main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Whew! 150 for me.

Thanks JJ00 and my husband for some great edits! :)

CHAPTER 5

Jaina, just recently out of the bacta tank, perched on the edge of the bunk in the medward. The medical droid finished attaching a device to her right temple, used to stimulate healing of the brain after an injury. The droid then pointed out her lightsaber and the datacard that was resting on the table beside the bunk. Jaina slipped the card into a datapad the droid provided. She smiled as she realized it was a message from Jag.

Dear Jaina,

I knew you would want your lightsaber. I also started the incident report for you. This datacard contains all the supporting data, including my flight record and Twin Suns Two?s flight record. All you have to do is make the necessary additions before filing it.

I thought you should know that my father is here on Mon Calamari as an ambassador from the Chiss Council. It looks like the Defense Force may get the assistance they so desperately need to end this war.

I am not sure when I will be able to see you. General Antilles has generously assigned me double command duty for the week in light of my rash actions on your behalf - a small price to pay for what transpired today.

It seems Uncle Wedge knows our secret. He expressed concerns about our relationship, and I explained our desire to keep it private. He appeared satisfied with that arrangement. I did not want you caught unaware if he spoke to you.

You are in my thoughts always. I look forward to when we can have a moment alone, sooner rather than later. I really wrote this note to give me an excuse to tell you I love you. So there it is.

I love you Jaina Solo.

You are in my heart always,

Jagged

Jaina smiled as she reread the note. It amazed her that deep inside Colonel Jagged Fel existed a man so different from the image he projected to the world, that some of her initial impressions were farthest from the truth, and that this was the man she had grown to love.

?It must be good reading.? Jaina Solo looked up at her mother flanked by her twin, letting her grin expand even more. Jaina deleted the message before putting the datapad down on the table.

?I was just pleased that Colonel Fel wrote my report,? Jaina offered. ?I?m glad you came. I wanted to talk to you.?

?Jacen said he was coming down to help you with the healing trance, so I decided to join him. Yesterday I sensed there was something you wanted to tell me.?

Jaina patted the vacant space next to her on the bed. ?I think you are going to need to sit for this.?

Leia could feel the excitement rolling off her daughter as if they were waves in the sea. Jacen pulled a chair over to sit in front of the two women. Jaina adjusted her position to face her mother, bringing one leg up in front of her. Jaina took Leia?s hands in hers.

?When I crashed I was unconscious for awhile. I had a vision while I was out. The vision was so real; it was not like a dream. I could feel things and touch things. I could touch her.?

?Who did you see??

?I saw Anakin Skywalker?s wife. I saw Grandmother.?

Princess Leia Organa Solo, the trained diplomat, could not keep the look of disbelief off her face, nor could she find words to voice her reaction. She heard what her daughter had said and knew the truth behind the words. The Force told her so.

?Did you hear me Mom? I saw your mother.?

Jacen reached forward and touched both women?s hands. ?I think she heard you. She just needs a minute to process it.? Tears welled in Leia?s eyes. ?It?s alright, Mom. Take a minute.?

Both children waited silently for their mother to compose herself. Leia took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. ?Did she speak to you?? Her voice cracked with emotion.

?Yes, some of the vision is blurred, probably from the concussion, but I remember pieces, most importantly, her name - Padme. Isn?t it beautiful??

?Padme.? The word fell from Leia?s lips like a beautiful song, a name that had been stolen from her long ago.

?

2. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Awww, the letter from Jag was so sweet! God post!

3. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    awww! Jaggie's note was so sweet! great postie! :D

4. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Wow. Hehehe. I just love the way you write, its just perfect. Jag is so sweet, darn it, I want a Jag! [face_love]Great post btw. :)

--RP

5. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Awww, Jag's so sweet [face_love]

Leia's reaction..it was so sad and happy at the same moment. Knowing a mother she never really knew.. :(

Another bravo for TKeira_Lea!

JSF24

6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Great post, as usual. Your characterization of Jag is so like the way I've imagined him. He is so sweet to Jaina. Isn't she the luckiest girl in the galaxy?

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    starkrusher: Thanks :)

jags_gurl: Thanks again :D

RangerPrincess: Welcome. You missed it last week JSF24 passed out Jag dolls. Mine was life size [face_love]

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24: TKL takes a bow.

jagsredlady: Great minds think alike. Yes, Jaina is a lucky girl.

-from Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham

A quick, glad surge lifted Jaina's heart. Wistfully, she wondered if someday she could merit the friendship of someone like Jag, someone whose gaze, like Leia's, never seemed to swerve from a hero's path.

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jagsredlady this post is for being a great mind [face_love]

The door comm chimed to the Skywalker apartment. Jaina did not expect an answer back, but rather felt the familiar touch of her aunt's presence welcoming her inside. The door slid open, and Jaina stepped through. She crossed the room to where Mara Jade Skywalker stood with open arms.

