main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edit options in RP forums

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Exar Koon, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Exar Koon

Exar Koon Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    If this isnt the appropriate means of suggestion I apologize and will do the correct procedure,

I think in the rp forums edits should be allowed without time restriction(much like in the ooc forum), and I mean all around so I don't have to run to a mod every time i see a mistake or some ingrate tries to mess with my thread like today(the DM should be able to delete a post in their thread). to prevent cheating allow viewing of the post pre-edit.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I would PM one of the forum mods (Ramza is probably the better choice). It would be their call.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Unlimited edit time is something we could potentially work with, although it's generally not seen as a good idea in the RPF proper since the format requires a certain amount of post/response. If you'd like to discuss it further with the rest of the RPF community I'd recommend a Resource discussion. I can say now that there is no way to allow the users at large to view pre-edit posts.

As for spam in your own thread, there is no way with the current software for a GM to have permission to prune posts in their own thread. You should get ahold of either myself or Penguinator when something like that happens (Yes, I did see your report, and yes, your thread has been cleaned up), in much the same way you would contact a moderator in any other part of the forum for that sort of thing.