main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    I wondered if the chapters of this story are in a single document, or several. I'd love to read. I think your handle of the writing, the characters, is amazing, and I admire your abilities.
    I haven't seen any new messages, since I'm starting at the beginning of this thread, but if you could send this fanfic to me, I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks. can't wait to read more!

2. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh wow!

That was amazing!

I just read the chapter with the holo of Padme and Dorme... It almost amde me cry! That was very beautifully and skillfully handled. You have a real gift. I wish I could write like that!

I can't wait to read more! Plowing through the chapters...

And one more thing, while I'm thinking of it. I have always much preferred that Luke were with Callista, not Mara, but I think I know part of why.
    The snips in the various books before they were married don't flow well. Mara is this hardened woman, bitter and hateful, wanting to kill Luke... then this womaon he won't let himself love, or tries to tell himself he can't risk loving... and there seems to be little in between.

It's not that I don't like Mara. I question their being together because of the mismatched snips from different books that didnt' always seem true to her character, not developing her well enough, to me. But when I read that bit with Luke and Mara, just before she went with Jaina into the Jedi trance, I saw again why I like her now in the NJO series better than I ever could have before.

Good writing. I wonder if you've written more I haven't found yet.

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    It's a doozy huh? Thanks for taking the time to read :D

I am always happy to do that. I rarely come over here so a PM is just the right amount of attention to get me on the move ;)

Why thank you. The Padme storyline is one of my favorites.

Well this does follow canon up to DW so I can't just dismiss the Mara storyline.

Oh there's tons of my stuff out there. Just click on the profile. Thanks for reading :)

4. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Understand about where in canon it falls, and about L/M. It's cool.

Should I PM you about sending it to me, or is this okay on the forum? Either way is fine. Just don't want to be a nag :p

Is there any reason why in the combo box it says '1 of 43' but the pages listed go up to 210? I thought each new thread started at one. :confused: :p

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Who know with the numbers, LostJedi?

Author Announcement!!

So finally after four odd years I finally braved to ask one of my fans to work up a little cover art for this story. Many thanks to Lt_Jaina_Solo for her hard work. [:D]

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/beechgq/EchoesofthePast.jpg]

6. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I read this wayyyy back in January and I really liked it.=D=

I'm half ( maybe a third) way through the sequel[face_dancing] I'l finish reading it soon[face_whistling]

Edit: I really like the cover art

7. tahirri_and_Anakin

tahirri_and_Anakin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2006
    Wow that has got to be the BEST story I have ever read in my life.=D=

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Hope that is going well. If you need a Word file to make the reading easier, just drop me a PM.

Why thank you :D

Well that's one of the BEST replies I have ever gotten. [:D] Thanks! :D

9. tahirri_and_Anakin

tahirri_and_Anakin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2006
    wow this story is really good=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.