"I am glad to see you are in one piece young lady. I understand you had some excitement while we were gone." Mara wrapped her arms around her niece, squeezing with all the intensity she attacked everything in life. Mara probed Jaina's presence in the Force, making sure that the injuries were truly mended. Jaina sensed her aunt's concern and backed away to look her in the eyes.

"I am good as new. How's Ben?" Jaina used the subject of her cousin to dispel the concern.

Mara made a face at Jaina that told the younger woman she knew otherwise. "He is so big and handsome, but that is not what I am concerned about at this particular time. This is your Aunt Mara you are talking to, remember?"

Jaina conceded. "Almost good as new. A couple more healing trances, and I should be fine. I need the practice anyway. Never was very good at them."

Mara pressed the matter, not satisfied with letting Jaina off that easily. "Your brother said you came out of the healing trance early. Do you think that was wise?"

"I really needed to see Uncle Luke. It's important to him and Mom."

"Yes, it is, but not at your health's expense. Don't push too hard."

Jaina rolled her eyes at her aunt. Mara knew that Jaina was not unlike herself and would push until the bottom fell out. She decided to desist pressing the issue. "I have not seen either your mom or Luke this excited in a long time. Speaking of."

Both women faced the door, sensing the approach of the Skywalker twins. They entered the room, and Jaina was overcome by the emotions rolling off her usually reserved uncle.

"See what I mean?" Mara tossed a mischievous grin at Jaina.

Luke smiled at his wife and niece, wondering what secret they hid. "Jaina, I was so excited to hear your news."

Mara chuckled, and Jaina laughed out loud. "I can tell."

"Do you remember anymore, sweetheart?" Leia asked her daughter as she pecked a kiss to her cheek.

"No, nothing more than yesterday." Disappointment tainted Jaina's voice.

"Mara and I were thinking about trying to help you work on some memory enhancement techniques," Luke offered.

"Let's do it then."

Leia frowned at her overeager daughter, reflecting Mara's feelings outwardly. "Honey, don't you think you should get some rest first."

"I wish everyone would stop babying me. I appreciate the concern, but like I told Mara, I feel fine. I really need to do this."

Luke, sensing that Leia was still going to protest, interjected, "She should be fine. I will stop if I sense any undue stress to Jaina during the session."

"Oh no Farmboy." Mara cracked at her husband. "You're not doing this with Jaina."

"This is my mother you're talking about here, Mara. And I'm better at the technique."

"Think highly of yourself, do you?"

"Humility is the way of the Jedi," he quipped back at his wife.

"You really have too much invested in this emotionally to be at your best. I think Jaina would benefit from my unattached perspective in this case. Besides, being her former Master, I know her strengths and weaknesses better than you, or anyone else, for that matter."

Luke dropped his shoulders, conceding his wife's point. "As always, you are correct."

"Glad to see you have come to recognize that."

"Why don't you two work in the bedroom. We will be waiting anxiously out here."

Mara motioned for Jaina to follow her into the bedroom. "Skywalker, work on containing those emotions. We don't need any distractions."

Enjoy your Sunday ;)

9. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    More Padme coming up? That would be so sweet if Luke and Leia could see what their mother looked like and just knowing her. :) Short, but sweet! Can't wait for tomorrow!

JSF24

RangerPrincess - *digs through a bag, not finding anything. Shakes it viciously, but nothing* Sorry..*face lights up and runs to her x-wing, diving head first into the cockpit, legs wave in the air. A muffled "I found it", then a mad dash to you, smiling* Here you go *pulls out a Jagged Fel figure from behind her back* Hope you enjoy :)

10. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Haha! That was great! I love Mara!

If she probes Jaina's mind isn't she going to start asking questions about the man that Padme was talking about (aka Jag)?

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JAINA_SOLO-FEL: Thanks for finding another Jag doll for RangerPrincess. It's nice when everyone can be included. I'm not sharing my 6' doll with anyone. Mine. Mine. My precious. Oops wrong movie ;)

Yes, it would be nice to let Luke and Leia see their mother at some point. Hmmm! Let me think about that. [whispers] Stop poking around in my head [/whispers] ;)

There won't be any Luke and Leia tomorrow though I hate to say. I have to take care of some icky Vong business. Not my favorite subject but necessary to the story. Lots of Luke/Leia/Jaina to come, then J/J fans can be rest assured there will be lots of action in that department starting Wednesday.

starkrusher: There are more important things in the works than boyfriend issues to concern Mara right now. It will be interesting to see what develops.

"Politicians tend to view soldiers like their pet Cyborrean battle dogs...Since we are the ones who get bitten and bleed and die, we tend to resist plans that are politically expedient but militarily suicidal."

