main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Why thank you for the dedication, TKeira. *bows to tattoo* My most sincere apologies for the loss of your moment of fame. :)

And as for how I got so smart...well, sometimes I look at my brother and just realize that all the intelligence genes in this family went to one person... ;) (Uh-oh, he's reading this over my shoulder as I'm writing. Well, it's been nice knowing you... :) )

But seriously now, folks, Ackbar played off the Vong mentality in his Master Plan (which, incidentally, we didn't really learn all that much about) in Destiny's Way. In his own words: "I know how to beat them now. ? I've been working very hard on a strategic plan for the war, and now Jacen has confirmed my ideas of the Yuuzhan Vong character. I think victory is now conceivable."

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Boy you sure do know your stuff. I'll be PM'ing you when I need some info. ;)

The Hint
    Rebel Dream, Day 39

A sharp pain sprang in her gut, as though she'd inadvertantly swallowed a vibroblade and her movements had finally switched it on.

3. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Boo Hoo :_|

I knew no one would like my Vong part, not one post last night.

Except Xaara and JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 :) (JJ00 too but she's my beta, she already knows about the icky Vong stuff.)

Oh well, I don't like them either. So I am giving myself a much needed bump.

The Beginning
    Rebel Dream, Day 39 (cont.)

But she held herself straight. She had to be able to look him in the eye when he started in on the verbal beating she knew she deserved.

They reached the conference room, its door open, its interior cool and dark; Jag turned on the overhead lights, closed the door behind Jaina.

She faced him, hoping that what she was feeling wasn't reflected in her expression. "I know what you're going to say," she told him.

"I don't think you do." Oddly, his face was not the stern mask she'd expected. If anything, he looked uncertain, unlike the Jag Fel she was used to.

Fixing pages now to post. Good stuff coming - I promise

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    This post is for JSF24 since she responded to my Vong post. I already took care of Xaara yesterday. :)

Mara sat cross-legged on the bed, shoulder to shoulder with Jaina, who sat in the same fashion, facing the other direction. They were holding each other?s hand. Jaina?s rhythmical breathing mirrored her aunt?s breathing, long slow controlled breaths. The Jedi Master was impressed with the sense of focus she perceived from her former apprentice.

Mara guided Jaina through the workings of her mind, until the foggy memories of the vision appeared. Mara became a spectator to the events unfolding in their collective consciousness. The images she received were Jaina?s mind attempting to reconstruct the vision.

Jaina walked down a wide hallway lined with tall windows, bright sunlight flowing through them. A line of waterfalls were visible out the windows. Jaina reached the end of the hallway and pushed on the double doors before her, stepping into a large room. Jaina recognized the room. A bed covered in the finest linens. Ornate wood furniture along the walls. The curtains flowing in the breeze around the open window. In front of the window stood Jaina?s grandmother, her hair waving in the gentle wind.

?Hello Jaina.?

?Hello Grandmother.?

?Did you forget something??

?Yes, can you remind me??

?Yes, listen carefully. You will carry the galaxy and the Jedi into the future. Do you remember??

?That is my destiny.?

?Your time in the shadow is over.?

?For I have love.?

?You are part Anakin Skywalker, so, too, you are part of me.?

?I will walk in your footsteps.?

?And you will have love.?

?For in my strength lies the end of the suffering.?

Padme reached forward and embraced Jaina.

?You were right. He came,? she whispered in Padme?s ear. Jaina stepped away from her grandmother. ?I told Mother and Uncle Luke that you love them and that you are so very proud of them.?

?Tell them the truth has always been with them.? Padme stood on her tiptoes and kissed Jaina?s forehead.

A blinding light filled the room. Padme smiled at Jaina through the light, and then leaned over. Jaina?s eyes followed her. Next to her grandmother rested a droid. Padme placed a chip in one of its data receivers. The blinding light grew stronger and Jaina blinked.

When she opened her eyes, Padme?s lips were touching Jaina?s forehead again. Jaina was falling backwards. Her grandmother?s voice filled the room. ?The truth is in me??

Mara snapped awake from her trance. Her niece had fallen back onto the bed still in the trance. Mara sent a mental summons to Luke. He entered the room silently and gazed upon his niece. He looked questioningly at his wife. ?Is she alright??

?I think so. I was thrown out of the trance at the end. I have never experienced anything like that before.? Luke sat down on the bed and started to reach for his niece. Mara stopped him with a touch. ?Give her a minute.?

Luke put his hand back down.

Mara gathered her thoughts and spoke softly. ? Luke, I think that besides the issue of your mother, the Force is trying to communicate something to Jaina. I think she has an important role to play.?

?You got that from the vision??

Mara nodded. ?It was like Jaina was meant to speak to your mother, that she had an important message that only she could deliver.?

Leia had quietly entered the room as the couple spoke and sat on the bed next to her daughter. Jaina began to move slowly, dragging her hand to her forehead. Her brow furrowed for a second, before her eyes shot open wide with discovery. Jaina sat up suddenly.

