main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ECW

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Saberwielder315, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Ecwbrandlogo.JPG]

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    That first show...sucks.

3. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I tend to agree, it was really weak.

4. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    My turn to chime in...

After so many shows, I'm TRYING to muster up the hope that something happens to radically change things(as it happened when Heyman did his shoot promo on TNN over their mistreatment of the brand)...but truthfully? With every WWE second-stringer that defects to ECW, a little of what made the original ECW the cult success that it was dies.

I mean, is this really ECW, or is this, like, "Extreme Smackdown"? Renee Dupree? Matt Striker? Test? Heyman defended that notion by bringing up the Arn Anderson issue, but Paul? Those were GUEST SPOTS, if I remember correctly.

One memorable moment thus far, cementing the point? The BEAUTIFUL reaction to the Batista vs. Big Show matchup.

So...anything positive about all this? Truthfully, yes. So long as they let the guy diversify in terms of his wrestling routine, I'm LOVING CM Punk. There's also another little observation I feel needs to be said...

There are those out there who think Stone Cold Steve Austin's WWE act was a carbon copy of the Sandman's rep. With Austin sidelined by virtue of his chronic neck injury, it's nice to see that the originator of the act is back in action...and I very much enjoyed the inter-gender tag match between Sandman, Dreamer and Torrie Wilson vs. Test, Mike Knox and Kelly Kelly(although I would not have used Wilson. That would have been a great opportunity for Francine to make her debut. Oh well...).

Otherwise? Vince, the fans know what the true ECW was all about...and YOUR ECW, sir, is no ECW. It's more like...E-C-Doublecross!

In the words of a wrestling show critic who wrote an article about the new show...let ECW be ECW. Please.

How, you might ask?

Get the show off Sci-Fi and get it over to where it belongs...on the Showtime Extreme premium cable channel.

My two Republic Credits on the issue, of course...

- Johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.