-Admiral Ackbar to Wedge Antilles in X-Wing Rogue Squadron

12. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

That was great, I can see Mara doing that! ;)

Aaah! Thank you JSF24!*huggles* :D

13. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Wonderful Mara/Luke interaction.Wicked post when do we get to see more?

JJF

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Awwww, thank you TKeira_Lea. That was so sweet.

Your Luke and Mara characters are right on the money.

And I love that quote you posted from Dark Journey. This line to me shows that Jaina has a high regard for Jagged Fel. She compares him to her mom in a heroic sense. She is not just attracted to him physically, as the Jaina/Jag detractors would like to believe. (Although she is very attracted to him physically as well.)

15. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Great job!! I can't wait for more. You've interwoven both trilogies and the EU nicely I think.

~Rogue

16. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    Great! Please post more, I love this story.

17. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    You post too quickly, TKeira! :)

I really like where you're going with the whole vision thing--I can't wait to see what the fallout of that situation is. It's always interesting when an author gives Luke and Leia a glimpse into their past, and this looks like an unparalleled opportunity for them to learn about a time before the Galactic Civil War.

I think Leia especially would learn a great deal from "meeting" her biological mother--after all, they were very similar people. Padme and Leia were both politicians, and very strong women. They both made a bold choice where their husbands were concerned, and they both try to find the solution that is best for everyone.

The note from Jag was sweet and just like him; above all, he's a very considerate person, though he cannot always find ways to express himself.

Great posts, and keep up the great work!

18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Wow lots of posts :)

JainaJag00: You didn?t post but everyone should know JJ00 is the best beta. She is getting these reviews back so you can read them as fast as we can get them up. Everyone give JJ00 a big hug!! [face_love]

*hugs*

RangerPrincess: Now everyone has a Jag doll. If someone doesn?t have a Jag doll, talk to JSF24, she?s the Mirax Terrik Horn of the group, always finding a stash somewhere. [whispers]Or just sneak over to her X-wing and scrounge around one is bound to turn up, I think she is hording a bunch for herself. Can?t blame her though [/whispers] RP Don?t squeeze your doll too tight.

p.s. Mara is fun to write.

Jedi_jainafel: Tune in everyday for more. J/J action on Wednesday. Promise. Cool scene on Tuesday too. I think everyone will be truly surprised.

jagsredlady: Thanks for the kudos on L/M.

Re: the quote ? Those quotes remind me what drives these characters. They are important to writing the story. They remind us the true nature of each character.

rogue11lovesjag: Thanks :D

XaveriiJade: Welcome. You will have to ask JSF24 for your Jag doll. See above. ;)

Xaara: Too fast :eek: Everyone is begging for more. You will just have to keep up. Just teasing. I look forward to your comments most of all. You have a wonderful insight into the story. Keep me honest.

The vision becomes more important to the story. It will weave together Padme/Leia/Jaina. It will be fun to see what develops.

Okay a post later. Icky Vong stuff. Cool post on Tuesday. J/J mush for TBF (we miss you by the way) on Wednesday.

- Admiral Ackbar to Wedge Antilles in X-Wing Rogue Squadron

?We know war is barbaric, but we try not to be barbaric in waging war. We hold ourselves to a high standard that demands we only attack legitimate military targets ? not civilians, not medical frigates. We would like to see this honor we demand of ourselves reflected in the actions of our enemies.?

Tell that to the Vong, Admiral, when you send their butts packing!!

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I know no one wants a post about Vong dedicated to them, so I will dedicate it to my new tattoo! (Ow, that hurt :_|)

Edit: Xaara was disappointed I didn't give her this post so

*TKL yanks it away from her tattoo* *tattoo yanks back* *TKL grunts & pulls harder* *flop goes TKL on the floor* *"Stang, if only I was a Jedi I would have seen that coming* *whips a few Vong with her post dedication before handing it off to Xaara with a deliberate bow*

Are you happy now?

Yoog Skell entered the chambers of the Supreme Overlord, bearing news for his master. He did not fear death. Yoog Skell was sure his life would end today. Lord Shimrra would surely kill him for the failings of his clan. Yoog Skell bowed before the throne.

?Rise Yoog Skell. You bring word of the infidel?s capture, I presume.?

?Lord Shimrra, I must report that the infidel Jeedai Jaina Solo evaded our capture. The female twin destroyed all but two of our mine patrol coralskippers, before her ship was forced to land on the planet. Her craft was destroyed, but there was no sign of her on the planet. The remains of two warriors the infidel defeated were found.?

