main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Econo Lodge - a Jedi rest stop

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JediLuis, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLuis

JediLuis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi! This is my first posting so be gentle. I am staying at the Econo Lodge on Harding St. Does anyone know this place and how far it is from the convention center? I am arriving on Thurs afternoon, so I want to explore downtown a bit. I am from Northern California.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    The Harding Street Econo Lodge I believe is about 6 miles southwest of downtown, though I'm not definite on that.

3. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    yeah, I'll be there with a couple others from Austin. According to Orbitz.com its about 5 miles.

4. JediLuis

JediLuis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks for the information....guess I'll be needing a rent-a-speeder after all.

5. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm driving in from Knoxville TN on Friday. Hope to see you there.

6. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Yeah, it's 5 miles from the convention center. I'll be at the Lodge on Wednesday night. Hope to see you there!

7. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I know my friend and I are staying at an Econolodge that is 5 miles away, think it might be the same one, hope to see ya there!!

8. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    The econolodge is on the south west side of Indy. 465 is the highway that circles the city. There is a HARDING EXIT on 465 WESTBOUND (from the east side of Indy). The Hotel should be well marked from that point. I'm pretty sure it's at the EXIT.
    Check back later for updates from INDY FANS.

Invasion of Indianapolis
    COMING SOON-

9. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Econolodge is right at the 465/harding exit. You can see the sign as your getting off the highway. Plenty of fast food, gas stations, and even a strip club nearby . I don't know if that's your scene and if it isn't, you probably should just ignore that part.

10. JediLuis

JediLuis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    I wonder if there are going to be more of us at this crazy out of the way hotel? It sounds like we should all go downtown and meet up with the people staying near the convention center or meet up the Indy Knights.

11. JediLuis

JediLuis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    OK one more try at seeing if anyone is going to be here....I am coming from CA alone and wouldnt mind gathering a group from the EconoLodge to explore the wonders of downtown Indy. I will be coming in Thurs and be at the hotel after 4pm. Maybe I could get the Econolodge to have a Star Wars info board at the front desk so we can contact one another....anyone interested?

12. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Jedi:

I'll be coming into the Econo Lodge Wednesday night from FL. Also, I think jedisister said she would be coming to the hotel that night as well. I'd love to get together so we can coordinate things. I've already rented a car, but I'm not sure if I might visit relatives on Thursday in Ohio which means I wont be there when you get there.
    As for the info board, it's a great idea, but I don't know how to handle that with the Econo Lodge management or whatever. I could ask when I get there about setting something up.

13. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey JediLuis,
    I'm coming solo from Detroit and I'm staying at the Econolodge also. I'm gonna try to hook up with the fanforce from Detroit and get into some late night hijinks after the convention. But I didn't think there would be so many people staying at this hotel. Maybe we could throw some kind of get together at the hotel after the convention. I just read they are showing all the movies at the convention after 7:00 fri and sat night. So I'll be sewed up into that til after midnight. I'm glad somebody else is coming solo. I was starting to feel all isolated and stuff.:) Hope to see you there, bro.

14. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Can I ask how much you all pay?

15. JediLuis

JediLuis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Im actually paying 40.00 a night. Well I am glad to see that there are enough of us at the motel to keep things interesting. I am going to talk to the Econolodge today to see if they will allow for some sort of Star Wars Bulletin board in the lobby so that we can leave messages if people need help or just wnat to hang out. I am coming in Thurs at 4pm so if anyone wants to hang out and talk Convention strategy let me know.

16. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Damn, that's a GOOD price [face_jealous], $40 a room!

17. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    I'm staying at the same motel, so this is great!
    I was worrying about missing out on the action of meeting other fans. Maybe a carpool may be in order....

18. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.