?I remember,? she exclaimed as she jumped off the bed and sprinted from the room. The rest followed her into the main room. Jaina scanned the room before spinning to face her uncle. ?Where?s Artoo??

The question was unexpected and caught the Master Jedi off guard. ?Uh, he is in the back room that we use for an office. I think he?s recharging.?

Jaina ran to the back of the apartment. Luke

5. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ... [face_shocked]

that was an amazing post! i can't wait to see where this story is going!

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jedida: Thank you :)

The story is definitely going places [face_mischief]

The Question
    Rebel Dream, Day 39

"We both know your command decisions were far afield of common sense and effective strategy. We don't even have to discuss that. What I have to know..." He hesitated, and if anything looked even less sure of himself than before. "What I have to know is this: Why did you do it?"

7. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    That was really neat! Scary, but definitely a plausible idea as to what happened to Padmé and Anakin after his fall to the dark side, and the consequences for Naboo. The whole story is so tragic, and I can't wait to see what Jaina's part in the whole scheme of things is. After all, she is the direct female descendent of Padmé Amidala Skywalker, so I'm sure she will somehow be tied in to this whole historical drama. You're keeping me on the edge of my seat!

As for the stuff I know, I have a memory much like Lara claims to have in Iron Fist?I remember random things which are often useless when I'm trying to recall exactly which book someone appeared in or lightsaber colors (my personal pet peeve. :) ) I have a pretty good memory for quotes, though?I don't know why?I guess they just stick in my head.

Happy and safe New Years to you, too. Keep up the good work!

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Xaara Thanks.

I needed away to justify why we haven't heard about Naboo in any post-ROTJ books. I mean Palpatine was from Naboo. It would be logical that it would be an important part of the Empire as it was in the Old Republic. Did he manipulate Vader into destroying his own history for him? And how could he do it? Padme was a logical answer. And how is it that after the whole galaxy knows that Vader is Luke and Leia's father, no one has come forth with info about Padme? Hmmm? This is just my tragic twist to it all. I don't think Anakin/Vader would be capable of killing Padme no matter what the circumstances, but her death would seal his fate with Palpatine and the Jedi.

As for Jaina's part, it is a common theme that you cannot escape your past. We saw that when Jaina turned to the Dark Side in Dark Journey. Only her circumstances were different and she was able to be saved before she did something too horrible. I believe that trip down the dark side will keep Jaina centered as she acts as the "Sword of the Jedi." How far will Jaina struggle down Padme's path, and how will the Force use Jaina in its design, like it did with Padme? Without Padme and the birth of Luke and Leia, the Empire's reign would still be strong.

The Glimmer of Hope
    Rebel Dream, Day 39

"I don't know."

"You do know. You have to know. Nobody else but you could know." He leaned in closer. It wasn't a posture of intimidation; he stared into her eyes as if he hoped to find an answer, any answer, written in tiny letter on her pupils. "Answer me."

9. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    That was a great post TKeira_Lea! The way you told how Padme died and the destruction of Naboo was very real and I could actually see that happening in Episode 3. I wish though, somehow, Padme was still alive, to bring what information she had on the Old Republic and the Jedi Council and just about everything. Once again, great post!!

:)

JSF24

10. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow! What a good post! The whole message from Padme was sooo well done. My eyes were glued to the monitor. Great job!

11. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    that was a great post! i really liked your explanation for why Naboo is never mentioned- and hte entire post was fantastic! :D

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    THose posts were really awesome! I hope that things get better between Jag and soontir and wedge. Happy New Year!!!!

Love NYC

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    OOOO I am so happy people liked my post. It is one of my favorites. :)

...other than J/J mush...

OK more of that New Year's Day!

Have a great evening, I'll be watching the ball drop with old Dick Clark [face_mischief]

14. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I really liked that post! I think the way you handled the idea of Naboo was really good, and that's a good explanation of what happened to Padme. Congratulations!

~Rogue

15. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    ... [face_shocked] .......wow....that was an amazing post.

Vader really went insane when Padme killed herself with his lightsaber, pity 'bout Naboo to it's always been my favourite planet out of Star Wars.

JJF

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24: Thanks. Padme is still alive in a way. But more about that later...

starkrusher: *TKL uses knife to pry sk's eyes from screen* Here you go. *holds eyes out* Now don't do that again. Thanks ;)

jags_gurl: Yeah! :D

NYCitygurl: Better between Jag/Soontir/Wedge? Not yet [face_devil]

rogue11lovesjag: Thanks Sticks!

Jedi_jainafel: :eek: I like Naboo too, but now we found it again maybe we can use it?

Post coming soon!

The Confession
    Rebel Dream, Day 39

"I...I..." Her voice hoarsened until she was sure she could no longer use it, but finally words emerged, words that seemed to be coming from a child. "Everyone is going away." Tears blurred her vision. "They keep going away and I can't stop it. I didn't want you to go away."