?I become weary of the failings of your clan to capture one small human girl who mocks our gods. She must be made to pay for her blasphemy, or your clan will pay for your failings.? Lord Shimrra rose out of his seat, his voice rising with him. ?There are whispers among our people that there is truth to the girl?s claim, that the Jeedai Jaina Solo is the embodiment of the goddess, Yun Harla. Every time she evades our capture or performs another feat against our forces these whispers grow louder.?

?Yes, I have heard these rumors.?

?The human infidel must be stopped. It is time to declare a Yunchavral against the girl twin. Her time to die has come. Let it be known, there will be a great reward for the warrior and his clan who brings the Solo girl to Yuuzhan?tar and allows me the pleasure of carving out the blasphemous tongue from her mouth.?

?It will be done.? Yoog Skell paused; grateful he would live to see another day. ?There is additional news from Mon Calamari, Master.?

The Supreme Overlord returned to his throne and motioned for Yoog Skell to continue.

?It appears that the New Republic, or Galactic Alliance as they call themselves now, found a new ally in the Chiss people, a formidable race of warriors from the farthest edges of the galaxy. The Chiss are negotiating a pact with the new government at Mon Calamari as we speak.?

?I have heard of these Chiss. There could be serious repercussions if the Chiss enter this battle. Our forces still need time to rebuild. The new implants have not been placed in enough slaves to make up for the significant loses at Ebaq. I suggest, Yoog Skell, you devise a way to make the Chiss understand their decision to ally with the Galactic Alliance was a grievous mistake, and at the first possible opportunity that presents itself.?

Sorry that was so unexciting, but I had to do it, kind of like going to get your teeth cleaned - It's necessary but not very fun. I promise better tomorrow. ;)

20. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    thanx soooo much tkl! glad u like it!

*returns hug*

-jj00

21. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    TKeira_Lea*ReB* Didn't know you and Jag were so...*L* Nevermind..If I take it away, I think you might become something horrible, something vicious..A Kyp writer! :p *L* Sorry for that comment to all those that like Kyp with Jaina :)

*strugs* Sorry, what can I say, I'm a Jedi! *EG* [face_devil] *probes some more to find out what's coming in from J/J* J/K :)

RangerPrincess - *face turns blue from the hug, tries to take a breath to say* No problem *gasp* :)

Runs to her x-wing, looks around suspiciously and then locks her canopy. Takes a peek inside, nods and walks off, looking around once more. Whistles away

*whispers* TKeira_Lea, now why did you have to say that *looks around* Now i'll have a mob trying to get into my ship and I'll still have to find a new hiding place... :p *L*

The Vong?? :mad: Another attempt at Jaina? Awww, this means another Jag rescue and maybe a injured Jag *puts on her nurse uniform, smiling* I'm ready to fix Jag up? [face_mischief]

JSF24

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JJ00 good to see you in the thread ;)

JSF24 Injure Jag. I wouldn't dream of touching that boy. At least not yet, unless it's Jaina touching him. *hehe*

Stop hording the Jag dolls, I may have to do something drastic.

There is a first time for everything...

Gavin rolled onto his side on the next bed over. "Never done that before."

"Blunder into a lightfight or spend time in a bacta tank?"

"Neither."

-Gavin Darklighter to Corran Horn in X-Wing Rogue Squadron

23. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Ooh, a Vong post! The villans are what make a story interesting, TKeira--you can dedicate them to me anytime. :D

You expressed the Yuuzhan Vong mentality well in that last post; they have such a fanatical devotion to their religion. Actually, their fanaticism is what I think will kill them in the end because they become very predictable when taunted. In the words of Corran Horn in Iron Fist: "... predictability gets you killed."

Keep up the great writing!

24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Xaara Thank you for the compliment. I had a hard time writing them. It is interesting that you say,

...their fanaticism is what I think will kill them in the end because they become very predictable...

because that is almost exactly a line I use later on in Chapter 8 and will become vital to the story in Chapter 11.

How did you get so smart? [face_mischief]

P.S. I edited the post to dedicate it to you, my tattoo is very disappointed though. It is much prettier than anything a Vong would have anyway.

"Good to see both of you hale and hearty."

"Hearty, perhaps, sir, but hale will need some work...A night's rest ought to make it all right."

- Wedge to Corran and Gavin after leaving the bacta tanks with Corran responding in X-Wing Rogue Sqaudron

25. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    TKeira_Lea - *waves from her cockpit, holding a Jagged Fel figure*

[image=http://members.aol.com/dnjcustoms2/images/jagged%20fel%2001.jpg]

Hehe. Now, where are the others...the ones that are shirtless? Oh and the other life-size one... [face_devil]

OH for all you Jagged Fel fans out there..here's an official picture of him...though I think he could be altered a bit...

[image=http://www.xwpilots.de/Komponenten/Jag_NEGtC.gif]

JSF24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.