It?s a doozy huh? Thanks for taking the time to read it and write something nice :D

You ought to know, this is the first fic of any kind that I've actually kept reading after the main character gets pregnant. It drives me nuts - I guess I'm just not at the point in my life where that appeals to me. But not only did I keep reading yours, I kept enjoying it. You don't know what an accomplishment that is, and it speaks extremely highly of your ability to create a story. Congratulations. Well thanks. Actually the funny thing is that kind of stuff usually doesn?t appeal to me so I wanted to prove it could be done where it was fun to read. I tried to give the pregnancy have a purpose, a reason to drive the plot. As it becomes essential to the plot it makes the story more interesting. Or so I tried to make it?

Auntie: Whoa! That was beautiful! I believe it has gone to the top of my favorite list! Oh thanks!

I cannot find the words to express how that made me feel. Now if only we would get to see that kind of resolution from GL. ...begins to beg softly for Ep. VII - VIIII ... begging right along with you babe!

Jaina_and_Jag: Luke and Leia finding out more stuff about their parents is very sweet. I liked the sense of closure fro them. They deserve it.

red: I'm so mad at myself that I didn't find this sooner. You posted it when I was away on vacation. I'm so sorry Commander. Sokay babe [face_love]

I can only hope that canon will turn out to be close to your story. I will be very happy indeed. *crossing fingers with you and Auntie*

Dark_Lighter: OOOOOO! I found EotP again, and theres a post here, too! Yay!!!!!!!! Such enthusiasm! :D

Everyone must read this wondeful peice of literature. Anny english teachers out there take note.... I'm sure there is a way you can fit this into your sechdual of books to be read! I don?t think it?s that good but thanks :) I?m glad you liked it that much ;)

Bulldog: Oh, wow! Commander, I've found a new favorite. Awesome, beautiful, I loved it. It was perfect. [face_blush] That?s all I can say to that.

puppyglo: I just read the entire thing. It took two weeks (since I can't read much at a time on the computer) but I did. One word: INCREDIBLE!! Absolutely fantastic! Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to go read Legacy. Wow! Such dedication for a story! Hope you find Lgc as enjoyable!

I also find it very fitting that this is my 3000th POST!

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Wow... I finished Chapter one... *puts her book mark on page two and wanders off*

If I'm gonna be here a while, I need munchies.

Where're those chips when you need them!??!

I'll admit, I kicked and screamed when I saw you in the awards, and even worse when my friend's told me that you were terrific, but now I'm biting the bullet (and my pride) and reading your work.

Oh, yeah, and admitting that I like it. :D

Congratulations!! :D

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    AJ: Wow... I finished Chapter one... *puts her book mark on page two and wanders off*

Oh my! Enjoy the ride ;)

If I'm gonna be here a while, I need munchies. Where're those chips when you need them!??!

Well I admit we tend to prefer McLando's fast food and Lomin Ale around here. It's along story... :p

I'll admit, I kicked and screamed when I saw you in the awards, and even worse when my friend's told me that you were terrific, but now I'm biting the bullet (and my pride) and reading your work

Sorry about the kicking and screaming, but it's nice that people spoke highly of my work. I hope the story is worthy of the read.

Enjoy!

Oh, yeah, and admitting that I like it. Congratulations!!

Thanks! :D

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This is a great story! Loved it! [face_love]

*sighs*

Very well done TKL! :)

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    LaYa: This is a great story! Loved it!
    WELCOME! :D Thanks for the reply even after all this time. I pop in on the old thread from time to time and it's always a blast to see someone else has ventured into the madness.

*sighs*
    In exhaustion I suppose :p Nothing like wading through all those posts.

Very well done TKL!
    Again thanks. [face_blush]

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    In exhaustion I suppose - Yes.. spent two days reading this! :D

Again thanks. - You're welcome ;)

21. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Just finished rereading this fic for like the millionth time.

I had a fight with my bf today and despite all the angst...I actually felt a little better after reading this fic.

Well, I'm off to bake some chocolate chip cookies...

22. bengaliwok

bengaliwok Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Hi there! I just finished reading your story! Took me a couple weeks in between helping people at the Credit Union her in NE! I think this is quite possibly one of the best Star Wars stories that I have ever read. I was so hooked on it after the first chapter. Im gonna go locate Legacy now and read that one and I am sure it will be just as good. Thanks for giving me something to read while I'm at work!

23. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Whoops! Popped in to check the old thread and found some replies! :D

LaYa_: Yes.. spent two days reading this!
    You did it in two days! :eek:

JediJainaSoloFel: Well, I'm off to bake some chocolate chip cookies...
    Care to share =P~

bengaliwok: Hi there!
    WELCOME!

I just finished reading your story!
    Everyone who does should get a prize - like Jagged Fel dolls. *Looks to Red and steals her stash while she's not looking*

Here! A Prize!

Im gonna go locate Legacy now and read that one and I am sure it will be just as good.
    Hope you're enjoying the read!

Thanks for giving me something to read while I'm at work!
    You're welcome!

24. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    UP! More People Read!

:p

25. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    It's been 3 or 4 days, but I've finally finished reading this story. It was graet. You really got the characters down pact. The ending was really touching as well. It made me sad that the story was ending. All in all, you did a good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.