main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Eden Rising

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by The External, Mar 10, 2017.

1. The External

The External Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

Eden Rising

You walk across the busy city street, moving with the crowd of many people headed to their own places for differing reasons and at the same time going against others who are headed for the other way. Your shoulder is bumped numerous times. People as pushy as ever that seemingly never changes. Some may have good reasons to be in such a hurry but thats low in chance. In the end it doesn't really matter.

Eyes turning upward and all over, you notice the ever-climbing heights of the skyscrapers. Sky Scraper. Very apt. Just keep scraping, you think, scrape away. You can almost hear the quiet scratching noises at the soft substance that the sky could possibly be if it were more substantial.Even up there in those lofty heights, there are ships flying in every direction. Beyond them lies space where far more make their adventures to all corners of the galaxy. So many species, so many planets

So many wrongs.

The endless waltz of history plays through your mind suddenly, not the first time. There has been so many wars and prejudices! all that death and corruption from arrogance and power - injustice spread to all corners!

All this while your body is being pushed onto the road alongside the sidewalk you were on. Barely noticing.

The corporations, the governments, the laws, the terror, the almighty authorities. The rich, the poor. The leaders, the followers. The heroes, the villains. Pariahs, martyrs, soldiers, politicians, adults, children, the innocent, the guilty: it goes on and on. The sane. The insane. Wait on that last one. Is that really the truth? Or is it the other way around. Are we, the ones on the outside the insane and the ones on the inside sane? Or are we just as insane but on another level? Where is your mind taking you to with all this pondering? This weird path of questions?To one question.

Is the galaxy the way it should be right now? Not if its perfect or not. Thats obvious! are we on the right path? The answer is a simple one. Its all the same response you yell out loud when your eyes notice a grav-car, careening a little too close and too fast to the sidewalk, the others already scrambling to get out of the way.You are just coming out of your reflective daze a little too late --

"NO!!"

Guess what. It's time you did something about it.

You don't know what happened after your shout and your last vision of the oncoming vehicle or the scrambling people around you. But you suddenly have found yourself sitting in someone else's shuttle. Parked in some out of the way area you don't recognize. All alone in the backseat. No driver. But a pinging sound gets you to ignore your questions and the amazement to being a little dirty, mildly cut up, and bruised; but having no other injuries. Instead you focus on the odd and advanced comlink next to you on the seat.Warily picking it up and, with an odd sense of trepidation, answer it to hear the following words. Words that change your life. Forever.

"I am glad to hear that you are well. And greetings to you, my name is The External. Guided by my own highly personal convictions, I have taken it upon myself to select twelve individuals to act as saviors in an attempt to rescue this galaxy of ours. I am calling each of these saviors: Selecao. And I have appointed one of them to a very important role. That of The Supporter. From this moment forward, you are no longer just a citizen. You are a Selecao. Congratulations! As for The Supporter, you can think of that role as the twelfth man. A fierce advocate for the team, as well as a cold-hearted sentinel that's always watching.

Be aware that at any time your performance as a Selecao is deemed as unsatisfactory, you shall expect to face swift judgment at the hands of The Supporter. You may wonder, 'Am I not The Supporter?' The answer to that is a closely guarded secret known only by me. It may be you or it may not. As for the twelve I have hand picked out of countless persons throughout the galaxy; each is an individual that has an inherently strong desire to be a Selecao. Whether they realize it or not. Therefore, participation in this mission is compulsory. Refusal is not an option.

The comlink I have given you contains one trillion credits. How you decide to use the funds is entirely up to you; all I ask is that you use the money to lead this galaxy to what you feel is the right path, using any methods necessary. But please note, that the trillion cannot be, under any circumstances, be converted to cash; should you have any requests, a concierge is available to you, twenty fours a day by pushing the center button on your comlink. Upon utilizing the concierge, the costs of any requests will be deducted from the trillion. The eleven other Selecao will be able to see your purchase in their comlink's activity history. Be aware that there are penalties involved with this venture. Any following Selecao who meet the following conditions during the course of this mission will face a certain death, carried out by The Supporter.

First, those who abandon the mission or attempt to escape. Second, those who go long periods of time without using their phone and post known results. Third, those who are caught using the phone for their own personal needs rather than the needs of the galaxy at large. And fourth, those whose balance reaches zero before accomplishing the ultimate goal of saving the galaxy. However, these four rules are by no means, exhaustive. I would like my chosen twelve to take full responsibility for the actions they may take. And last, but not least, the first Selecao to accomplish the mission will be deemed the victor and ultimately survive. Any remaining Selecao will be immediately terminated. There is absolutely no way around this.

That is all I have for you at this time. Remember, I chose you for a reason. If you can tap into the hidden power I know you possess and become the first Selecao to successfully save the galaxy from the perils it faces; you will immediately be brought to my location at once. Noblesse oblige! I sincerely pray you will become our savior.

Don't let me down."

Character sheet:

Name

Species which will be kept confidential

Appearance which will be kept confidential

Job which will be kept confidential

Two.Beat the other Selecao to it while remaining anonymous. Figuring out the others' identities will aid you well on the other hand!! :D
    Three. You must always post as a sock specially designed for this RPG to hide yourself. Both here and the OOC thread when it arrives. Should the player's identity be discovered there will be repercussions. Same with characters.The dance of death and intrigue is very real.
    Four.Wrongly guessing another's player identity or the identity of the GM also has bad effects. Be supremely confident before you try a guess via PM.
    Five.PM your character sheets to me!!! After approval I'll tell you the name of the sock you have to make and will be showing the character sheets on all's behalf to protect everyone at the beginning. :D
    Six. Be careful. In all you do; In all you say. In all you feel.
    Seven.For any other mods joining this venture. Please do not ruin the surprises for yourself if it can be helped! ;) If it cannot be helped, but you wish to partake please PM me and maybe we can find another avenue for your joining.
    (This game is based off the show Eden of the east.)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. The External

The External Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2017
    (Once you have finalized your Selecao Account, post here stating 'Comlink Active')

3. Selecao X

Selecao X Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2017
    Comlink active.