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jedida this post is for you since you had the first response yesterday. :)

Hope everyone likes this one as mush, I mean much ;) This scene contains the excerpt used for the [face_love]Best Romance Category [face_love] in the Summer 2003 Fan Fiction Awards. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 6

Jaina brushed her wet hair back into a high ponytail and gave herself a once over in the mirror, before exiting the refresher. She picked up her utility belt, which had been draped over the chair in her sparse quarters, and fastened it around her waist. As she fastened her lightsaber into place on her belt, Jaina felt a tingling in her mind announcing her brother?s presence at the door as sure as if she had seen him. Jaina used the Force to activate the door.

?Come in, Brother. Here to check on your patient, I presume?? Her tone was as light as her mood.

?I just came from seeing Mom and Uncle Luke. They are quite a pair, scanning all the information downloaded from Artoo. They have been at it for hours.?

?I know. Who would have thought Artoo had the truth in him all along.?

?The Force works in mysterious ways.? Jacen crossed over to the bed against the back wall and sat down. ?So where are you off to??

?I am going to turn my report into Wedge and ask to return to duty.?

?Are you sure you?re ready to do that??

?I feel great. Those couple of healing trances did the trick. Nothing like a good crash to fix you right up.?

Jacen face became long, displaying his concern. ?Jaina, I really think??

?Jacen, stop. You can?t keep worrying about me every moment of every day. I?m a big girl. First one out, remember?? She walked across the room as she spoke and sat on the bed next to her twin, taking his hand in hers. ?You can?t be my savior all the time. Besides, I don?t feel like I did before Ebaq. I am not figuring the odds until my death anymore. I?m all right.?

Jacen squeezed her hand. ? I thought I felt a change in your attitude when you got back from Naboo. It wouldn?t happen to do with some stuck-up fighter pilot would it?? They both laughed at the memory of Jacen?s initial reaction to his sister?s revelation concerning Jagged Fel.

?It does. I love him, and he loves me. We can?t be open about it. We know and those close to us know. That?s enough for now. It gives me a reason to make it to the other side of this war.?

?Well, I don?t know if I will change my opinion about the man, seeing he is stealing my sister and all, but I am glad you?re happy.? He leaned over and kissed Jaina on the cheek. ?Tell Fel that one wrong move, and he has a Jedi twin brother to answer to.?

?Get in line. Wait until Dad finds out.?

Jacen flashed the famous lop-sided Solo grin. ?Make sure I am there for that.? He patted Jaina on the leg and then rose from the bed. ?I know better than to try to get you to slow down. Can?t fault a guy for trying. I guess I?ll get going then,? he said, heading for the door.

?Jacen,? Jaina called after him. Jacen turned to face his twin as she followed him the short distance to the door.

?Yes.?

?About Jag. Let me tell Mom and Dad.?

?Not a problem. Jag is too good a pilot to lose to Dad?s wrath. For the sake of the war effort, your secret is safe with me.?

?Thanks, Jace. You are the best twin brother a girl could ever have.? Jaina returned the classic Solo grin before Jacen turned and left the room.

Jaina ran back to the refresher to review her appearance and decided she still looked a little pale. Not wanting to give Wedge any reason to deny her request, Jaina lightly applied some makeup to add color to her face before heading out of the room.

Jaina walked briskly from the barracks to the headquarters, using the time to organize her thoughts. She tried to anticipate any arguments Wedge would give her about returning to duty so soon. Most people would take a week or more to recover from such injuries, but Jaina was a Jedi. She hoped he would understand her desire to get back in the fight.

Jaina?s thoughts

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was sooooo sweet!!!!!

Love NYC

19. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    WOW indeed. Boy, can Jag multitask. LOL. I loved it. I love him, he makes me shiver up my spine. And he can keep Jaina who is a Jedi on her toes. Enough gushing, nah...Gush,gush,gush.

TKeira_Lea, what a prolific writer you are. It seems I missed a couple posts. Everything was great, and thank you for bringing in yet another of my favorite SW women, Padme.

20. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Oh, Happy New Year, everyone. I forgot to say it after reading that exciting post. Jag..(sigh)

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    lol. Happy New Year!!!!!

Love NYC

22. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Another sweet moment with the twins :) I knew Jacen would be protective of his sister, but you never see that in the books, well not much anyway when Jaina liked Zekk in the Young Jedi Knight series. He's such a good brother :)

:eek: *L* Jag [face_love] Who knew underneath all that coldness and grimness he could sweep a girl off her feet (or chair :p) *L* Multi-tasking huh? I call it more than that. *LOL*

Great Post! :_| School starts up again tomorrow, hopefully I can still keep up!

Great Post TK! J/J sweetness (both of them :) )

JSF24

23. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    What an awesome post to start the new year with! So great!

24. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    <drools>

I [face_love] Jag. seriously, what would the universe do without him? peril. absolute peril.

great post! note to self: always be the first to respond to T_L's stories ;) ! nice Jaina/Jacen interaction too (but the Jaina/Jag was better! :D )

ooo... overuse of the smilies by Jedida. Too much partying I guess :D

Happy New Year!

-Jedida

25. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    nice posts here!

just a plug:

Colors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.