EDIT: Continuation of the RMFF

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Rises to the soap box

I have some things I have to get off of my chest.

We have been trying to work through a difficult period w/ this group for a few weeks now. And today the proverbial garbage hit the fan, as far as I am concerned.

Our Alter Ego Weekend was ruined not just by the boards being on the fritz, but also because of some person(s) who refused to cooperate and who took the jokes a little too far.

We also have had someone trying to destroy all of the work that Mike has done to improve his reputation, not just w/i the RMFF, but across the boards. I would say that the one person who has done an amazing job of growing as a member would be Mike, and to see someone trying to trash that has irked me to the point that I have privately encouraged action to prevent any further damage. I intended to keep it private until it was brought up earlier. However, now I believe that I have done a disservice not just to Mike, but to the whole RMFF, by keeping silent about my rage. I am sorry, especially now, that I did not speak out then.

For the last two days I have been arranging a friendly invasion of Detroit, due to the, hopefully, upcoming visit of one of their members. However, this has been ruined by person(s) who have taken an invasion for a flame fest. Even after several warnings, it continued. I plan to offer my apologies to Detroit, in the hopes to preserve a tenable relationship with them.

Although I still believe the RMFF will continue, I also believe that these events have greatly hurt, not just our reputation, but our ability to act as a group. I can only pray that we get through this diaster together.

I apologize to you all for not speaking up before, but I was under the delusion that the preceding behaviors would work themselves out in a natural way. I was terribly wrong. I will ask only one thing to come out of this mess, if you feel that something is wrong, please speak up and let it be known. We will accomplish nothing without growth, and to grow we must learn from our mistakes.

steps down from the soap box, and sits w/ head in hands

EDIT:Sorry, I made the mistake of letting things build up instead of bringing it out into the open right away. However, I do believe that things will move on, I just felt that I needed to speak my mind.
  2. Sith_Sock Jedi Knight

I am pretty sure I only flamed once and was freed of guilt by that person, but I guess it is in our best interests to apologize.
  3. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    no need jenn I have gotten the iawa thing straitened out and no real harm has been done that we can not fix. :D
  4. Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Knight

star 2
    *blinks* Well... *blinks again, this time shaking her head* It happens... You are right, though, Jenn: if we have a problem, we need to speek up and let it be known so the problem can be fixed. I think that is one of the best ways to resolve things: Talk it out. Usually, anyway.

I'm kinda shocked, though. I mean: why? People have have different opinions, yes but I mean... c'mon! the RMFF has worked very hard to get where they are now...And it doesn't help that people are trying to ruin that. It only takes one person to shatter the things many people have built. *sigh*
  5. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    Look at what I missed out on this evening! [face_shocked]

<Puts on best 'Diplomatic Padmé' immitation> But Padawan_Willow is right, stuff like this happens. That's part of the problem with posts, and instant messaging. Sometimes it's hard to gauge whether something is said in jest, or seriously, and sometimes people get the wrong idea. But these are rare instances, and other than that, message boards are fun places to be in. I have no doubt the RMFF will continue for many years to come.

On another note, I've also noticed how far Chunk has come. Way to go Mikey! :D

*SB*
  6. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Other than catching the HuntressD's thread this morning about the recent sock invasion, I have absolutely no idea what is going on and certainly how it could threaten the existence of the group, i'm sorry i'm so far behind.

Didn't we just have an amazing group gathering a week ago and all was love in the world??
  7. spikealus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello just putting in my .02 here

I agree w/ ObiWannbe WTF!!

so let me be devil's advocate here

Now I know I am a new member and all but what could someone have said to get everybody's knickers in a twist. I really don't want to know b/c I was not involved and I am not rubbernecking but it seems the board is going thru a depression or maybe everyone is just busy I don't know.

on the other hand I have seen other boards disnegrate over people's posts and everybody started taking sides and then nothing, everybody just left and it was boring. Its no fun posting by yourself. Anyway, I always thought not talking to people face to face would be easier but its not! I always worry if I am going to offend someone or just sound so stupid and shallow and that nobody will respond to me. he he he so I guess I can see how a post can hurt someone guess the pen is mightier than the sword

anyhoo, having met several people from this board I know alot of you are really cool, funny, intelligent, opinionated people so I know this will pass and thats all I've got to say so continue on!

8. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    what the heck happened ???????????????
  9. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    A couple of RMFF'ers, who shall remain nameless, went in a little too hot on the sock invasion over at R2Detroit, and a new member there took afront to it. Said offenders did the right thing by contacting said individual and calming the waters(yu can read all posts on both sites)

All in all, a brief skirmish, but no lasting damage done.
  10. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    It was a little wierd, I checked the boards late last night and it was coming upon a battlefield after everyone went home. A mess with no visibile cause. I even checked the Detroit boards and found few clues as to what happened. However it did spark some thoughts which I may post in a new thread later.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.