main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Edge of Abyss (OC; NJO, post-SBS) - Update 7/29!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Strike, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Strike

Jedi_Strike Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2001
    This story takes place during the New Jedi Order and it doesn't really deal with the events mentioned in the books because it's OC. The main character is Roan Stalker, but that's all I'll give away here, for more info just read on :) Comments are welcome!

Edge of Abyss

Prologue

They had come by dawn. A group of strange men. They had taken away everything he had: they had killed his wife and his daughter. But they couldn?t take away his memories of them, the beautiful days they had spent together, in peaceful times on a peaceful world. His homeworld had been peaceful ? until the Yuuzhan Vong had entered this galaxy. From that moment on, everything had changed. They galaxy lay in ruins and nobody cared for an ordinary man, an owner of a little enterprise on a world in the mid rim.
    The men who had killed his family would pay a high cost ? they didn?t know whose life they had destroyed. He had spent some time on an academy ? on the shadow academy. He was a Jedi ? a Dark Jedi, even if he had refused to use his powers a long time ago, he still knew how to handle them. And now he would take revenge ? even if it would cost his life in the end. He didn?t care. He had nothing to lose.

Chapter One

It was now three month that he?d lost his family and he?d begun his running battle against the murderers. At the moment he was on a world called Santooine. Santooine could hardly be found on any map,it was a world still ruled by the Hutts, the kings of crime ? the perfect place to start his search.
    The alien on the service terminal asked for his ID. ?Roan Stalker.?
    ?And what?s the reason for your stay on Santooine??, the alien asked.
    ?Got some jobs to do. I?m a businessman.?
    ?Ah, yes. Should I know your enterprise??
    ?No. It?s not that big. Trade and such things.?
    ?Well, then I wish you a good stay on Santooine. May your business be successful and profitable.?
    ?Thanks?, Roan said and walked through the doors and on the street. Though this was an unknown world, it looked wealthy. ?So the Hutts are still in business. Nice to see.? He made his way through the streets and towards a little bar called ?Furious Rancor?. Nice name. That sounded like a place where he could get informations.
    The bar looked friendly for the people he searched. Roan made his way past a few desks with Rodians and other aliens and set down on a table on the wall. He touched the small cylinder which hang from his belt. That thing could save his life if he decided to use it. But first he didn?t want to make any enemies without knowing this territory. A waiter-droid came to his table. ?Do you wish anything, Sir??
    ?Corellian whiskey, please.?
    ?Comes immediately.?
    Then the waiter-droid turned away and Roan had time to think. Something which he had very often during the lasts months. Time to think about what to do, to think about his private war and time to think about his family. About his lovely wife and his little daughter. Sometimes he saw them everywhere he looked and other times he culdn?t even remember the color of his wife?s hair. His heart was in a revolt. He doomed the guys he hunted. He doomed them every day. The waiter-droid returned.
    ?Here, Sir. That makes five credits.? He paid and took a drink. His life was senseless without his family. How often had he wished he?d be dead and united with his wife and daughter. But then he had thought of the guys who had killed them and the wish for revenge returned.
    He looked at his chrono. It was about time to get some informations. He emptied his jar. Time to hunt some people down.

As he left the ?Furious Rancor? the sun began already to set. The shadows became longer and the dubious life-forms from Santooine began to leave their hide-outs. Well, that was something he wasn?t interested in. He had to get to the Hutts, even if that sounded like a suicidal plan. The Hutts were the only ones who knew nearly every group who raid worlds, even if this group consists of not more than twenty persons.
    After he?d walked for some hundreds of mete

2. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh nice work! Mesa likes!

Roan Stalker is great! Nice name btw!

3. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Thanks! And it's cool that you like the name, I really spent a lot of time with thinking about my main character's name and in the end I think Roan Stalker fits well. Coming up with names for characters is always the most difficult thing, I think. And there'll be more of Roan soon, of course :)

4. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    After a while he had found a hotel. From the outside it looked like an old warehouse but inside it looked more like a very comfortable hotel. The woman on the reception was human and not older than twenty-six. ?What can I do for you, Mister??, she asked.
    ?I?m searching for a place to sleep.?
    The woman smiled at him. ?I didn?t expect something else. A room with a refresher??
    Roan hesitated. A refresher? that was something he neded right now. He didn?t feel very comfortable. ?Yes. And can I get a holonet-station??
    ?A holonet-station is already included. How long do you want to stay??
    ?Well, I think one night. Maybe longer, but that?s something I don?t know by now. Depends on how the business works.?
    ?Alright. Then one night.?
    Roan paied with his card and the woman handed him the keycard to his room.
    ?I wish you a nice stay at our hotel.?
    ?Thanks.?

In his room, Roan took off his clothes and stepped into the refresher. He?d needed the shower. As he stepped out, he grabbed towel and binded it around his hips. Then he activated the holonet-station and typed the passwort in, which he?d found on his table. It worked! A few seconds later he was logged in.
    What he searched for was a ship. Booking every journey at a travel agency became exepensive. A small fighter would be nice, like an X-wing. While TIEs could only be bought on the black market, X-wings and other vessells used during the Rebellion and now still used by the New Republic ? or what was left of it ? were also sold in public. He searched some local traders and soon he had found what he was looking for: the newest version of an A-wing, nearly unused. Wherever that guy had got it, that thing was excellent! Before he?d search for Gyriak tomorrow he would visit this shop and spent some money ? even if he would have nearly nothing left, then. He didn?t care. With his own fighter, he?d be able to make some money.
    Roan deactivated the holonet-station and lay back in his bed. He?d have a lot business to do tomorrow, so he?d better get some sleep. He switched off the lights and closed his eyes.

From this distance he could see the dark cloud hanging over his house. He switched the power-lever of his landspeeder to the maximum and raced along the street. The dark cloud became bigger and bigger the nearer he got. He was returning from a negotiation with one of his clients which had been very successful. But now that he saw the cloud, he wished he hadn?t went to the city. His house was in flames. He parked the landspeeder in front of the ruin which used to be the building for the tools they?d used in their little garden and ran through the burning door, searching for his wife and daughter. ?Tia! Galai? Where are you!?, he screamed but he didn?t get response. He searched every room, ignoring the flames around him. Then he got to the backyard. First he didn?t recognize the two bodies laying on the ground, he just focused on the men standing there. ?What have you done? Where are my wife and my daughter??, he screamed at them. Then he saw the two bodies and his eyes filled up with tears. There in front of him lay Tia, his wife and Galai, his daughter. Both were dead. ?You bastards! Why? Why have you done this??, he sreamed at the men, louder than before, but the mem just laughed. He raised his hand in anger and blue lightnings reached for the men. The first one of them crashed lifeless to the ground. The others ran, but they didn?t came far because they were thrown against a wall by an unseen force. Then the first one was picked up and hang in the air, gasping for breath but he was dead before he touched the ground again. The two remaining men were caught by the blue lightings and again the lightnings didn?t stop until they were dead. Then he returned to the lifeless bodies of his wife and daughter. Whoever was responsible for this would die. Kneeling next to the ones he loved he sweared revenge.

Roan awoke bathed in sweat. The same dream - every night. But this time it hadn?t been the dream that had waked him up. He felt something strange outside the door.

5. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh my, yet another good post!

Am i right when I ask you if you had other fic's around on the old board?

6. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Thanks. And yes, I had another story. Actually this story was posted there, too, but I never finished it (mostly because I ran out of readers :( ) and re-posting the part I already have written gives me the opportunity to bring the story to an end (the version on the old board got locked ;) ) - and there's a lot more to come in this story :)
    The other story I've written is actually a duology which takes place directly after the Enemy Lines books but somehow I thought it would get too much AU if I continued writing it. The links are in my bio and maybe if there's at least one person who likes it, who knows, maybe I'm going to bring Reataliation to an end, too?
    Ah, and I'll post more of Roan Stalker soon!

7. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Chapter Two

?Oh! I? I?m really sorry! I didn?t want to wake you up?? Roan looked at her with a questioning face.
    ?Ahem, what are ou doing in front of my room??, he asked.
    ?Nothing. I mean ? sure I?m doing something. It?s just?? The door next to Roan?s room opened.
    ?A little bit more silent or I call for the security!?, a voice said before the door was shut again loudly.
    ?We better get in there to talk?, Roan said and pointed with his thumb behind him. The young woman came in and Roan closed the door. ?So what is it that you appear in front of a stranger?s room in the middle of the night??
    ?You are a Jedi, right??, she asked.
    ?If you could first answer my question??
    ?I walked past yout door when I heard heavy moans and screams. I wondered what was going on in here.?
    ?I had a bad dream.?
    ?Could you please answer my question now??
    ?I?m no Jedi.?
    ?So why do you have a lightsaber??, she asked and pointed at the cylinder in his hand.
    ?I?m a Dark Jedi.? Her eyes became wide and she jumped off the bed where she had set down and made some steps back to the door. ?There?s no need to fear me. I won?t harm you.? But that didn?t convince her, so Roan let the cylinder fly towards her and pushed into her left hand. ?You see? I will do you no harm. I?m just an ordinary man with an extraordinary story.? She looked at him confused. ?May I ask for your name??
    ?Tia Glewsteamer.?
    Tia.
    He felt the memories coming back.
    Tia.
    ?Have I said something wrong??, Tia asked.
    Roan looked up and saw his wife standing in front of him.
    Tia.
    No. That wasn?t true. Before him stood Tia Glewsteamer, a young woman from Santooine. ?No, you haven?t said something wrong. It?s just?? His voice faded away.
    ?Yes??, Tia asked carefully.
    ?That?s a long story, Miss Glewsteamer.? He avoided to call her first name.
    ?Well, I couldn?t sleep and I surely can?t sleep now. I?ve got plenty of time.?
    He hesitated. His story was something only he knew and he hadn?t shared it with anybody. But on the other hand this young woman seemed trusting. He had to make a decision: To tell her everything or to isolate himself for the rest of his life.
    ?Well, Tia, then you?ll be the first person who hears this??

The sun invaded the peaceful atmosphere in Roan?s room. He sat on the floor, leaned on the wall and watched the sleeping person on his bed. After he?d told his story to Tia, she had fell asleep and Roan hadn?t made any action to wake her up. He could feel that this woman was very emotional and that she wouldn?t tell his story to anybody else if he?d tell her to do so. She was special, the kind of person you don?t find often in your life. Just like his wife. No. He pushed this thought away. He didn?t want to compare her with his wife.
    He looked at his chrono. The trader would have open when he arrived. He could buy the A-wing, search for Gyriak and leave the planet. He could. But somehow he felt responsible for the woman who lay on his bed, sleeping peacefully. He didn?t know why, he just felt that way.
    He got dressed and wrote a little notice with his commlink-frequency for Tia Glewsteamer. He didn?t expect her to call and after he?d wrote the notice he didn?t know why he?d done it. ?Must be the Force?, he said to himself and left the room. He had to concentrate on his hunt.

After half an hour of search he?d finally found the trader. The building looked more like an old docking bay, but it fitted perfect for what Roan searched.
    On the left side were some shelves with spare parts for various fighter-types. Roan made out some parts of a TIE-fighter, something really rare. He was so concentrated that he didn?t recognize the Toydorian who appeared next to him.
    ?Can I help you??
    Roan looked surprised at the fluttering alien. ?Oh. Ahem, yes. I?m searching for a spacecraft. I?ve heard you sell A-wings??
    ?A well informed client! Yes, I have an A-wing to sell. Nearly unused. Wanna have a look??
    Roan nodded. ?Sure.?
    The Toydorian led the way to a large hangar-like room in whic

8. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, i thought I had seen this around, but I wasn't entirely sure, and my memory isn't helping ;)

Good Post! This is certainly looking good!

OC's always have a hard time getting off the ground. You'll get there!

There's a "club" in the writer's recource for non english speaking writers, maybe you should visit it!

9. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Roan got the feeling that the sun was very aggressive today. There was no cooling wind, not even a breeze, but the streets were as full as yesterday evening. He made his way past some shops, looking through the show windows.
    After he?d turned off in another street, the shops became fewer and the bars became more. And after he?d looked at the first sign he knew that he was in the ?black area? of the city. That was the place where the bosses of the criminal gangs ruled. That was the place where he could find Gyriak.
    The alleyways became darker and the faces scarred. Perfect.
    He joined the first group of people he saw.
    ?Hello everybody.?
    One with far too much scars on his face looked angrily at Roan.
    ?Have I done something wrong??, Roan asked innocent.
    ?Yes, you did. You interrupted our conversation?, Scarface said.
    ?Oh, you can talk? Well, do you know a guy named Gyriak?? Roan knew that he?d done one of the few things that could end one?s life. He?d made a brutal-looking gang-member angry. But again his only thought was: I have nothing to lose.
    ?I knew a man called Gyriak. I worked for him.?
    Now that was a really lucky hit. He?d found the right person instantly.
    ?Ahem, what do you know with ?knew?? What happened to him?? Roan used the Force to get an answer. At least the mind-trick worked for this guy.
    ?He was killed six months ago by an competing group.?
    ?And what became of his group who raided planets??
    ?No action since then. Most of them defected to the group who killed Gyriak. The others left the business.?
    ?And where can I find this group??
    ?I think they have a base on?? Scarface was interrupted by one of the others standing in the group.
    ?Why are you telling that guy everything about our friends??
    Scarface shook his head as if he?d free himself from his thoughts. That wasn?t going to work out well here. Roan laied his right hand on his lightsaber, ready to activate it.
    ?Yes. Why am I telling you this? What have you done with me??, Scarface asked.
    ?Nothing. Thanks for the conversation?, Roan said and wanted to turn away, but he was held back by one of the others.
    ?I think it?s time to answer my questions?, Scarface said.
    ?It would be better for your wealthy if you would put your hands away from me?, Roan said to the guy who was holding him, but thit one just grinned.
    ?You see, you?re in big trouble, stranger?, Scarface said happily.
    ?I wouldn?t bet??, Roan said and wanted to activate his lightsaber as a call came from behind.
    ?Let him go!?
    Roan managed to turn his head. There in the entry of the alleyway stood Tia Glewsteamer with a blaster in her hands. Now He knew why he?d felt responsible for her. The Force had gestured him that Tia was about to get into trouble. What he hadn?t known this morning was that he was the one who had put her into trouble. Now he didn?t have to fight for himself ? he had to fight for Tia, too. With that thought he activated his lightsaber.
    It was time to get into action.

Roan slashed his red blade against the one who was holding him, cutting this one in two. He didn?t raise his blade against the others, first he had to get Tia out of this. But that wasn?t going to be easy.
    Two strangers neared themselves Tia from the back, grabbed her and made her an easy aim. But Roan wasn?t going to make this happen. With a high jump he brought himself in front of Tia just in time to block the first beams of green energy rushing towards Tia.
    Then he started a backblow and seperated one of the attacker?s head from the body belonging to it. The other man who held Tia let her lose, his eyes wide in fear. But Roan didn?t care, the last thing that man saw in his life was Roan?s lightsaber rushing towards his heart.
    Now that Tia was free, Roan grabbed her by an arm and together they hurried for the street, only to find themselves in front of an even larger group of enemys.
    ?Damn, why do I have to bring the whole city against me??, Roan murmured and searched for a route to escape. But there was none.
    He had to stay and fight.
    His blade moved into action. At

10. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Phew that went well! Good post!

11. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Thanks! I hope you like this one, too :)

As the sun settled down and the sky became darker, Roan sat on the roof and stared into the wide green plains. Decker, as the young man was called, had brought Tia and him to a hideout at the border of the large city. Here they could stay a few days until they weren?t hunted anymore.
    The landscape reminded Roan of his homeworld. Of his family. Of everything he?d lost. Tears came to his eyes as he reflected ? and a familiar question: Why had all this happened to him?
    He sensed somebody who came towards him. Tia. She sat down beside him and took a look at the landscape in front of her.
    ?Thank you?, she said after some time.
    ?For what??
    ?For rescuing me today.?
    ?Never mind.? They fell silent again, watching the birds returning to their nests from their last trip before the night.
    ?How did you find me in the black area??, Roan broke the silence.
    ?I used this?, Tia said and handed him a small box.
    ?Very clever.?
    The box was a treking device. The only thing you needed was the frequency of the comm from the person you searched. Roan handed it back to her.
    ?What are you going to do now??, Tia asked.
    ?The A-wing I wanted to buy was too expensive. I have to find another way to get my hands on a spacecraft. And as long as haven?t found one I have to travel as I did before, as a passenger on a smuggling ship or I have to book a journey like every other person.?
    ?You?re not going to stay??
    ?What I?m searching for can?t be found on this planet. So no, I won?t stay.?
    Again silence fell between them.
    Roan used the Force to get impessions of what Tia was thinking, but what he sensed was something he didn?t liked at all, because it seemed wrong to him.
    ?It?s getting cold out here. We better move into a warmer place.?
    But he couldn?t help thinking of what he had just felt.

Chapter Three

On the next morning Roan got ready to leave. He had bought two blasters from Decker plus some energy cells. Tia was still asleep and in Roan?s opinion it was better that way. He had to get onto a ship and leave the planet as soon as possible, even if he had get no informations at all. He was a wanted man on this planet and he didn?t like to be the hunted. He was the hunter ? and the ones he hunted wouldn?t have much more time. He was ready to continue his private war. He toched the cylinder hanging from his belt and the blaster in the halfter. He had hided the smaller one in his right boot, just for the case that he needed it. In full gear he stepped out into the sun.
    He had to get a shuttle.

The spaceport was a nice walk away from the hideout, so Roan searched for a taxi or something like that. He had to think of Tia all the time. Was it right to leave her this way, without a single ?goodbye?? Roan hadn?t felt this way since? since the morning he had left his house to go to the meeting. If he?d only stayed with his family, maybe?
    He pushed this thoughts away. No. It wouldn?t have changed anything. He was here, on Santooine, to get the murderers. That was what he was supposed to do.
    He found a taxi and told the driver his destination. He would have enough time to think of that thing once he had had his revenge.

The spaceport was as crowded as the day Roan had arrived. Only that now there were holos which showed a picture of a tall man who killed somebody, using a red lightsaber.
    Roan identified himelf immediately, even if the picture wasn?t that good since it wasn?t a real holo of Roan who was stuck in the fight against the people of the black area. Well, another reason to leave this planet. He only hoped that the people around here didn?t recognize him as the man on the holo.
    He stepped to a service terminal.
    ?Hi. I need a passage away from here?, he said.
    ?And what?s your destination??, the man behind the terminal asked.
    ?What do you have??
    ?Well, there?s a flight heading to Tatooine.?
    Tatooine. The biggest dustball in the outer rim. A world well known by smugglers al over the galaxy

12. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    WOW! Long but great! I'm liking it, very interesting! :D

13. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Hey, a new reader! This is going to be good :) More soon, I promise!

14. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    He never had the chance to search because the security guys had already found him. He didn?t want to hurt any of them, but when the first guard raised his blaster Roan didn?t have a choice. He activated his lightsaber and cut the blaster in two, which brought him an unbelieving face from the guard. The others seemed to be shocked, too. So they hadn?t known they were searching for someone who can use the Force.
    Roan used the little pause to jump over the wall of men standing in front of him and he landed on a high pillar. From here he had a clear look over the whole hall ? but he was also clearly visible for the security guards who opened fire instantly. Roan blocked the green beams with his lightsaber, but that wasn?t something he could do for long, because the guards opened fre from all around him and even a Dark Jedi would get hit by one of the bolts sometime.
    He looked for another place to hide, but there was none. So there was only one possible solution: he had to get onto the roof.
    He threw his lightsaber and cut a hole into the steel plates above him. Then he jumped, but a blaster bolt grazed him and he got out of balance, so he couldn?t jump as high as he wanted. His free hand reached for the edge of the hole and he got a hold, but he couldn?t boost himself through the hole and onto the roof. He needed his second hand free.
    Now everything was a question of timing. He deactivated his lightsaber and let it fall. Then he grabbed the edge with his now free hand and pulled himself through the hole onto the roof. Now he had to get his lightsaber back. He reached out for it with the Force and called it back to him just before one of the security guards could catch it.
    Now he was away from the crowd in the hall, but his problems just began. With anger he heard the engines of some starfighters as they neared.
    Time was slipping away. If Decker wouldn?t be here in time there would be nothing left to rescue. Then the first beam of green energy hit the plate next to him.
    Roan looked around, but there was nowhere to hide, not even a place to run for cover. He was a clear target for the fighters.
    The next beam hit the roof, this time little bit nearer than the last one. Roan?s finger moved to the button which would activate the lightsaber in his right hand, but then he heard a different engine ? one of an A-wing! Decker an his A-wing appeared at the far side of the roof. Roan got in a run for the fighter, his foot were followed by a new volley of green beams of pure energy. Just as the volley arrived at the place where his feet were, Roan jumped for the A-wing. He got a hold on the right wing and Decker accelerated the fighter towards the hideout Roan had left this morning, followed by the local security?s starfighters.
    ?We need to get rid of these damn burdocks!?, Roan shouted at Decker.
    ?I know. What about taking them down??
    ?What did you say??
    ?I said we?ll take them down! You understand? Blam! Shoot them!?
    Roan shook his head. That wasn?t going to turn out well. He had to get onto one of these fighters. He turned his head and took a deeper look at them. Both of them were Z95 Headhunters. Nothing really good but they weren?t that bad either. If he could only bring one of them down and could bring it into space. Then his passage away from here would be save. But now Decker wanted to shoot them down. Roan still wondered how this guy wanted to manage that.
    When the first missle passed him he knew it. Someone was waiting on the roof of the hideout, handling a moblie missle launcher.
    But Roan didn?t wait for the missle to hit one of the fighters. Using the Force, he pushed it away from its flight path.
    ?Hey, what are you doing??, Decker shouted at him, but Roan didn?t listen.
    He forced the first Z95 down, blocking his stick with the Force. As the Headhunter touched the ground, a big cloud of dust rose into the air. Roan did the same with the other Z95.
    ?How did you do that??, Decker asked, but Roan didn?t answer.
    ?You and Tia, both of you need to leave this city immediately. This isn?t a save plac

15. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Well, a rather small update, but I hope you like it nevertheless :)

Chapter Four

It was now two weeks since Roan had arrived at Tatooine and his plan to talk to the Hutts was slowly beginning to turn out to be the right thing. Getting in contact with the Hutts had been harder than he had thought. First they had tried to kill him, than they had tried to get him off the planet against his will. But finally they had seen that they wouldn?t get rid off Roan until they had answered him some questions. But everybody knows how the Hutts are: before you get something from them, you have to give them something. And so Roan had agreed to go on a mission for them. And that mission brought him deep into the desert fields of Tatooine, to the ground of the Tusken-raiders.
    Even two weeks are enough to know everything you need to survive on this planet and so Roan recognized the sandstorm before it was too near. He had to find a place to stay. The nearest settlement was too far away to get there in time, he had to find a cave somewhere in a large rock. With the Force this task wasn?t too hard and after a couple of minutes he?d found a cave large enough to keep him and his landspeeder out of the sandstorm. Now he could only hope that the storm wouldn?t last too long, otherwise his supplies wouldn?t be sufficient.
    As the storm blew on, Roan decided to take a closer look at the cave. He found some bones ? probably of a womp-rat. And there was something which Roan had expected last to find at this place. There were drawings on the walls! Now that was something that caught Roan?s attention. He grabbed his lightsaber and activated it for some light. The drawings showed a person with something in his hands. This something looked familiar to Roan but it was too smudged to have a clear shape. The person fought something that looked big, like a large Krayt-dragon. There were several more images and some text, but Roan didn?t look at it. He recognized what the thing in the person?s hand was: a lightsaber.
    He got back to his landspeeder and searched for his small holocam. Whatever those drawings meant or what they were supposed to tell, he would need a calm place and enough time to get behind its meaning.
    He found his holocam and started to record the drawings, what took him at least two hours because he tried to catch every single drawing precisely. When he had finished his work, the sandstorm was over. Roan smiled. He had a mission to accomplish and after he?d done that, maybe he would get some answers. And after that, he would have enough time to find out more about those drawings.

16. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    Up! I wonder were my readers have gone ?[face_plain]

17. Jedi_Strike

Dec 15, 2001
    His aim was an old moisture farm deep in the Tusken regions. The Hutts had located a high energetic activity there, though Roan still didn?t know how they?d done that. But that was something that didn?t matter for his mission. He would find out what was behind that activity, get whatever was in responsible for that and leave this place. Well, that was his plan.
    The farm was guarded by a group of Tusken raiders. Roan counted at least eighteen. So whatever was in there, it had to be very prescious.
    Roan felt the teperatures sinking as he waited for the right moment to start his attack. While he waited his hand reached for his lightsaber. The weapon of a Jedi or in his case of a Dark Jedi. He wondered how many Tusken might have seen such a weapon. And how many had died after the sight.
    A small animal crawled before him. The desert was silent and there wasn?t much light apart from the moonlight and the fires from the Tusken. Then, suddenly, he felt that it was the right time to attack. He could feel it in the Force. He felt that he had to attack.
    Roan got up and creeped in the direction of the fires. When the first Tusken was in perfect sight, roan activated his lightsaber. The fight had begun.
    He slashed his lightsaber in a low blow against the Tusken, who was caught completely by surprise. Then two more came in Roan?s sight, both armed with heavy blasters.
    ?Now that is something?, Roan said and jumped high up in the air and landed behind the two Tusken. One simple cut and their pieces lay on the ground. But there were still plenty of them left. Roan de-activated his lightsaber and hid in the shadows. There were too many to fight them all at once. It would be better just to look for that energy source, get it and leave this place. But first he had to get inside the farm. He climbed over the small wall and landed savely at the other side.
    There had to be a door or something where he could enter the farm, so he searched for it ? and found it only a few moments later because three Tusken were involved into a heavy fight.
    ?Dammit!?, Roan cursed.
    Now he knew why he had felt that it was time to attack: there were already others searching for the energy source!
    Roan rushed forward and joined the fight, swung his lightsaber and was inside the farm before he notized. Outside Tusken and the unknown enemies were still involved in fights. That would buy him some minutes, but he had to hurry. He stepped into the next room. Nothing. But when he looked out of the broken window he could see a small blue glimmer at the far side of the yard.
    He didn?t search long for the exit, he just cut his way out. Then he got into a run because a sniper of some sort had seen him and tried to get a clear shot at Roan. But Roan wasn?t the kind of making it easy for the sniper. Roan didn?t run straight for the glimmer, he used any cover he could get. So about fiften seconds later, Roan was through the yard and out of the sniper?s range.
    The glimmer became stronger and soon Raon had found what he had been searching for: a crystal lay under a board in a small room. Roan grabbed it and looked at the small thing. He didn?t know why but somehow the crystal had something which Roan could feel in the Force. Maybe that was the reason for its high energy. Maybe it was Force-sensitive. But whatever it was, Roan didn?t care at the moment. He had to get out of the farm and to his landspeeder.
    And that wasn?t going to be easy. The other forces had broken into the farm and two of them were walking across the yard and headed in his direction. Now his only possibility was to stay and fight a fight he couldn?t win. Or?
    Roan concentrated on the ceiling above him and used the Force to pull it down. But the ceiling didn?t move. He tried again and there were some small cracks. He tried one last time and large parts of rocks fell down and blocked the exit. But there was something Roan hadn?t thought about. The ceiling had been more massive than he had imagined and instead of a blocked door and a crashed ceiling he had a blocked door

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.