main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Economics of Force-nexuses

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ugohr Poof, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    I have always suspected the construction of a Force-nexus from scratch to be expensive and the early stages of construction were the most expensive. But how expensive are they? Do the Force-alignment of the nexus have an impact on construction costs?

Now, I know it's a ridiculous question, but I have a RP reason to do it. The governor of a planet with an unfinished Force-nexus awards a contract to finish the construction of the Force-nexus on its planet to my character's corporation and plans to use the resulting (dark-sided!) Force-nexus for tourism, more specifically a horror theme park, in an humongous cemetery.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Aren’t they only naturally occurring? Or at least in as far as that some major event must have taken place there and literally soaked the place full .

Revanfan1 and bizzbizz like this.
  3. Ugohr Poof

May 11, 2016
    And also another corporation would be tempted to commercially exploit the Petranaki Arena (by the time of that RP renamed as Stalgasin Memorial Stadium) as a light-sided nexus (the basis of which being the 180+ Jedi deaths in Ep.2)... just that I want to make sure to get the economics right: unlike most Star Wars RP groups, mine has more of an economic focus.

Even though the Force-nexus will ultimately become the property of the First Order (by virtue of Jiroch-Reslia being a First Order world in that RP), the First Order wants to make sure they are getting their money's worth.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm not sure, that they count as Force-nexi, but didn't Naga Sadow build the pyramids on Yavin as places, where the power of the Force could be collected?

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    If I remember correctly, the Sith pyramids helped concentrate/amplify the surrounding Force.

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Their natural phenomena if I understood the material correctly.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see the Sith Emperor being callous enough to produce Dark Nexuses like the Dark Side Cave (via having darksiders die spectacularly) purely for his own profit. Maybe he could be working with the governor of this planet to create the nexus as a tourism spot?

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think nexus are dangerous enough without the Force.

10. Ugohr Poof

May 11, 2016
    Let's not forget Byss: Force-alchemy was used there without excessive casualties, and yet Byss (or parts thereof) became a dark-sided Force-nexus.

You mean the First Order's Supreme Leader... Jiroch-Reslia was the site of the Reslian Purge, and in the wake of the Purge nearly all dark-siders among the Tunroth were killed ca. 10 BBY back in the Imperial era (and presumably light-siders too, but they were in hiding across the galaxy).

You can easily imagine a cemetery housing 1+ billion bodies housing a few hundred or a few thousand dark-sider corpses... and also the public backlash against Jiroch-Reslia's governor when the contract for the Force-nexus was awarded.

Iron_lord likes this.